Chapter 13

Babysitter Naekkoya!

(HyunA)

Mr. Choi, YongGuk and I all arrived at the same time.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Mr. Choi shouted at me. “DON’T YOU KNOW WHAT FIRED MEANS? And you!” He turned to YongGuk. “Didn’t I warn you about coming near my son with that horrible stuff you call music??”

“Please, Mr. Choi,” YongGuk said. “We’re here for a very important reason.”

Mr. Choi scoffed.

“I have the truth about HyunA.” YongGuk said.

YongGuk grabbed my hand before Mr. Choi could stop us and we hurried to the front door. Thankfully, Zelo was the one who answered.

“Noona! Hyung! Why are you guys here?”

“Where’s HimChan?” YongGuk asked.

“He seemed really excited about something but he fell asleep. I think he had a really bad hangover.” Zelo told him.

“Perfect.” YongGuk said.

Mr. Choi arrived at the front door. He looked pissed.

“How can you ignore me and just waltz into my house?!”

“Mr. Choi, please.” YongGuk pleaded. “This might be the most important thing you ever hear.”

I didn’t think I was that important…

“Mr. Choi, you need to hear this. This isn’t just about HyunA. It’s about your relationship with Zelo. Please, just come into the sitting room and listen.”

“If it will get you out of my house…”

I was a little lost but I followed them into the sitting room. YongGuk took out a voice recorder, set it on the table and pressed play. Minutes later Zelo and his dad were crying their eyes out and hugging each other. I was speechless. I couldn’t believe HimChan. How could one person cause so much damage? How could he tear apart his own family like that?

Mr. Choi’s voice tore me out of my reverie.

“Kim HyunA, I apologize. I apologize sincerely for ever thinking you could do such a thing to my son. Thank you for coming into our lives. If you hadn’t…we may never have found out what HimChan did.” He bowed low and turned to Zelo. “You’re growing up. I think we both grew tonight, actually. JoonHong…if you don’t think you need a babysitter anymore –”

“Aniyo!” Zelo said quickly.

“Why the change of heart, son?”

Zelo looked at me.

“Um, Mr. Choi,” I started, “I feel you should know. Zelo and I like each other…”

Mr. Choi furrowed his eyebrows. “As more than a babysitter and her client?”

“Yes…”

“But JoonHong is 16 and –“

“Technically dad I’m only two years younger than her. I’ll turn 17 soon.” Zelo quickly filled in. “Is that…ok with you?”

“Well…I suppose I could get used to the idea and it will be good for to have an older female by your side, you know, to guide you through life –“

Zelo threw his arms around his dad again, I guessed partly to stop his speech. It was amazing to see them like this. YongGuk was grinning more than I had ever seen him grin. Mr. Choi turned to him and bowed the lowest I’d ever seen anyone bow. “Bang YongGuk, you saved my family. Even after all the harsh words I have thrown at you, you still found it in your heart to reveal the truth to JoonHong and me. I-I don’t know what we’ll do with HimChan now but to you I am eternally grateful.” They embraced.

“Zelo is my best friend, Mr. Choi,” YongGuk said proudly, “I would do anything for him, his family or anyone he loves.”  


I'm REALLY sorry it's so short! >__< Next update will be the epilogue! ^^