Apologies

Misunderstanding

 

He got up from his swing and crouched in front of her again, holding onto the metal chains of the swings.

"You don't care that I could possibly like Hara?"

Bekah's heart pounded; she grew nervous. Had she been too quick with her words? She winced.

"You don't care that I could just be toying with you?" He asked slyly.

"Are you?" She asked naively.

He chuckled, "Do you think I am?"

Her heart continued to pound. It felt like the nightmare was coming back.

"Can we stop with the mind games? For once in your life, please, just be straightforward. Tell me what you mean exactly." Her eyes started to well up with tears, and her nose grew stuffy. Was he trying to play her again?

He took her hand with one hand and wiped her tears with his other.

"Sorry," he said as he swept her hair behind her ear.

"Why do you only do these things to me? Why not Hara? Why not Yoona or Hyuna? Why me?" Tears continued to stream down her face. Everything was starting to come back out. He had just opened pandora's box.

He was silent.

"You know that I like you, yet you continue to play with me as if I have no feelings," she paused, "Just tell me why. Why are you like this?"

He shook his head, "I'm not... I'm not sure why."

"You know what? Whatever, I'm done with this crap," she took a deep breath and got up.

"Wait, Bex," he said.

"What?"

" I'm sorry," he paused, "for being such a douche."

She wiped away another tear.

"Look, we've been through this before, and the last time it happened, we ended on such a bad note," he paused and took her hand, "when we weren't on speaking terms, I had time to think. You're a really great friend to me, and I want you to be by my side."

Still angry about his mind games, she withdrew her hand and shoved him.

"What was that for? I just accepted your confession!" 

"That was for playing games," she said angrily.

He laughed cutely as he extended a hand to her, "Come on, let's go back." 

As she took it, she looked up at his smiling face. This moment had finally come.

 

When they got back home, he helped her gather her things and walked her back home.

"I'll call you tomorrow or something," He said with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Yeah okay," she said as she hugged him and waved goodbye to him, watching him leave from the window next to the door.

She rejoiced. Never had she been so happy in her entire life.

 

As she stood in the bathroom, brushing her teeth, her phone rang.

"Mmm?" She picked up.

"Hey, it's me," Chansung said.

"Ca you gib me a shec?" She managed to say through the foam in .

He laughed charmingly, "Are you getting ready for bed?"

"Mmm." She grunted.

"Call me back when you're done, okay?"

"Mmm." She hung up.

 

As she plopped herself back down on her bed again she smiled to herself. Was she dreaming? 

She scrolled through her contacts list and was about to call Chansung when: Riinggg Riiingggg

Khun was calling!

Confused, she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Bex, um.." he stuttered.

"Yes, Khun?" She said, looking at her clock, hoping this conversation wouldn't last too long.

"Listen, my family's having this dinner thing next weekend... and they asked me to invite a friend... and I was wondering," he swallowed, "If you would be willing to come?"

"As a friend?" She tried to establish quickly.

"I mean, if you want to be more, I'm sure there's something we can do about that," he chuckled through the phone.

She giggled, "As friends."

"Alright, but you don't know what you're missing out on," he flirted, "I'll tell you more about it on Monday, okay?"

"Mhmm..." She didn't know if promising to go to dinner with Khun was a good idea. Afterall, she and Chansung were sort of a thing now, but Chansung knew very well that her feelings were all for him. She shrugged it off.

"Talk to you later," he finally said before hanging up.

 

She finally called Chansung at 10:00 PM. It was a mystery why she was so tired as usually teenagers tend to be owls.

"Bekah?"

"Ye?" She replied.

"Why did it take you so long to brush your teeth and wash your face?"

She giggled, "Sorry, Khun called me." Might as well tell him.

"What? You're not cheating on me already, are you?"

"Tcsh, of course not."

"So what did he want?" Chansung sounded worried.

"He just invited me to some dinner thing with his family."

"So are you going?"

"I mean, I felt bad rejecting him," her voice suddenly grew quiet, maybe she should have said no.

"Oh," Chansung replied quietly.

"Chan?"

"Yes, Bex?"

"Are you angry?"

"Well... I'm a little upset..."

"Don't be. I promise you, he and I are just friends."

"I believe you," He said. She could tell he was smiling when he spoke by the way he spoke.

"Also, Chan?"

"Yes?"

"I'm tired."

"But we just started talking!" He pouted.

"I know, but I think that tickle fight seriously took a lot out of me."

He laughed. "We can just keep talking until you fall asleep, then."

"Alright. Just don't be mad if I suddenly stop replying," she giggled.

And so they chatted through the night, up until midnight. It was practically a miracle that she hadn't passed out earlier.

When the clock struck 12 o'clock, her eyes shut and she was unconscious.

"Bex?" Chansung whispered.

No reply.

"Ah... you're asleep," he said as he heard her deep breaths through the phone. He sighed, "I'm sorry. If there's a way I could make up for all that heartache, please let me know. Why I treated you that way, I don't think I'll ever be able to figure out for myself." He laughed at his own stupidity, "I hope you'll somehow hear this in your dreams, because I don't think there's going to be a way that I'll be able to repeat this to you again."

She hummed in her sleep; it was an old habit she could never get rid of. 

"I'll take that as an apology accepted, then," he laughed. His eyes were tired too, and so he closed them.

And like that, they both fell asleep, drifting off into dreamland, still connected by their phones. It was as if the other person was lying right next to them, all the more comforting.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well there you go :) another chapter.

I hope you liked it, because there will be more drama in the future. hahahaha (evil laugh)

kay, I hope you'll leave comments for me and maybe even subscribe ^-^

THANK YOU!