Chapter 8

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi my lovely readers... We're back. Many thanks to dragonfly willing to take over the story as coauthor.

I hope my readers will understand my issue as the story will have some sort of changes because every coauthors had the style of writing, right?

Please show your support to us ^^ Happy reading guys...

Long chapter so prepare your time before you read. Its more than 4000 words so make sure you have the time.

The story almost reach the main plot so make sure you leave your comments and subscribers.

Ps: Thanks a lot for staying with me till the end of story (if you still with me), bye see you guys soon. 

 

 

 

Jiyong pressed the doorbell furiously, repeatedly, even though he could barely feel his hands that had become numb in the cold weather. He worried that his face would be set into a permanent scowl at this rate. But then, he sighed, hot tears close to the surface and a lump in his throat. Most frustrating of all his brain couldn’t stop replaying that very scene that made his chest hurt every time he saw it. 

Pathetic was the word that best suited his condition at the moment.
 

He turned around and raised his hand again, banging on the door now. Jiyong stopped and leant back on the door, staring into the rain and hating everything and everyone, especially TOP right now.

The door opened slightly just as Jiyong put all his weight back; everything was quite literally swept away from him for a moment, including his breath. He stared up at his best friend, content to lie there for a moment in an unglamorous heap on the floor, but he doesn’t want to be pitied. He stood up quickly, too quickly. He sees hope there somewhere in the middle of the black mist that covered his eyes. He didn’t want to be alone tonight and he wanted TOP just to shut the rest of the world away already.

 

Too bad that TOP already had other plans and instead pushed him back out, holding the door back in between them as soon as Jiyong had recovered. TOP could not believe that it was Jiyong, although, in the back of his mind, after the 5th series of characteristic knocks he had an uncomfortable feeling it might have been him. He knew that Jiyong knew him too well too, knowing that he would open the door eventually.  He had been putting it off until he couldn’t hold it off any longer. The insistent knocking pierced his tranquil self and played on his every nerve. He simply did not want anyone to visit his house tonight and had walked on tenterhooks, with the white towel wrapped around his waist, worried about giving away his presence and hoping against all hope the knocking would stop. He stood there now, with the door in between him and his best friend fighting the urge to shut the door and lock it.
 
"Just let me in! As if I didn’t see you, you doofus.’

 

"Jiyong... You... Please, not now. Not tonight" TOP pushed the door as strong as he could but Jiyong’s will and embarrassment was stronger.
 
"What? Oh really... Do I have to pick a day when I want to visit your house? Since when?’ Jiyong pushed the door harder and TOP leant back for with all his strength wondering where this feisty ball of fire got his strength from in his thin, seemingly fragile frame.


"I am so sorry Jiyong. Just… Not tonight.’ He gave a hesitant pause, unsure of what to say next.

“I will definitely call you tomorrow, okay!" TOP’s towel almost fell from his waist because of the struggle and he flipped around using his back to push against the door. 
 
Jiyong spotted the corner of a white fabric slip through the gap of the door. Although he was not physically stronger than TOP he took his opportunity grabbing the towels corner with all his might so that his knuckles turned white. With one pull he had the towel in his hand and TOP screaming aloud on the other side of the door.

 

With all the commotion they attracted someone else’s attention, and thank goodness it was not the overly nosey neighbours. It was someone inside the door and with his help; TOP was saved the indignity of revealing everything to the neighbourhood. Jiyong released the towel upon realization and the door snapped shut. Jiyong heard the TOP speaking with him animatedly as he was shut out once again.
 
Jiyong walked backward, stumbling back into the middle of the night, where he belonged. 
The door opened soon after he had made his decision. He is greeted by Daesung… in green pyjamas and a face plastered with a pink mask that has by now, cracked all over his face. He could not for the life of him decipher the expression that lay behind the mask. If it had been any other time he would have cracked a grin himself if not outright burst out laughing but there was something oddly intimidating about this guy standing in front of him in green pyjamas and a pink face mask, eyeing him up and down, assessing him. Jiyong wanted to give some explanation but every time he opened his mouth he shut it again, frozen by Daesung’s cold stare far more than by the weather.

 

  He looked away in a moment of understanding and blushed with embarrassment.

