Chapter 1

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong was upset; his closest companion kept cancelling their lunch meetings, and now doesn’t have the time to hang out with him, just because of his newfound lover. But this time, his friend had really promised to not cancel it, though Jiyong had doubted the promise a few times.

“You should seriously try out that matchmaking agency. Their work is satisfying enough to satisfy me, and you know I’m not an easy person to satisfy. I can even prove it to you. I mean, look at me now. Look how happy I am, all thanks to that matchmaking agency. Believe me Jiyong, it’s worth a try,” TOP nagged for the nth time.

Jiyong could only smile to hear the same, repeated words from TOP.

“Are you really that happy?” Jiyong nudged.

“Oh, I’m happy, alright. I regret that I didn’t sign up earlier! People like us should all participate in the matchmaking agency,” the latter toyed with his hand phone and smiled innocently.

“What do you mean, ‘people like us’?” Jiyong snatched away the other’s phone, “Are you listening to me?!”

“Jiyong, I was texting Dae! Give it back!” The blue-haired man cried out, attempting to reach his hands out towards the snatched phone.

“Explain it to me properly, what do you mean ‘people like us’? Aren’t we normal like everyone else?”  Jiyong persisted.

“Fine, fine. I’ll explain it to you once I finish texting Daesung.” The latter grasped his phone back and his focus was back on the text.

The hazel-eyed man could only shake his head slowly, trying to understand why his friend is so head over heels in love with this ‘Daesung’.  You see, Jiyong himself had never felt what true love actually feels like. He chose not to anyway, because he didn’t want to feel the hurt and pain from breakups. Maybe he’s just used to being single. Most of Jiyong’s friends find their lovers so easily, but for TOP’s case, it isn’t an easy thing, because he’s homoual, which means he isn’t straight. Jiyong has been friends with TOP for 8 years, and to Jiyong’s point of view, friendship is much more important than a romantic relationship. But now that he thinks about it, he feels stupid.

Jiyong started to doubt himself recently, because reality isn’t corresponding with the views of his life.
He spends every weekend alone and he’s been doing it for six months. Six. Whole. Months.
All this, because of the so-called successful matchmaking agency that had paired up his best friend with someone else.

But, to be honest, Jiyong occasionally feels envious of his best friend’s life lately. Everywhere he goes, he always looked happy. Unlike before, TOP would always complain about his work or a game he couldn’t finish. But nowadays, he would always talk on the phone with his boyfriend or be busy texting.
 
“Okay, so what were you asking again?” The tall man mumbled as he placed his phone back inside his pocket.

“What did you mean by ‘people like us’? Is it because I’m weird?” Jiyong asked exasperatedly.

“Hm… M-maybe that’s the first reason.” The other stuttered, diverting his gaze somewhere else that isn’t Jiyong.

“Do I have a second reason?” Jiyong was intrigued, though frustrated at the lack of answer he was getting from the man.

“The second reason is probably ‘cause we’re not socializers. We spend the weekend fishing or mountain climbing, something we do alone. We’ve spent our youth in vain, Jiyong,” The man continued to twitch constantly, fidgeting in his seat.

“Are you bored, when you see me? Like, right now?” The brown-haired man took a sip from his drink, tapping his feet impatiently.

“Oh, no no. Don’t get the wrong idea Jiyong; you should understand what I mean. This is the first time I even had someone to be romantic with, so it’s a pretty new experience and I quite like it. Though, let me tell you, you should seriously go to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter