Chapter 4

Babysitter Naekkoya!

(Zelo)

I thought I should be more mature in front of my pretty noona but she seemed to enjoy my childish acts so I danced on the table for her. I knew she was having fun but I guess she remembered that she wasn’t here to be entertained. It took a while and several more appropriate songs but she finally got me back on the ground.

“Now, please tell me what you want for dinner and don’t make any smart comments.”

“Fine. I want two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with the crusts off.”

“That’s it? Can’t you make that yourself?”

“Silly noona,” I smiled. “That’s your job. And I want lemonade. From scratch.”

She rolled her eyes and got the ingredients from the fridge. I sat at the table and watched her prepare my sandwiches. She made sure there was an even amount of peanut butter and jelly on both sides of the bread and then carefully cut off the edges. The way my mom used to and the way my dad refused to. She passed me the sandwiches and started on the lemonade.

“Do you like it sweet or sour? Zelo? Zelo?” I realized she was talking and quickly cleared my thoughts of how pretty she was.

“Sweet.”

When she was done she had me taste the lemonade. She brought the spoon to my lips and held her hand under my chin in case the spoon dripped. I wished YongGuk could see this.

“How is it?” she asked.

I grinned. “Delicious.”

As soon as I was finished, she cleaned up and announced it was homework time.

“Ugh, noona, why not tomorrow?”

“Your dad wants it done before he gets back.”

“Who cares what he wants?”

“Don’t be like that, Zelo.” She pouted.

Aigoo. She was cute. And homework would get her up to my room. Hehe.

“Alright, alright, come on.” I led her upstairs to my room.

“Oh, wait,” she said, “Where will I be staying?”

“I almost forgot.” We went right instead of left to her room. I stopped in front the double doors and pushed them open.

“It’s not much but my dad’s a prick like that. He wouldn’t want to give you one of the better rooms.”

She put her overnight bag down and we headed back to my room. My music was still blasting when we got there.

“Oh my goodnesss, I love this song!” she exclaimed. “Aren’t you too young for this?” she asked, bopping her head to the old-school rap. It was ‘Jump’ by Kris Kross.

We started going through my music collection and before we knew it two hours had passed. It was midnight.

“Oh no, oh no, oh no,” Hyuna groaned. “I’m so irresponsible. You should be in bed and finished your homework! Your dad is coming back tomorrow!”

“Don’t worry, noona! Please stay up and help me!”

She sighed. “Ok.”

 

(Hyuna)

It took two more hours to help Zelo with his homework. I don’t know why they’re forcing that crap down kids’ throats. I climbed into bed completely exhausted. Zelo was a handful but he was a good kid. I woke in an hour feeling thirsty (probably from all rapping and laughing) so I went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water. On my way back I heard a muffled sound from Zelo’s room. Was he crying? I went to the door and listened closely. Yes, he was crying. My heart felt like it was tearing in two hearing that sound. I couldn’t just walk away. I took a deep breath and knocked.

“Zelo, are you ok?”

The crying stopped immediately. I heard footsteps then the door opened a crack.

“Yes, noona?”

I couldn’t see his face well in the darkness but his voice sounded stuffy from crying.

“Do you – are you –“

“I’m fine.” He said sharply.

“But I heard –“

“Noona, I am fine. Do you need anything?”

I frowned. “No, I –“

“Ok then. Goodnight, noona.” He quickly closed the door.

I slowly walked back to my room. What did an infectiously happy kid like Zelo have to cry about? I fell asleep with troubled thoughts about Zelo. I didn’t even know why I cared so much, I barely knew him but…*shrug*


I saw the light of the sun through my eyelids. I opened my eyes to Zelo hovering over me.

 I screamed and tumbled out of the bed.

“Noona, you’re awake!!”

I glared at him. “YOU DON’T SAY?”

He grinned. “My hyung is coming over soon so you should wear more appropriate clothing.” I looked down to see my tiny cami and flimsy shorts I had slept in. I scrambled back into bed and pulled up the covers.

“Noona has very nice pajamas,” Zelo said with an adorable eye smile. But I saw right through it.

“You little ert! Get out and let me get ready!” I threw my pillows at him but he easily deflected them and jumped into the bed.

“Do you like my pajamas?” He asked innocently.

He was wearing Pokémon pajamas decorated with the famous four: Pikachu, Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

“Aish! No one cares about your pajamas! Get out of my bed!”

He threw his arms around me and snuggled me to him.

“Noona, your hair smells so good!”

Just then there was a light knock on the door. Zelo and I turned to see YongGuk standing at the door, surprise all over his face. I shoved Zelo away from me and he fell to the floor with a loud thud. I quickly jumped out of the bed to bow forgetting my skimpy clothing. Curse my manners. YongGuk’s eyes raked my body and I remembered what I was wearing. I squeaked and jumped back into bed for the second time. I pulled the covers over my head. Omo, I must look like such a huge pabo. Please, please, let me sink into the earth and never reappear.

 “Zelo,” I heard YongGuk say. Ugh, that voice, my ovaries. “I always knew you liked older women.” Oh, Krisus. Had he seen when Zelo had his arms wrapped around me? What did he think? Aish, if he wasn’t so attractive and didn’t have such a beautiful voice I wouldn’t care what he thought…

Ne~ and they like me too hyung,” Zelo answered.

I flung the covers off of my head and glared at Zelo.

Get out, byuntae!

Zelo got off the ground and stretched.

He strolled casually out of the room like he hadn’t just assaulted me then my eyes met YongGuk’s. He chuckled and left the room.

I quickly got up and shut and locked the door. I sank to the ground. That was the most embarrassing moment of my life.