 

‘So this is why TOP didn’t want me to come over tonight’

 

He felt really bad, ruining his friend’s night. He could see the discontent and anger in his eyes as they made eye contact and Jiyong immediately broke it again. Everything happened in a blur as Daesung took control of the situation.

 

“Put on some proper clothes, jagiya,” he smiled like an angel “So you can speak to Jiyong properly.”

 

Nothing could be denied to that smile. TOP snapped out of glaring at Jiyong but seemed uneasy to leave. Jiyong was unsure whether that was because he was too intent on killing him or afraid that Daesung would embarrass him some more. TOP trusted Daesung to control Jiyong though and resigned himself upstairs, he really did not feel too comfortable at leaving his boyfriend and his best friend together but he was more uncomfortable at the thought of being half in front of them both, lest anything untoward happened. He was nervous at wearing revealing clothing at the best of times.

 

“What’s the worst that could happen?” TOP thought to himself as he raced up the stairs, half-speed walking and half shameless undisguised sprint – towel in tow.

 

Whilst Jiyong stood there, it vaguely flashed across his mind that this was the first time he had been trusted to be left alone in Daesung’s company.

 

More prominent in his mind was the same question his friend, by now safely upstairs, had on his mind. “What’s the worst that could happen?”


Daesung stood like an impenetrable fortress at the front door, maintaining a steady unwavering gaze at his lover’s best fried while he crossed both arms across his chest before he started talking.

 

The hard front all but dissolved as the first words slipped past his lips and his eyes struggled against the mask to crease into small crescents.


"First, I am sorry for TOP behaviour just now but I can’t speak properly now because of my face mask. Please! Come in!” Daesung’s pink mask on his face was really damaged even as he tried to speak softly to Jiyong. 
 
Jiyong felt guiltier than before and almost wished that Daesung would be uncharacteristically angry for once. Jiyong screwed his face together using the shadows as covers for his furiously blushing self. He flitted between going all in and stepping through or fleeing back into the night.

 

He went all in, ditching his own thoughts of being guilty and sending a blessing on whatever angel in human form was standing in front of him. Jiyong went all in, he hadn’t thought of anyone but himself before knocking tonight and he gripped his hands tight hoping he only had to be selfish for a little while longer. He felt a frown tug at his lips as he remembered when the door had always been open for him, no matter what time of night, just as his had for TOP. “Love changes everything,” but he felt happy, that his friend had found someone that was so understanding and wished that they would continue to be so overwhelmingly happy.

 

“I never thought about their relationship… and how far it’s progressed.”  He smiled in remembrance of those entire little tell-tale signs from when they had first began dating to the final day when his doofus of a friend and introduced them, thinking it was a surprise.

 

“Silly me… of course this is what lovers do right?’ he thought a little sadly of how he himself was excluded from things like this. ‘Why am I here? What can I expect from TOP tonight? A warm welcome like the past?... Look at me now, a fool in front of my best friend and his lover.’

 

He felt suddenly worse after stepping into their home, hating himself that little bit more. He felt like he was spreading his own misery and he sighed deeply for the second time that night; trying to hide all his worries and the tears which had managed to resurface. Jiyong doesn’t meet Daesung’s eyes as he halted in his step, halfway through the door.

 

Suddenly, Daesung’s hand pulls Jiyong, dragging him into the house and into the warmth, leaving no time for second thoughts and hating himself. He’s too pathetic even to put up any resistance and follows him, keeping silent, only partly because of shock as he is manhandled into the living room – too ashamed and embarrassed, his eyes wide open.


“TOP should be mad at me!”

 

Daesung released his hand soon enough and patiently tells Jiyong to wait for TOP in the living room. 
 
Jiyong thought too hard about too much that he just couldn’t speak and sat there content in silence. 
“Of course TOP doesn’t want me to barge into come into his house when Daesung lives here too” He wished that TOP had been a little more forceful in pushing him away.

  
“What the hell... What will Daesung’s opinion be about me as TOP best friend? Damn, I'm so stupid... I should apologize and beg for mercy from TOP.”
 

He had his head in his hands now and looked up at the wonderfully coloured cobalt blue curtains, taking in for the first time the changes that had overcome the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter