Adore Her,

Then & Now
From inside her room she could hear the wind passing on by in the early morning.  Nicole sat up slowly on her mattress as her thoughts wonder around in her head.  She had a dream, but all she could remember was how hot she had felt, the sweat that drenched down her whole body.  She slowly shook her head as she called out towards one of the maids to get her morning bath ready.
 
"Sir there is someone here," one of the male servants informed Sir Jung who was sitting inside his study room.
 
"Who is it?" He asked as he closed his book, "What is his reason to meet with me at such an early hour of the day?"
 
Yongguk sat outside the courtyard as he stared up towards the sky, the clouds seemed whiter than usual and the sun seemed to burn brighter in the early morning.  He thought about Nicole's slow reaction when he had confessed to her last night up in the hilltop.  Did she understand his feelings? Or was he not obvious enough? A smile slowly appeared on his face as he turned his attention from the sky towards the ground now. 
 
"Young master," one of his servants came to fetch for him, "breakfast is ready."
 
"Ah," he replied, "I'll be there, please tell my parent's to start without me."
 
Ari finished braiding Nicole's hair after she had taken her morning bath.  Nicole made her way towards the courtyard to find her father standing by the front gate as he then turned his attention towards her to which she bowed at him and walked towards him.  As Nicole was now beside her father she looked out towards the gate where a man was standing to which Nicole had never seen him before and behind him were gifts and two servants.
 
"I'm sorry to come this early in the morning," the stranger apologized towards Sir Jung, "but if you may, please let us chat for awhile."
 
"Come inside," Sir Jung greeted them warmly as Nicole bowed towards them.
 
"How was your trip young master?" One of Himchan's servant asked him who step off the boat and onto the deck.
 
"I'm just happy to be back from my travels..." Himchan flatly replied as he then smiled while he looked around the village, "It's good to be back home..."
 
Yongguk had gone to the market after breakfast.  He liked the market, the laughter of the people and the laughter of the young kids running around, the smell of the delicious food and the variety of items.  He was looking at a few of the jeweleries that were placed in front of him as he scanned from the earrings section to the rings and necklaces. Yet he wasn't satisfied with what was displayed in front of him.
 
"Yongguk is that you?" Old Lee came from behind the shop, "What brings you to my shop today?" He greeted Yongguk brightly.
 
"I was just looking around..." He smiled back as he bowed and showed his manners, "I was hoping to find something special...like a gift...for a...ahh for someone." Yongguk shyly asked as he scratched the side of his head.
 
"You don't have to hide it, I know it's for a girl." Old Lee smiled as he looked at Yongguk who stood there blushing, "I'll be right back, I have something that I've been meaning to give to you for awhile now but never got the chance to..." Old Lee went back into his shop as Yongguk waited outside patiently.

"My name is Yoo JaeSuk," Sir Yoo finally revealed his name, "I'm here to discuss about your daughter..." Nicole who was sitting beside her mother quickly shot a glance towards her father, "I'm sure you know where I'm trying to lead this conversation to, right Sir Jung?"

"Ah of course," Sir Jung smiled, "but I'm sure you're not the one who want's my daughters hand...am I correct?"

"I'm sure you've heard of my masters name before, he is the Kim MyungSoo."

"I'm very honor," Sir Jung bowed his head, "I'm guessing his son is back from his travels then?"

"His son should be home today," Sir Yoo responded, "my master asked me to come and ask you the father of Jung Nicole Yong Joo to please give her hand to his son as his bride, so if you don't mind please do accept our request and take these gifts as an arrangement." Nicole lowered her head as she clenched her fist, Madam Jung could see Nicole who looked unhappy as she slowly placed her hand on top of Nicole's hand to assure her everything was going to be alright.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to refuse such an offer," Sir Jung politely responded back, "my daughter is not right for the Kim family for they are well known and wealthy with such a high status that my daughter who doesn't know the basic of being a housewife will lack at being their daughter in law."

