Chapter 3

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sadly, Jiyong doesn’t have the time to go to the love agency with all the unfinished work that he has to deal with. He had to give the boss a new shoe design in a few days!

During his work, he kept remembering the embarrassing incident he had experienced with a devilishly cute man a few moments ago. It got to the extent that every time someone offers to give him some coffee, he would refuse, even though that there is a pretty big chance that the man wouldn’t come to his work place.

But even with the humiliating events taking place, he didn’t forget to visit the phone booth every other night, and often the café where they had met for the second time. According to Jiyong, the possibility to meet with the man again was slim. His blue-haired best friend was busy with his boyfriend, increasing Jiyong’s loneliness.

The next day, Jiyong woke up with a new and reassuring kind of hope. He had the weekend off from his shoe-making company, and so then he decided to finally go to the matchmaking agency.

He was sure that the matchmaking agency was open for the weekend. He even had called them to make an appointment!
 
He searched for an appropriate outfit to wear, to get a good first impression from the matchmaking agency, unlike the man he met before. He took out some clothes that he rarely wears, but wore it anyway for the sake of looking good. Jiyong doesn’t like wearing suits because he felt much more comfortable wearing casual clothing. He wore a gray suit with a beige shirt, combined with some stunning white pants. Do I have to wear a tie? Searching for a tie that matched his outfit, he finally found one after a few minutes of frantic searching. After looking at it carefully, he believed that it matched his outfit well. The tie was pink, completed with some white horizontal lines crisscrossing it.

Now, he searched for some shoes to wear. The row of shoes had adorned Jiyong’s shoe rack, making it a lot brighter with it’s different colors. Of course, the reason why he had so many shoes is because he was a shoe designer himself! Most of the shoes that decorated the shoe-rack are his own designs. He found some gray loafers and thought that it’d match his gray suit well. He took the said shoes from the rack and placed them with the clothes that he readied on the bed. It’s time to shower.

After he had cleaned his body with scented soap, he didn’t forget to shave his spiky mustache to make him look more appealing. He’s never done this before, because he prefers being all natural. He’s never focused so much on his appearance before, either.  He did all this, for the sake of the matchmaking agency.

Once he was dressed and made sure to spray some Terre D’Hermes perfume onto his body, he looked at himself in the mirror and smiled with satisfaction at his appearance. Is this how it felt to meet someone special? I hope I meet him while looking good as this.

Jiyong was ready; all the things required were with him.
He looked at the table next to him sadly. There, sat the brown handkerchief, which he could never return to the real owner.

Gently, he took the brown handkerchief and kissed it softly, before putting it inside his pocket.  Jiyong had always carried the handkerchief with him; it always had a comforting sense that made Jiyong feel safe. He was so focused in his own thoughts that he almost forgot to bring his own handkerchief with him.

“I hope I’m lucky today”, he said to no one in particular while looking at himself in the mirror, a rarely used black briefcase on his right hand.

The blonde walked out and onto the sunny outside, looking at the phone in his hand. He was trying to remember the address of the agency so he can tell the taxi driver.

After memorizing the address a couple more times, he said it loud and clearly to the taxi driver, before sitting down at the back of the cab and looking at the documents that he had prepared to give the agency. TOP said that his profile was too detailed and it might be hard for the agency for him to find the right partner… But if its not detailed, wouldn’t that be worse?

He kept re-reading the documents, trying his hardest to find the wrongs that he didn’t notice that he arrived at his destination. Quickly, he smoothed back the documents and placed it gently in his bag, careful not to mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter