Chapter 17

~Our Love Story~

Febuary 14

It's Valentines' day. My relationship with JR has improved. Closer and he became more open. He smiled more as compared to the other time. Not so cold anymore. And... I've decided not to join NU'EST so I could  interact with him more in school. Kimmy isn't that over-protecting me anymore. I heard he found his love. I'm happy for him.

"Kimmy!" I shouted as I hit his arm.

"Erm... Ow?" He replied me as his 'precious' eyes was completely fixed on something on the table.

"What are you making?" I asked as I extend my head over to see what he was doing.

"No peeking." Kimmy replied as he pushed my face away with his freehand, eyes still concentrated on his item.

"Aigooo... So in LOVE huh? Someone's so in love that he forget about me." I pouted as I picked up my bag.

"No I didn't! I still remember your birthday which is like tomorrow? And your favourite food. And-"

My phone rang.

"Okay,okay." I stopped him before answering my phone as I stepped out of the house.

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Ah...Song Ji-ah. Erm.. We..Er... can't go with you to school today. We got some bullying case to settle." Minhyun said.

"Oh... Gwenchana. Go ahead then. See you guys in school." I answered before hanging up.

"Oh... Someone's gonna cry." Kimmy teased as he finally pick his head up and look at me.

"No I'm not! I need to go now. Buai buai." I waved as I stepped out of the house.

I walked silently to school, with my earpiece stucked to my ears. The loud music cover all my thoughts as I walked blankly to school. Recently, I've been worried about my health. Few days ago, I kept feeling dizzy and almost faint when I walked down from the stairs. I didn't dare to tell anyone. At night, I tend to have headache and it caused me to have sleepless nights. I didn't know what had happened to my body.

I reached the school and plucked out my earpieces. An arm landed on my shoulders. I turned and looked. It was Daesung sunbae.

"Hey sunbae." I greeted as I kept my phone in my pocket.

"Hey." He replied with a bright smile on his face.

I grew closer to him ever since he knew I'm dating with JR. Whenever NU'EST are dealing with some bullies, he would be accompanying me.

"Where's your guy?" He asked as he looked around.

"Dealing with some bullies. Somewhere in this school." I answered, feeling kind of sad.

"Happy Valentines'!" He wished as he gave me a box of chocolates.

"Thanks.Happy Valentines' to you too." I said as I accepted the gift and popped a small muffin-in-a-pouch  to him.

"I made it so you better eat it." I added as I placed it on his palm.

"Thank you dongsae." He smiled as he holds on to it.

I learnt all my cooking skills from BaekHo. He's really a good cook.

"So, when you will call me oppa?" Daesung sunbae asked as he linked his arm with mine.

"Never!" I exclaimed as I stick my tongue out.

-After School-

I walked out with Daesung, asking him how the muffin tasted. I haven't seen NU'EST the whole day though.

"It's nice. Really." He replied as he pinched my cheek.

All this intimate behaviour is just like brother and sister.

"Jjinja? Cheongmal? You sure?" I asked.

"Jjinja!" He whined.

"Okay." I replied cheerfully as I linked my arm with his and exited the school.

Walking past the girls with envy eyes and death-piercing sights was so common. But none of them dares to approached. Maybe it's because of the previous news of me bashing up those bullies? I smirked at the thought.

"What's with that smirk?" Daesung sunbae asked.

"Nothing~" I answered as I skipped a bit.

"Now, where's that boyfriend of yours? Didn't he gave you any gifts?" He asked.

"I don't know." I answered, with disappointment.

Silence fell upon between us. My head starts to spin when we stepped out of school. I didn't tell Daesung sunbae.

"I'll accompany you home then." He offered.

Before I could put down his offer, the headache came. It felt like thousands of pins pricked into my head and I felt breathless.

"Arghhh..." I shouted as I bend down and hold my head.

"Gwenchana? Are you okay?" Daesung sunbae got worried.

"I...I-"

I fainted before I could say anything esle.

-Ren's POV-

JR had planned a suprise for Song Ji and he asked me to fetch her from school. I smile as I skipped happily to the school entrance.

Then I saw Daesung sunbae bending down and talking to a girl. The girl suddenly fell on the floor and I recognised her face immediately.

"Song Ji!" I screamed as I ran to her.

Daesung sunbae carried her up and looked at me anxiously.

"Hospital! Cab! Quick!"

Although he didn't formed his sentence properly, I understood what he meant.

Song Ji was sent to the hospital in a cab. I paced up and down impatiently as I waited outside the ward. Sunbae was so calm as he sat down on the seat and waited.

Finally, the doctor came out. She asked for Song Ji's guardian or parents. Sunbae lied to her that he was Song Ji's guardian. Apparently, he had a jacket on top of his uniform so the doctor could not see the school's logo and conclude that he's her guardian.

"I'm her brother." I added in.

Daesung sunbae gave me a why-you-copy-me look. I shrugged and followed the doctor to a corner.

"Please be mentally prepared. I did a scan on her and realised that there's a tumour in her brain. The tumour is quite big so it means that it has been in her brain for quite a while. You'll need to prepare her for an operation to remove it ASAP or her life will be in danger. " The doctor explained.

"You may go in and see her now. She's awake." The doctor added as she jotted some notes on her paper.

"Thanks doc." I said as I rushed in.

I looked at Song Ji. My eyes became watery. I grabbed her hands and looked at her. Although it like a short while, she've became my sister.

"Ren?!" She exclaimed suddenly.

"Song Ji..." My voice trailed off.

"You knew huh?" She eyed me and Daesung sunbae.

Both of us nodded our head.

"Same.. I knew it a while ago." She said as she turned and faced me.

"Ren... Oppa." She called.

"Daesung Oppa..." She faced Daesung sunbae.

"What's with the sudden call?" I asked, wiping off my tears that came out.

"Cause... I might die soon." She answered, tears accumulating in her eyes.

"No! You won't!" Daesung sunbae exclaimed as he approached the side of her bed.

I can see tears in his eyes too. No wonder he stood so far away.

"Can I asked you two for a favour?" Song Ji asked with a weak smile.

I looked at Daesung sunbae and both of us nodded out heads.

"Please... Don't tell JR about my illness. Just... Keep this secret to yourselves." She said as she looked at us.

"If not I'll haunt you when I die." She added.

"You won't die!" I said with a firm tone.

"See my luck." She answered.

"I need to call my guardians. Can you lend me your phone?" Song Ji stretched her hands out to me.

I placed my phone on her palm and she make the call.

I turned away as tears fall down.

'Song Ji won't die! Song Ji won't die!' I shouted in my mind.

-End of Ren's POV-