Chapter 4

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’ll try our best to provide you the service you need, and we hope that you’ll be satisfied with the results given later,” Taeyang elaborated, sitting on the seat opposite Jiyong’s.

“We only require your profile details, and we also have several package options. You can choose the package that suits your needs,” Taeyang fussed around the documents, and gave Jiyong the list of the package options. The first time that Jiyong entered the room, he tried his best to stay calm and listen carefully to his guider. But seeing the paper with the package options, he felt doubts strongly overpowering him.

The woman who was standing at the front lobby had walked into the room, carrying two hot coffees on a tray. She kindly gave the two men a coffee each. Immediately, Jiyong got distracted and he remembered the embarrassing happenings of the past with the man at the phone booth and café.

 “Sir, please have a drink while it’s still hot.” Taeyang smiled and handed Jiyong a glass of scalding hot coffee.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t drink coffee. Do you happen to have any water instead?” Jiyong asked, still traumatized of the past. He refused the coffee offer by waving his right hand side to side, and shook his head whilst moving away from the glass of coffee.

Taeyang looked at the latter quizzically, before making a move to stand up to get Jiyong some fresh water.  Once the other was out, Jiyong clutched at his chest and took a deep breath of relief. Jiyong’s doubts were gone once he remembered the humiliating incident that had happened a few days ago with the man that Jiyong was still in love with.

Although I have to spend a lot of money… I have to find him! Yes… I must spend my money for something worth to be spent on. Jiyong became excited again at his own thoughts of finding the man again, giddy about the fact that he might see him for the third time as he looked at the documents in front of him.

The more expensive the package was, more special options would come with it. But, Jiyong was curious on the most expensive package that his friend TOP had mentioned, just so he can find the man that stole his heart a little bit more quickly.

 He kept skimming through the documents, until he finally found the options for the most expensive package. Jiyong smiled and read every detail of the package. The special package was written on the last page of the documents, and a lot of options caught Jiyong’s eyes.

 • Unlimited time until you find your partner. 
• Service/information is unlimited for your dating needs.
• You will get an educational class on how to date properly, and a personality class for the inexperienced.
• You are free to choose whatever partner you want out of the ones we provide.
• If you are unsatisfied with your partner, your money will be refunded.
• If we are still unable to find a partner, then we will give reparations as our apology. 
• You only need to sign the contract and send the money to our account. 
• You need to rethink your decision well and join us. 
• The contract price is USD $ 12,000 
• Cost of other purposes may change at any time. 

Jiyong gaped at the price of the special package.

He closed his mouth and swallowed in saliva, eyes disbelieving.  He started to think about the amount of money he had saved in his life during work… And now he had to spend a big majority of it? His thoughts were interrupted when Taeyang came in with a fresh-looking glass of water. The latter sat down on the seat in front of Jiyong’s and he smiled at Jiyong politely.

“Have you decided the package you wanted, Sir?” The small-eyed man played with the pen in his hand. Jiyong drank the glass of water that Taeyang gave in one go, throat dry from shock.

Taeyang looked at Jiyong, an eyebrow raised. There is definitely something wrong with this guy… He waits patiently for Jiyong’s decision.

“Yes, I’ve decided to take the special package,” Jiyong showed the paper that indicated his choices.

Taeyang felt uncomfortable; why did this kid have to choose the special one? It wasn’t because he thought Jiyong had no money, but it was because the customers that came rarely chose the special package. Not to mention, the special package would be removed from the list of packages by the beginning of next month, the reason being that it was hardly taken.

“I see. But may I ask, why you are taking this package? We have a wide variety of other packages to choose from! I-I mean, I certainly have nothing against it, but it’s mainly because the special package is hardly taken by any customers. A majority of them prefer package A or B. Plus, this package is only valid until next month. Are you sure that you’re confident with your choices, Sir?” Taeyang hoped that he had convinced Jiyong enough to choose other packages, but he wasn’t certain that he had when he saw the unchanging demeanor he got from the other.

“I have my own personal reasons to choose this package, and I’m certain that I’m choosing this package. Do I have to pay with cash or with my credit card?” Jiyong replied, a serious expression planted on his face.

The other felt confused, what was he supposed to do now? He had to follow the customer’s order, but he also had to follow the boss’s rules, because he was sure that the boss wouldn’t approve of a customer picking a package that will be invalid by next month.  He had to discuss with his boss.

He told Jiyong to wait in the room, as he took Jiyong’s profile documents and walked stoically out the door.

Meanwhile, Taeyang had walked into another room, carrying two sheets of paper; One with the list of packages on, and the other was Jiyong’s profile documents. He knocked on the door before entering when he heard a faint voice telling him to come in.

Taeyang looked at his boss with a worried expression on his face as he sat down on the mahogany chair opposite his boss’. His boss felt that there was something wrong because of the weird aura that Taeyang had brought with him. Usually, Taeyang always seemed happy and cheerful, but today was an exception when he wore a worried frown.

“Um, Boss? I have bad news. We have a customer waiting in the waiting room, and he chose the special package. Do you approve?” Taeyang muttered seriously, as he handed his boss the sheet with the package optio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter