Father?

Lunor

 

“They’re doing very well, sir. Unlike all of the other rebels who tried to sneak into the palace and take you down,” says a silver haired man.

“Haha, they made it far but won’t make it to the top,” replies a bearded man.

“Ah, look at that one. Judging from the outline of her body, that’s a female. She’s sure got some power. She just took down three guards by herself.”

             The other man looks at the screen projecting the view of the security cameras. He looks at the female, acknowledging her strength. Then, he sees a glint of yellow flash on the screen as the light hits something positioned on her chest. He takes a closer look at it and his eyes widen.

             “Pause the video! Close up to that thing that’s on her chest.” He sighs a breath of relief and says, “Her. No matter what, you have to get her to me. We must capture her.”

“But your highness, she is a rebel. She shouldn’t be anywhere near you.”

“No! You listen to my orders and my orders only! You must get that girl for me, now!” he says, slamming his fist on the arm rest of his chair.

“Yes, your highness.”

I’ve been wanting to see you for long time. 

 

 


 

             A few minutes later, _____ wakes up with her arms and legs chained to a wall. She had no idea where she was. She looked up from her fixed gaze on the ground and saw luxurious furniture everywhere.

I wonder what kind of Barillian official this room belongs to. Ah, . She felt the right side of her head throbbing. Man that kick hurt like hell.

            She hears a swishing noise come from the side of the room and looks at the door. In walks the Barillian Emperor, Clovis, with alarmingly no guards with him.

Is this guy crazy? What is he doing here alone?

“Hello, _____. How have you been? I haven’t seen you in a very long time. I’ve missed you,” Emperor Clovis says to her.

“What are you talking about? How do you know my name?” she says, a confused look on her face.

“Ah, right. You remember nothing of your life when you were with me. I guess I should explain, eh?”

“Yes, please because I have no idea why you think I know you!”

“Well, I know that you’ve learned about your Lunor ability.”

“Lunor, what?”

“The power you use to control people.”

That’s what it’s called?

“How did I get this power? How do I know you?”

“This may be a shock to you but, I am your father.”

 


 

“Where’s _____!” BoA yells.

“What?! You mean she isn’t here! I could’ve sworn I saw her leaving with us,” Kai answers.

“Apparently not because she isn’t here now. It’s no matter to us. We need to get out of here now. She can make it back on her own.”

             “No way! We can’t just leave her here alone! What if something happens to her!? After she helped us come this far, there’s no way!” he yells back at BoA.

Skylar’s hand creeps slowly around Kai’s arm and Skylar. “Kai, it’s okay. She can make it out on her own.”

             “No. I would’ve thought at least you would understand but it seems you don’t. You guys can leave but I’m going back for her.” Kai runs back toward the palace in search for _____ leaving Skylar dumbfounded and feeling hurt that he would leave her at a time like this.