Sh*t

Lunor

 

            In about an hour, all of the AV pilots in Phoenix Risers had landed on the island. They had landed in a hidden spot in the island that for some reason, the guards of the palace didn’t even know of. It was surrounded by forests, mountains and a clear river.

            _____ hopped out of her AV and walked to a tree that was by the river bank. She sat down and rested a bit trying to forget what she had found out.

            “Hey, what’s wrong?” she hears Kai’s voice say.

            “Ah, nothing, nothing. Just a bit tired from waking up early and the long trip,” she said trying to hide the sadness in her voice. She was still wearing her helmet so she could hide her emotions but she could see the worry on Kai’s face. “Really, I’m fine,” she tries to say with happiness in her tone.

            Kai shrugs, “Alright,” and walks away.

            _____ lets out a heavy sigh and closes her eyes. She then hears BoA’s voice telling everyone to gather around.

            “Alrighty, from here on out, we’ll be traveling on foot. Be sure to not be heard. We’ve all learned the techniques for soft footsteps. Even one small noise can cause us to be caught. So don’t screw up, got it!?” BoA orders them.

            ‘Yes, ma’am,” they all yell in unison.

            “Now let’s move out!”

            After the order is given, _____ and the other 200 or so fighters take off into the woods, towards the palace.

            ______ went at the fastest speed she could, dodging trees and all. Running at the speed of a cheetah. The training she had gotten totally paid off. It was just a short time before she would reach the palace. 

 


 

            _____ ran as fast as she could then jumped up onto a tree branch, unseen by the four men guarding a side entrance to the palace that would lead to the basement. She swung herself off of the branch. The men watched the sky as they saw a black figure fly ahead. She had landed behind them. She was back to back with one of the men. She spun around with her leg in the air, giving the man a skull cracking round house kick to the side of the head. At that time, Kai and two other fighters came and attacked the other men that were standing ready to shoot her with their guns. After they had disposed of those men, fifty other fighters came out of the shadows of the woods. The others having split up, heading to the other entrances.

            _____ grabbed the passcode card from inside one of the men’s jackets and slid it into the slot. The door beeped and swung open for them to enter. _____, Kai and two other fighters jumped to the ceiling, using the pipelines to climb throughout the building without being noticed. The others took off in various directions, taking down any soldiers or guards they encountered.

            When they saw an elevator, they climbed down, used the card they had from before to access it. Before they had all entered, Kai walked into the lift, and smashed the security camera that was positioned in the top right back corner. They all boarded and Kai pressed the lowest number possible for the elevator, which was -12.

            It didn’t take long for them to reach the bottom floor. But they knew that wasn’t actually the bottom floor. They would have to descend ten more flights of stairs to reach where the prisoners were held.

            The closer they got to the bottom, the more _____ could hear the voices of Chanyeol and Kai’s conversation. It was haunting her. Should she really save Skylar? Was her happiness more important than the happiness of the person she loved? She didn’t know.

            They flew into the stair way and _____ had hopped off the rail into the middle opening of the stairs, falling to the lowest floor. She landed flat on her feet not making a sound. Kai and the others soon followed her. She put her ear to the door that lead to the hallway, searching for any type of movement. She looked at the others and nodded, telling them that the coast was clear.

            _____ slowly opened the door and again jumped up to the ceiling. They went to the right and took a left to a corridor that had six men guarding the door. Obviously, it was where the prisoners were kept.

            _____ climbed right above the man standing directly in front of the door. She nodded to Kai and the others, saying it was time. She then quickly hung from her hands, sitting on the man’s shoulders, flipped her body forward causing the man’s to also do a flip but landing on his back while she was on her feet. She jabbed him in the neck with a straight hand causing him to go limp. She then got up quickly, jumped into the air kicking both feet, hitting two other men in the face, the other three men being taken care of by Kai and the fighters.

            “Why are we even here? She can take care of all these guys by herself,” said one of the fighters.

            “If I was alone, I would be tired as hell,” she replies back laughing.

This whole journey, she avoided Kai’s eyes, knowing that if she looked, she would fall back into her depression and lose all of her focus.

            “This one needs a finger print,” _____ tells them. “Hey, you,” She grabs one of the fallen guards collar and asks him, “Open the door for me.”

            “Who the do you think you are, little girl? There’s no way in hell I’ll open that door for you. In fact, the special Barillian forces should be on their way right about now, coming for you,” he spits back at her.

            _____’s eyes start to turn into a light shade of blue. “Open that damn door for me!”

            The guard’s eyes glaze over and he says, “Yes, your highness.” With the little strength he has left in his body, he gets up, walks over to the bank like vault door and presses his thumb to the pad beside the door. It swings open and they rush inside. For miles, it seemed, was a line of jail cells. Instead of steel bars like ______ had imagined, it was glass. Each of them filled with a person.

            Kai flicks his finger on the glass. “It’s bullet proof.”

            _____ turns to the guard again. “Open them. All of them. And do it quickly.” Although each cell had its own individual lock, there was a larger control panel that the guard went to that would unlock every cell at the same time.

           As the guard was unlocking the cells, Kai walked down the long corridor, looking into each room. Then he stopped. He walked towards the glass and placed a flat palm to it. From _____’s view, she could see a gentle hand reach to also put their palm to the glass, but not the face of its owner. She walked forward a bit to see the face.

          She saw a gentle looking face, free from imperfections. Short jet black hair and green eyes.

          So, that’s Skylar. She’s beautiful. I can’t stay mad at a person with a face like that. Kai really has some great taste.

          She lightly shakes her head and walks closer to Kai and Skylar. “Hi. My name is _____. We’re here to get you out of this place,” she says gently.

          “Thank you,” says a soft voice.

          God. How could I even compare to that?

          A click sounds and the glass doors smoothly slide open to release the prisoners. People start shuffling out of their cells and into the wide corridor. Skylar jumps on Kai and gives him a hug.

         “Alright, everyone! We are here to help you! Now listen to my orders carefully. You will do everything as my partners and I say to get out of this place as quickly as possible without having to deal with many Special Forces. If any of you are trained in fighting, it would be great if you could help defend this large group we have. Everyone got it!? Great! Now let’s head out!” Kai orders. Kai heads the front of the group; the other PR fighters with them take the sides while _____ takes the back.

        Clink.

        Ah, my necklace. _____ leans down to the floor and picks up her medallion. She stands up and turns around to see that the group had already left and was far ahead of her. She runs to catch up to them when she is suddenly blind-sided by a kick to the head. Her helmet flies off and she lands on the floor hard. She looks to the direction of the exit to find that the group was already gone without a trace.

      .