Chapter 5

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong ignored all phone calls, even text messages from Taeyang. He felt disappointed and discouraged after seeing the man that had stolen his heart romancing with another woman. He felt so depressed, that his interest for the matchmaking agency had dissipated. Some days, he busied himself by working past his shift time every night, to heal his broken heart.

TOP was even more surprised after seeing his friend’s condition. What’s even weirder is that Jiyong didn’t call or invite him to meet like he always does. Was Jiyong too caught up with the matchmaking program? Why didn’t he tell me anything about it?

The blue-haired man was curious about Jiyong’s experience at the matchmaking agency; so then he decided to cancel tonight’s date with Daesung and instead, go see Jiyong. He felt that he hasn’t been very supportive of his best friend lately (Well, because he’s really that busy with Daesung) and so he wanted to surprise Jiyong by not telling him that he’s visiting.

TOP constantly visited Jiyong (Before he met Daesung, of course) that it was easy to get in because the security guards recognized him. He walked to Jiyong’s cubicle quietly, the last thing he wanted to do was to disturb any of the late-night workers. He spotted one person busily working on some papers, Jiyong. The brown-haired man sat on the table, with a bright desk lamp in front of him. Jiyong wasn’t called ‘workaholic’ for nothing. He walked stealthily to the busy man, careful to not make any noise.

He slowly approached the other until he was only a foot apart. “Bah!”

Jiyong nearly slapped the latter by reflex, shocked by the other’s deep, booming voice. TOP dodged Jiyong’s hand before it landed on his cheek, he was used to Jiyong’s reflexes by now. The other his chest repeatedly and took a few deep breaths, sighing to himself.

“ing jerk. Why do you always do that? Don’t you get bored of it?” Jiyong leaned back into his black office chair and closed his eyes, massaging his temples.

“I was just kidding, my friend. Your shift is over, why are you still here? Let’s go home and eat dinner,” TOP smiled and patted Jiyong’s shoulder roughly, but soothingly in a way.

 “Why are you even here? Don’t you have another date with your boyfriend? Aren’t I just an old friend that you don’t care about anymore?” Jiyong muttered in a sulky tone as he tidied his desk.

"Well, today I’d like to have dinner together with you. I’ve cancelled my date with Daesung. I wouldn’t forget about you, Jiyong! We’ve been best friends since forever! Don’t you feel that way too?” the other still stood and waited as Jiyong tidied his desk.

“I don’t feel like arguing with you today… I’m really tired,” Jiyong stretched his arms upwards and yawned, not covering his open mouth.

“Well, then let’s go and have some fun!” The older man embraced the other, and Jiyong didn’t disagree on going to have some fun. He really needed a break. 
They walked out of Jiyong’s workplace as Jiyong hailed a cab.

This time, TOP had invited his best friend to eat at one of Daesung’s favorite restaurants. “It’s really cozy, and the food’s really good too!”

When they arrived, Jiyong looked around the restaurant and noticed that it wasn’t crowded… It was nearly empty. He figured the dinner hours had passed so not many customers were left, which is in fact, a very good thing for him. They sat at a table in the right corner of the restaurant as they ordered their food.

TOP still hasn’t asked Jiyong about the matchmaking agency, not when Jiyong is in a mood like this.

“Hey, Jiyong… Did you find him?” The blue-haired man wiped his mouth with a tissue nervously.

Jiyong paused in the middle of eating his food as he heard TOP’s question, the reason for his broken heart. He was silent for a moment, still not eating his food and that made the other a bit irritated.

 “I found him.” He answered the other with a short, simple, answer. He was afraid that if he talked too much, he’d have a mental breakdown.

“…Congratulations, then. What’s his name? Aren’t you going to introduce him to me?” The older of the two excitedly asked. He himself couldn’t wait to meet Jiyong’s dream man, someone Jiyong would actually be in a relationship with (Because, you know, Jiyong’s not the type of person to be in a relationship).

Jiyong blushed; he didn’t really feel like telling his best friend about the boy that he constantly drooled over. He also didn’t want to say that this same boy, already had another woman. That’d just hurt his pride.

He had never lied to his best friend before, but if he said the truth, TOP will for another lifetime. His best friend patiently waited for an answer as he stubbornly avoided eye contact by looking left and right. The brown-eyed man noticed this, and thought his best friend’s behavior was very strange.

“Jiyong, are you lying to me?” TOP supported his chin with his palms, looking at Jiyong with a serious gaze.

Jiyong was never good at lying. Just a glance at TOP’s gaze, and he instantly looked back down towards the table. Aish… This is so embarrassing!

“I’m… I’m not lying. Seriously, I found that man that I told you about before… But I just don’t know his name yet.” Jiyong stuttered, which made TOP even more suspicious.

“So you saw the same man but you still don’t know his name? That’s bull, Jiyong. Tell me what happened in the matchmaking agency? We pay them to make our relationships easier, not harder.”  The blue-haired man confidently leaned back onto his chair, swirling his drink.

To hear the name of the matchmaking agency again, his anger couldn’t be controlled.
“Don’t you ing dare mention that matchmaking bull to me again. Don’t make me angry, TOP. I don’t want to be angry at you, but I never want to hear that name again.” Jiyong snapped.

The older was surprised at the other’s outburst. “Why aren’t you happy? And why are you angry at me? Didn’t you already sign up for the matchmaking program? They were supposed to find that man that you like so much, am I right?”
 
“Um yeah, about that… Listen, I’ve realized that I had made a mistake by signing up for the matchma-… I mean, the program where I find my dream man. You know what I’m talking about… I shouldn’t listen to your advice! You’ve made me suffer, I was so much better before you made me sign up…” Jiyong sighed and fiddled with the brown handkerchief in his hand.

TOP didn’t understand what Jiyong was trying to say. Well he did, but not completely.

Jiyong told his best friend what happened to him 2 weeks ago, each and every detail unmissed. He didn’t care anymore if the older would laugh at him (even for a lifetime); he just needed to tell someone about it. The latter gave his full attention to Jiyong, listening carefully.

“I must say, I’m quite disappointed,” The blue-haired man sighed. “What about the contract that you signed? Don’t tell me you’ve given up so much money for nothing?” He felt upset; it really was a waste of money!

“Well… Taeyang calls and messages me every now and then, but I ignore it anyways. I signed up because I wanted them to find that guy that I really like, but what’s the point of doing that when he already has a partner? It’ll be better for me to go back and continue life like before. I’m not interested anymore to be in a relationship,” The hazel-eyed man frowned, placing the brown handkerchief on the table.

“Did you take the expensive package? Didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter