Chapter 7

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong,” Taeyang watched with sad eyes as Jiyong continued to cry helplessly in the teaching room, his face wrinkled unpleasantly. “You should go home. Don’t you have work tomorrow morning?”

“Oh!” Jiyong wipes his eyes furiously before standing up, “Right. Will Mr. Seungri be okay?” his voice cracked and trembled, pictures of Seungri’s unconscious face flashing in his mind. It left him absolutely traumatized.

“Don’t worry too much, Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Of course he’ll be fine, he just passed out of shock, nothing severe. You should go home first, and I’ll notify you of your next activity. Miss Ong, please bring Mr. Kwon to the front door,” Taeyang called the lobby employee, faking a smile to reassure his trouble-making customer. But in truth, he was entirely upset with the incident that took place tonight.

“Wait!” Jiyong uttered suddenly, “Wait, Mr. Taeyang. I still have time… I need to apologize to Mr. Seungri and once I see him, I’ll go home.” He looked down at his feet shyly, still worried that the stupid incident that he had caused to the man today might’ve killed him.

“Please, Mr. Kwon,” Taeyang stated firmly, “I hope you cooperate with me, even if it’s temporary. The incident that had taken place tonight had already damaged our scheduled activities that should’ve been completed tonight, so please listen to me, just this once,” he sighed tiredly, “There’s no point for you to wait here. I really hope you could go home now, and wait for news from us regarding Mr. Lee.”

Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows and frowned, "Fine. I will, but please let me apologize to him, at least. I had no intention of doing any of this at all and I promise not to make any more accidents like this... and, and I’m also sorry for disturbing your work and schedule, I’m really sorry!” he bowed his head towards the latter with deep remorse, ashamed.

“We don’t blame you for this. There’s no need to be so formal, Mr. Kwon. I’ll convey your messages to Mr. Lee after he wakes up later, so please, go home and have a good rest.” Taeyang gestures Miss Ong to accompany Jiyong out of their office, and he hopes that his boss would wake up before the night gets too dark.

 Jiyong looked down towards the floor while he walked throughout the lobby, he knew that out of all the trouble he had caused to the man, tonight was the worst mistake yet. He walked through the office hall with regretful tears threatening to water and spill out, not bothering to talk to the woman accompanying him.

He felt depressed because he couldn’t see and directly apologize to Seungri in his conscious state. He was downright embarrassed, the way he reacted to the man when they had met properly tonight was shameful and cringe worthy. The humiliation was even worse as people saw him crying and clinging onto the unconscious boss. He ruffled his hair hard out of frustration while he continued walking.

! How could anything like that come out from my mouth? This is so not me! Stupid Jiyong, stupid, stupid Jiyong! I’ll probably be the laughing stock from now on, huh? The ‘Drama Queen Jiyong’, the ‘Crybaby Jiyong’, argh!

Once he was out from the matchmaking office, he sat on a chair not too far from the lift, too lost in his own thoughts to continue walking. He sat alone, gripping tightly to Lee Seunghyun’s silky brown handkerchief, the one that had horizontal lines all over it. He the crooked letters with his thumb, the letters ‘LSH’ and he sighed, dejected.

The letters ‘LSH’ was the abbreviated version of Lee Seung Hyun, so the puzzle of the crooked letters and the mystery of the man’s name had been solved, but the impression that he gave to the one he loved was disgraceful and really that bad. He closed his eyes and placed the handkerchief towards his nose, inhaling the addicting scent as he closed his eyes. I miss him already… Can I turn back time? I’m the biggest ing idiot in the world, aren’t I? He cursed himself as he regretted everything that he’s done, the brown handkerchief slipping through his fingers, falling on the floor. Even the brown handkerchief can slip through my fingers, what was I expecting?

Suddenly, the lift door opens and a young woman dressed in white walked out of the lift door hastily towards the direction of the matchmaking agency office. Jiyong watched her she goes into the office door without looking at him, even though she knew he was staring. Jiyong immediately picked up the brown handkerchief from the floor from instinct, afraid that something bad might happen. Could she be Seungri’s girlfriend? Oh, jeez! She’s the girlfriend; she’s the one that should be worried about him. What am I still doing here? He chose not to wait any longer, in case something horrible might happen to him tonight.

