Awkward

Misunderstanding

 

Stumbling through the hallway, running on little to no sleep, Bekah had to power through the school day. Her puffy eyes always felt as if they were closing. It seemed as if classes were speeding by as she wasn't even paying attention to any of her teachers. A million thoughts of the break up sped through her mind. When her teachers called on her, it would take her a while to realize that she was even being called on; answering the teacher's question was a completely different story. Usually she was the sharpest students-- even when she was caught off gaurd, she would be able to answer without even thinking.  

She thought of Khun's words from last night: "The best revenge is to live well."

It wasn't until she reached the doorway of her psychology class that she realized that she would have to face Chansung. She shuffled in and plopped her tired body in a seat. She didn't even care which seat she sat in, she just wanted to put her head on the desk and close her eyes. If only she could stop herself from thinking about him.

Again Khun's advice rang in her mind, "don't let him know that he's had an effect on your mood."

She sighed.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her back, and she lifted her head up.

"Hey."

He smiled at her, hoping that it would make her feel better, but it didn't; all it did was make her remember yesterday's event-- not that she wasn't thinking about it already.

'Oh God,' She thought to herself.

"Tired?" He asked, pretending as if he had no idea.

She faked a smile, "A little; I had so much work to do last night. I can't believe I waited to write that history paper last minute." Lies. She was always on top of her work; she'd already finished her essay the second night after it was assigned.

"Ah, I see. You should get some sleep tonight, then." He said.

"Yeah, I will. I finished all my homework for tonight in a free this morning." 

"That's good." He chuckled, "you're so much of a better student than I am."

"That's not very hard to do," she giggled back. 

He made a puppy face at her, "But I try hard too!"

"Okay, Mr.help-me-with-this-assignment-I-totally-forgot-we-had-one," she laughed.

"Fine, point proven." He smiled at her.

Suddenly, she didn't feel so bad. 

She hadn't realized what he was doing. He was trying to make everything up to her. He wanted to be by her side, but to do that, he would have to mend all the hurt he has caused.

At that moment, Taecyeon came into the classroom. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" He said, ending their cute banter with one another.

"Sup, Taec." Chansung nodded towards him.

"Hey," Bekah said at the same time Chansung spoke.

They all sat in silence, taking out their notebooks and pencils out of their bags.

 

When everyone else arrived, lesson started. Bekah found herself nodding off to sleep every few seconds. Occasionally, you could hear Chansung giggling like a little boy at how cute she looked, unable to stay awake. He would try to stick post-its on her arm without her noticing so that when she woke up she would have a sleeve made of post-its.

"Chansung." Their teacher finally spoke directlly at him.

Chansung put one last post-it on Bekah's arm as he was spoken to.

"Yes?" He looked up.

"Bekah?" Their teacher said in surprise at his best student sleeping so soundly in the middle of class.

She flinched as she woke up from being called.

"Y-yes?" She said, rubbing her eyes.

"The two of you, stay after class."

When she realized that Chansung had been covering her arm with post-its, she glared at Chansung for drawing attention to them and getting her into trouble.

 

Once the bell rang, everyone sprang up and ran out the door. 

It was just Chansung and Bekah and Mr. Kang.

"I don't want to be the annoying teacher that preaches good behavior in class like every other teacher, but I don't know how else to go about making you understand why it's important not to be distracting..." Mr. Kang began.

"I'm really sorry Mr. Kang. It's just been a rough day, I promise I won't ever fall asleep in class again," Bekah apologized profusedly.

"no not you, Bekah; Chansung."

Chansung had his pokerface on.

"I understand you, Bekah; everyone has their tiresome days," he paused, "but I feel that there is tension between the two of you... something seems off about your behavior."

The two awkardly stared aside.

"Ah, I see. A sensitive subject... I'll stop there then. I'll just leave it at this; please sort out personal matters outside of class, okay? Putting post-it notes on Bekah's arm isn't going to make her suddenly not angry at you, Chansung."

He reads minds. Bekah thought to herself.

"Understood, Mr. Kang," Chansung bowed.

"Alright, now go to lunch," he ordered.

 

Bekah bowed and followed Chansung out of the room.

 

She began to walk in a different direction than he, but he quickly grabbed her wrist before she could get too far.

"Where are you going? Lunch is this way."

"I have to go drop some stuff off.... I'll see you there." She tried to get away from him, though she really didn't want to.

"What? but you always put your bag at the dining hall...." he thought for a moment, "you're not trying to avoid me because of yesterday are you?"

It was a trap. If she said yes, he would know that she was clearly affected by the break up. If she said no, it would be a clear lie.

"Um, no." It was better to save some face.

"Ok..." he said, "but I'll save you a seat in the dining hall."

"Yeah, that's fine." 

"You'll come right?" he pestered

"Why do you care so much?" She suddenly spewed in annoyance.

"What?"

"Just yesterday you made it quite clear you didn't want to be with me anymore, and today you're clinging onto me like no other. What is wrong with you?"

"I....."

She finally made him stop.

Just then, someone grabbed her hand. It felt familiar.

"Hey, is everything okay here?" Khun asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Thanks for your concern." There was a slight harshness to his voice, but he couldn't help himself. H could feel that Nichkhun wasn't just asking out of concern for the situation, but for Bekah.

"Chan!" Bekah scolded.

"Look... I..." It was then that he realized how bad what he just said-- or rather how he said it-- made him look in front of her.

"Whatever," she said, looking aside.

"Will you please come to lunch with me?" Chansung asked, ignoring the fact that Khun was standing right next to her.

Nichkhun put his hand on her shoulder, taking a step forward, "She's having lunch with me, bro."

Bekah was surprised, but also not. She had expected this sort of situation when Khun first arrived. She looked at Chansung. His sullen expression was rare; she knew his arrogance would have never let such a sad expression show on his face. He felt defeated. He would have never expected Khun to sweep Bekah away so quickly; it was only the day after they had broken up. How could this be?

Sympathy-- her weakness. She blinked twice and swallowed, still unsure of his reasons.

"I'll have lunch with you some other time.... I promised Khun this time."

He smiled slightly, but it was barely what you could call a smile.

"Alright then. Uh..." He awkwardly paused, "promise?"

"Promise." She smiled.

Khun stood by her side, arm still wrapped around her shoulders, looking at her with surprise. That's not what I told you to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry this took so long. eeek!

and also... sorry that i didn't write a blog post... I've been so busy with studying lately. whew! but let me just summarize. I'm really sad that she's gone now... for some reason, after she left I seriously no longer had any interest in After School but at the same time I'm really happy that now she can finally persue something that she truly loves! I'm sure being a kpop star was not what she had dreamt of in her plans for her future, though it's still really cool that she can look back and say "look what I'm capable of and what I've accomplished!" Plus, now that she has all this popularity, I'm sure her future clothing brands are going to do well. I'm not too too sad that she's out of the kpop game, I'm really excited actually. Honestly, I think she enjoyed it while she was there, but wanted to do something else with her life.

So... yeah! :3

please comment and subscribe! 

muchos gracias~!

yellowbee