The Mysterious Man

Finding Unexpected Love

       Why? Why would Lee Min Ho be on a neighborhood street? It makes no sense..... I shake my head to clear the thought.

I look in my closet and realize, I have no idea what to wear... I open my laptop and start typing an email for Mi Nyu. What should I wear for the concert? I send the message then flop down on my blue queen sized bed. I let out a long sigh because now I am stressed out over what to wear and Lee Min Ho.

I get an email so I hop up to check it. I smile as I notice it's from Kang Woo. 

       Kang Woo is a boy I have known since I was very little. He is tall, has a sweet smile and is always nice to me. He has never had anything mean to say or do. He is like my best friend that is a guy. More like my brother. It feels weird to say he is attractive, but it's true. What I don't understand is why he always rejects the most popular girls in school. He is a popular guy because of his looks and witty personality, yet he rejects every single one. 

       I don't really feel like looking at his message because it's normally just a "How are you?" or a "What are you doing?". I look at the clock and realize it's already about time to leave, so I dig through my closet and put on a pair of jean shorts and the SHINee T-shirt Mi Nyu left at our last sleep over. I open the door to see my mom with her hands behind her back. 

" What's up mom?" I ask curiously. She reveals a small wrapped box about the size of a deck of cards. I take it from her somewhat confused, then I read the small tag on the box: Happy Birthday you! :)

I completely forgot, today is my birthday. I unwrap, then open the box, to see a new cell phone. It's already charged and it has all my old contacts. I give my mom a tight squeeze."Thanks mom!" A beeping noise interrupts our hug then I practically fly down the stairs to Mi Nyu's truck.

"Mi Nyu! look! I have a new phone! I got it for my birthday!" I say with excitement.

"Oh today's your birthday? I had no Idea!" Mi Nyu says sarcastically.

"Happy Birthday you," a deep voice behind me murmurs from the back seat. I whip my head around and see Kang Woo. I smile and reach over the seat to hug him. He mumbles something inaudible as I let go of him.

As I sit back in my seat, I give Mi Nyu a 'GAJA!' look and she squeals while the truck zooms off.

When we arrive at the concert, it's nothing I didn't expect.

The seating area is packed with SHINee fans and the mosh pit is worse. Thousands of people still coming, and we are a mere 3 of them. I head towards the seating area when Mi Nyu grabs my hand.

"We don't need to go over there," she slips something over my head and around my neck. "We are V.I.P." She and Kang Woo pull me along to the V.I.P. seating area. We are practically right in front of the stage.

Kang Woo leaves to go to the bathroom and Mi Nyu wanted something to eat so I sit patiently and nervously alone in my V.I.P. seat.

I start digging through my purse to take out my phone, but to my suprise it's not in there. I quickly get up and walk toward the exit from the V.I.P. section while still checking for my phone. All of the sudden, I trip on a cord and I fall fowards. I close my eyes to get ready for impact but instead I ended up right on top of something soft yet hard. I open my eyes to see what it is, only to realize that there was a face directly below mine. 

My body is frozen, as I examine the face I realize something familliar about it. Then I think back to where I saw these eyes today...... My eyes open wide as i realize who it is. I am on top, and face to face with the one and only, Lee Min Ho.