He walked briskly towards the lift, and pressed the ‘down’ button quickly. He wished the lift door would open quicker, to calm the feeling of anxiety inside him. Jiyong did not want to see that woman walking out the matchmaking agency together with Seungri, especially not together, because that’ll just hurt him even more. He had to get out of this building, and fast. The lift door opens a few minutes later and Jiyong walks cautiously inside. Nothing will happen to me… So why can’t I calm the down? Nothing will happen. I’ll survive, I’ll-

“Please hold the door!” the lift door nearly closed before a high voice called out. Jiyong ignored it out of fear, pressing the ‘close’ button rapidly with his index finger to keep the door closed. The thought of being in the same lift with Seungri and his girlfriend did not seem appealing; it’ll make him grieve for the rest of his life! The panic suffocates him as his heart starts beating faster and faster, even though the lift door remained closed. Yet, he still has that tiny feeling of hope deep inside him, of finding love with that man after they meet. Jiyong was nervous for the first time, trying to control his feelings of confusion and love.

Once the lift doors open, Jiyong ran out, as if the air in the lift had been suffocating him alone. He jogged out the building, his mind filled with thoughts about that woman dressed in white. His heart was still pounding as hard as his body was trembling, the cold night air hitting his skin. He took a taxi back to his apartment, sitting down on the ruined seats, sighing helplessly.

The day after the incident took place, Taeyang had called Jiyong to inform him about Seungri’s condition. He had said that Seungri woke up after a few hours and that he had told the brunette everything that Jiyong wanted to say to him. Jiyong was relieved to say at least, it was a good way to start the day. Taeyang had also said that he would tell Jiyong his next schedule for any more class lessons in the matchmaking agency. He was pleased to hear the news and the thought of meeting Seungri again, alone, seemed very exhilarating. He had to apologize to Seungri formally; otherwise he’ll never forgive himself.

 Day after day, Jiyong waited patiently for his next schedule, but it never came. Bad thoughts clouded his mind and he couldn’t stop thinking about them; they made him feel scared and he couldn’t sleep without having nightmares anymore. Why didn’t Taeyang call? Or maybe they want to stop the contract because of what I’ve done? … I need to see Seungri!

Jiyong’s job as a shoe designer required good concentration and motivation, which he used to have, until the incident happened. His lack of sleep made him look like a zombie during office hours! The dark skin under his eyes had gotten more prominent, his face didn’t look fresh anymore and even worse, the tiny specks of hair (or a moustache, like Jiyong calls it) above his lips had grown.

He looked hideous, he knew, but he kept going to work because he needed to keep his sanity during the day. Jiyong couldn’t concentrate very well the past few days, since most of the time, he fiddled with his phone, waiting desperately for Taeyang to call or send him a text. His plan to make the agency give him a refund had vanished when he met Seungri that night. He won’t give up.

Jiyong looked at his phone for the nth time, tapping his feet impatiently. He checked his call log and inbox, just in case Taeyang had called him without notice. He considered calling Taeyang himself countless times, but he didn’t dare. He was scared, what if Taeyang got annoyed and decided to not let him meet Seungri at all? He knew Taeyang didn’t like him very much; he noticed that Taeyang had tried to keep calm that night even though he was furious. Heck, even Taeyang’s enraged face is even more terrifying than Seungri’s face when he was unconscious. Jiyong continued his daily routine, the thoughts about the matchmaking agency not leaving his mind.

Jiyong placed his phone inside his drawer and groaned as he looked at the scattered papers and designs on his desk. He really wanted to finish his work; he had postponed the deadlines for far too long. He entertained himself by imagining himself meeting Seungri, and of course… the good stuff that happens afterwards.

He held a pencil in his hand as he started to draw more shoe designs and patterns. I need to concentrate!

He had finished the drawing successfully after a few hours. He felt delighted as he looked at his perfect drawing, but the image he drew had nothing to do with designing shoes at all.

Instead, he had wasted more time drawing Seungri’s pretty face, images from that night still stuck onto his mind. Finally, Jiyong noticed that Seungri had clouded his mind completely. Seungri, Seungri, Seungri, that was all he could think about, nothing else. Again, as always, he had failed to finish his work, because he couldn’t get Seungri out of his mind.

Working hours had ended but Jiyong still sat in his office, spending more time thinking about Seungri. He crossed his arms and placed his head on it on top of the scattered papers on his desk, sighing, feeling sorry for himself. He was powerless, and his desire to see Seungri again was uncontrollable.

He was pained… thinking about Seungri every single day, it was really painful. Is this how it feels like to love someone? Why does it hurt so much?

Lee Seunghyun, Seungri… When can I see you? What can I do to make you love me?

Suddenly, Jiyong’s phone rang and it startled him, making him jump in his chair, heart beating fast. He took his phone out of the drawer, excited. Was it Taeyang? Hell, was it Seungri? He had waited so long for this call, so ing long-

When he looked at the screen though, his hopes had been crushed completely as t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter