Chapter 2

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, Jiyong received an email from the matchmaking agency.

 

Dear client, we have received your questions. All will be answered within this email;

1.       How long will it be ‘till I get my partner?
- You will get your partner over a period of one month.

2.      Is there a warranty from the agency?

-       We guarantee that we will provide you as much service as we need, until you are satisfied with our work.

3.       What will I need to participate in this?

-       You simply bring your complete profile to our office, and sign up for the contract.

Thank you for taking your time to contact us, we hope to see you soon!

- Flower Seungri

 

  

Jiyong read the email with a content smile. He was happy with the warranty, it makes him feel like he’s doing things right. His interest in the agency just increased even more, and he was determined to get his partner.

But, what’s been bugging his mind lately is the man that he met yesterday by accident at the phone booth; the beautifully angelic face was hard to forget.

Not to mention that he’s been keeping the handkerchief that the man had left behind yesterday, though he still hadn’t figured out what the 3 letters on the handkerchief meant.

Often, Jiyong would visit the phone booth. He thinks, that the mysterious man might come back to retrieve his forgotten handkerchief, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. Jiyong had always brought the handkerchief with him wherever he went, after washing it from its dirty state.
Tonight… Can I see him again?

Once Jiyong’s shift ended, he reached for his phone in his pocket, and dialled in a familiar number.
“TOP, it’s me, Jiyong. Are you free tonight?”

“Why? You want to see me?” The latter seemed distracted and slightly annoyed by the phone call.

“I’ll sign up for the matchmaking agency you told me about. I’d filled in all the data for my profile, but I just wanted to tell you since you’re the expert of this whole thing,” The other explained.

“Uh… Okay. Are you really signing up? Finally! I knew you’d give in someday. I’m glad that you’re doing this, but this is so unlike you. What made you change your mind? Why, do you like someone?” TOP’s tone was teasing, but he was still shocked by his friend’s decision.

“I’ll tell you later. Where do you want to meet?” Jiyong got straight to the point, ignoring the teasing he got from the other.

“Um… I’m still with Daesung. How about we meet in the café close to your workplace?” The blue haired man muttered, lowering the tone in his voice as to not disturb his lover next to him.

“Okay, I understand. We’ll meet there,” Jiyong stated as he hung up the phone call.

Jiyong was still upset. There wasn’t even one day that his best friend wasn’t with Daesung. They were practically glued to each other, inseparable.

But he tried making himself feel better; I’ll probably be like that one day when I meet the one I love.
Jiyong brought the document with his profile data; He wrote them specifically, not missing a single detail. He kept the document in his sling bag, it was just a few moments away until he’d meet TOP and show him his well-written profile.

On his way to the meeting with TOP, he stumbled upon the same phone booth again. He wanted to make sure if the owner of the handkerchief was in there or not, so he walked over the phone booth and took a little peek inside.
To his disappointment, the person he was searching for wasn’t in sight.

Jiyong had been waiting inside the cafe for a certain blue haired man to come.
Once again, TOP was late. He was getting irritated at his friend’s irresponsibility, but he had to cope with it since TOP was his only close friend.

All this waiting got him thirsty, alas he went over to the ordering counter and ordered a nice, hot creamy coffee. He turned around quickly, -maybe it was just his unlucky day-, and spilled the coffee he ordered onto the person behind him.

“Ah ah, hot!” the smaller man desperately yelped, stumbling away from Jiyong.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry!” The hazel-eyed man was surprised, but was more surprised as he recognized the person whom he spilled his coffee onto. It was the same, beautiful guy from the phone booth.

This time, the person in front of him wore a grey suit with a blue striped shirt inside. The man in front of him quickly tried to wipe away the remains of the scalding hot coffee, which was burning his skin painfully.

This is not what Jiyong was expecting; how ironic was it that he’ll meet the same person through the same accident?

The mark Jiyong had left from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter