Step Two

Breaking Up For Dummies

 

S T E P T W O ;

Don’t put it off. Get it over with.


 

“Sa Eun.”
Sa Eun picked her head up from the desk, rubbing her tired eyes with her hands. She squinted, then cleared . “Yes?” she asked.

Across from her, Sunny shook her head in disappointment, her eyes raised at her friend. 

“If you keep falling asleep while studying, you’re never going to get anything done. That’s why we came to the library in the first place, Sa Eun.” She said.

Sa Eun pouted, whining. “But I’m so tired…I barely slept last night.” She picked up her book and hit her head with it, then threw it back down on the table, sighing as she set her chin in her hands, looking up at her friend.

“Aish…you look so pathetic. Why didn’t you sleep?”

Sa Eun closed her eyes. “There’s something…” she said softly.

“What happened?” Sunny asked, screwing open the top to her water bottle.

Sa Eun bit her bottom lip, sitting up straight. “Well…it’s nothing really.” She said slowly.

Sunny rolled her eyes, bringing her water to . As she took a sip, she looked ahead of her, where a tall, light haired boy with his backpack slung across one shoulder was approaching them. She widened her eyes, and began choking on her water. She set down the bottle, bringing her hands to , and Sa Eun narrowed her eyebrows in confusion. “Are you okay?” she asked, turning around to see where Sunny had been looking. “Oh! Luhan! What are you doing here?”

Luhan smiled sweetly, stuffing his thumb in the front pocket of his jeans as he said hello. He turned to Sunny, who was wiping her lip after finally recovering. “Hey Sunny.” He said before turning back to Sa Eun.

Sa Eun watched as Sunny’s face turned deep pink, and she nodded at him, then looked away in embarrassment. Sa Eun chuckled. “What’s up?”

“Well I thought you would be here. Have you seen Chanyeol anywhere?”

Sa Eun shook her head. “No…I haven’t talked to him since last night.” She said, shrugging.

Luhan nodded in disappointment. “Hmm…where did that kid go now?”

“Geez, what kind of best friend are you, not knowing where he is?” Sa Eun said, shaking her head.

Luhan scrunched his face, then reached out and pushed her head back playfully. “Ya, you’re one to talk.” He said, rolling his eyes. “Well, if you see him anywhere, let me know, alright?” He waved goodbye, raising his eyebrows as he turned to leave the library.

Sa Eun turned back to her work, picking up her pencil to begin working on her homework. She twirled it around in her hand, wondering where Chanyeol had been all day. She hadn’t run into him at all, and it was already almost evening. She sighed, realizing the next time she saw him might be the last time they would be a couple.

Sa Eun shook the thought out of her mind, hoping Chanyeol wouldn’t show up any time soon. She took in a large amount of air, puffing her cheeks, then finally began writing her name at the top of the page.

“Sa Eun!”

She turned her head, and sure enough, Chanyeol was running toward them, holding a brown paper bag. As he neared their table, Sa Eun quickly closed her books, stuffing them in her backpack. “Oh! Chanyeol-ah!” she exclaimed, rising. “I was just leaving!” Sa Eun ignored Sunny’s condescending glare and continued to pack her bag.

Chanyeol’s face fell. “Oh you were? I brought you snacks so you could study better…”

Sunny smiled, putting her hand over . “Oh my gosh, Chanyeol, that is so sweet…Sa Eun just stay a little longer huh?”

Sa Eun glared at her friend, then smiled. “I really have to be somewhere…” she paused, seeing Chanyeol’s disappointed smile, then said, “but I guess I can stay. Thanks Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiled, setting the bag on the table as he slid into the seat next to her. “One day, I want to learn how to make kimbap.” He said. “I still haven’t learned.”

Sa Eun chuckled, admiring him as he took out the food, setting it in front of her.

“It’s not difficult, actually.” Sa Eun said. “I could tea-” She stopped, biting her tongue. She had almost forgotten that she was supposed to break up with him today.

“What’s that?” Chanyeol asked.
Sa Eun shook her head, stuffing a piece of kimbap into , chewing so she wouldn’t have to speak.

“So Chanyeol, how’s your training going?” Sunny asked curiously, reaching for some food.

Chanyeol nodded. “It’s going alright. My teacher says that I have a lot of potential. But I’m not very confident about it. Not many people make it in the music industry anyway. I’m thinking about changing my major to something else.”

Sa Eun shook her head. “You shouldn’t…” she said softly. “You’re so talented.” She felt herself blush, then scolded herself on the inside.

Chanyeol smiled. “Thanks sweetie.” He said, giving her a tight side hug. “You’re always so supportive.” He paused, his face lighting up. “You know, you and Sunny should come to the Starz tomorrow and see me and Luhan perform!” He smiled widely, as he always did, nodding.

Sa Eun glanced at Sunny, whose face suddenly became flushed. “Oh…I’m not sure if I can make it…” she started, but Sunny kicked her under the table.

“Of course we’ll be there!” Sunny said, looking extra excited.

Sa Eun glared at Sunny, then rolled her eyes to the back of her head, sighing. “Of course we’ll be there, Chan.” She said through clenched teeth.

Chanyeol grinned, squeezing Sa Eun so that her face was squished into his chest. He hugged her head, moving back and forth. “Ah! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” he exclaimed, laughing.

Sa Eun felt herself smile. Chanyeol’s embrace was always so sincere and tight. She felt her eyes slowly shut, and her arms slipped up around his waist. He leaned back, picking her head up, and smiled at her, his eyes rising. “Thank you.” He said.

Feeling her heart skip a couple beats, Sa Eun  closed her eyes, swallowing, then pushed out of Chanyeol’s arms as fast as she could. “Well I should go now, I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” Without another word, she ran out of the building.


 

Hi readers! Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Since the story is still starting, it may not be completely intriguing thus far, but I hope you’ll give it a chance