"You know Sir Kim would not be happy to hear about your answer," Sir Yoo gritted his teeth as he clenched his fist under the table.

"Here it is," Old Lee came back out holding onto a jaded hairpin, "I made this for my late wife, I climbed the highest mountain just to find this stone..." he showed the jaded hairpin to Yongguk who seemed amazed by it.

"It's beautiful," Yongguk replied back.

"It's beautiful because it took time to carve this...it took me three years, I wanted to give it to my wife but because of time she left this world before I could give her such a gift, so take it." He smiled as he handed Yongguk the hairpin.

"How much is it?" Yongguk asked as he grabbed for the pin.

"It's for free," he smiled.

"I can't just leave you empty handed after taking such a beautiful item away from you..." Yongguk then began searching for his money in his sleeves.

"If it wasn't for your father I wouldn't have this shop," Old Lee reminded Yongguk, "give it to the Jung's girl, I've seen the two of you together often...you seem to really adore her." To which he meant love, "Give that hairpin to her, Yongguk-ah because jade never fades even after a thousand years and from what I see the two of you will eventually care and adore each other even after death." He smiled as Yongguk stared at the hairpin in his hand.

"Are you sure it's okay to take this without giving you anything in return?"
 
"Take it...it's the least I can do for all your father has given me..."
 
"Then thank you," Yongguk held tightly onto the hairpin as he bowed before Old Lee and then headed off towards the Jung's Residence.

Old Lee watched as Yongguk disappeared within the crowd, he turned back towards where Yongguk had been standing and there he saw the money he had left behind, "He really doesn't take no as an answer does he?" He asked himself as he grabbed for it.

"How are my parents?" Himchan asked as he was looking around the market place before heading home.

"They're doing wonderful sir," one of his servants replied.

"Good," Himchan kept on walking.

Himchan felt a body crashing into him as he quickly brushed the body off him and stared at the ground where a jaded hairpin was found.  As he was about to reach for it Yongguk quickly snatched the hairpin off the ground and bowed before Himchan apologizing for the accident that had happened.  Himchan looked up at Yongguk who had his head down.

"I'm sorry," Yongguk apologized quickly and ran through the crowd and vanishing.

"Huh," Himchan complained, "does he not have eyes or what?  What kind of apology was that!?" Himchan brushed his silk robe where Yongguk had bumped into.

"It was probably an accident," One of the servants quickly responded.

"I want to go home now," Himchan who was now displeased about what had just happened.

Yongguk was now standing outside the Jung's Residence when one of the servants came out to greet him just to turn him away.

"I'm sorry Sir Bang, but Sir Jung has company and would like to have no other visitors today." The servant informed him.

"Is Nicole unable to come out today either?" He asked.

"I'm afraid she isn't able to."

"Just tell her I came by then," He smiled as he began walking away.
 
"My final answer is no," Sir Jung profoundly refused.

"Then I should be heading back now," Sir Jung escorted them out as Nicole's mother followed behind, "you have a good day." With that Sir Yoo and his man left the Jung's Residence.

"Appa," Nicole had her head low as she was standing behind her parents, "though I'm grateful for you've turned down a marriage I would've refused of, if I may I ask, may I know the reason to why?" Her father then walked towards her.

"Look at me my dear child," he lifted her chin up, "what I said to Sir Yoo is not true, it's not you undeserving of them, but them who is undeserving of you." her father replied.

"I still don't understand..."

"If you were to confess your heart to someone would you rather they hear it from you yourself or from your servant."

"Of course myself..." Nicole quickly replied.

"Then there you have it," he smiled as he her hair, "a man who truly wants you to be his wife would come and ask me himself for you to be his wife, then I'll truly be content to know that he'll love you for a lifetime."

"I understand now," Nicole lowered her head once again as a smile appeared on her face.

"But something bad seems to be itching it's way in," He turned away from Nicole as he whispered these words.