07;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

Thursday had quickly zoned by, and Ukwon hadn’t bothered to make any contact with Ren. His heart was still crushed, as Ren had rejected him. Ukwon really thought that he could be Ren’s only one, but he was wrong.

Moreover, Zico had been seeing Ren. Though she feels like he’s just creeping around her, Ren became less caring about how Zico comes and pick her up at work on her working days.

As Ren still doesn’t know, Zico’s intentions of taking her home is to make sure that she won’t get abused. He once almost stayed up around 3 a.m. outside of Ren’s house. Zico is just worried for Ren’s sake, as he can’t tolerate the bruises on her skin anymore.

Their friendship was slowly building up, and Ren also told herself that maybe she can actually trust Zico. It’s not so bad to trust someone who’s there bothering her all the time, as Zico doesn’t seem to be a traitor.

“Jiho, you said that I can trust you, right?” Ren asked him, as they both stood at their lockers together. “Of course,” Zico answered and gave her a smile.

Playing with her fingers, Ren nibbled on her bottom lip for a second.

“The hospital, can we go there together before heading to Hanhae’s café?” She asked him. Zico raised an eyebrow at Ren, and then nodded his head. “Sure, I don’t see why not,” he answered and shrugged.

After closing both lockers, Zico spotted Ukwon heading their way. He nodded his head at Ukwon, and then dashed to homeroom. Leaving the confused Ren behind, she turned around and faced Ukwon alone.

“Hi Ren,” Ukwon greeted her, as he tried to smile. “Hey…” she greeted him back also, and then silence stormed up in the air.

“You look different today,” Ukwon tried to build a conversation, and Ren smiled. “Thanks, you look great too,” she complimented him back.

“Ren-ssi,” Ukwon murmured her name. Ren then turned to look up at him. “Yes?” Ren asked, and then saw him smiling at her.

“Even though you rejected me, I won’t give up. I really like you, Ren, and I want you to know that I won’t have anyone better if it isn’t you. I won’t ever give up,” Ukwon told her with pure confidence.

Ren chuckled at him, and then lightly pats Ukwon’s shoulder.

“Ukwon-ah, I’m glad that you won’t give up on me. However, I hope that you do, as you’ll find better. Let’s just keep being friends, okay?” Ren replied, and Ukwon pursed his lips together to a pout.

“Do you like someone else, Ren?” Ukwon asked her, and Ren shook her head. “I have no one in mind at all, as I’m too busy to look for love,” she honestly answers him, and then makes her way towards homeroom.

It pretty much bothered Ukwon a bit, as he didn’t believe her. Usually when a girl rejects a confession, is only because they’re interested with another guy. Or it is jut Ukwon’s thinking?

 

The bell rang dismissing the students soon, and Ren turned her head over to look at Zico. He gave her a head nod, notifying to her that he’d be outside soon. Ren then walked out ahead.

“Zico, are you heading to the café with me now?” Kyung asked excitedly, and Zico slightly scratched the back of his head. “Uhmm…I have some business to take care of first. I’ll catch up with you all there later though,” Zico answered, and then lightly punches his friends’ arms.

“What business do you have?” Ukwon asked, and Zico faced his friend with a face of remorse.

He couldn’t tell anyone where he was going and whom he is leaving with, as Ren probably wouldn’t like it.

“I’ll just be there later, okay? Stop asking so much questions,” Zico answered, as he was annoyed by his friends’ questions.

The two boys gave him weird stares, as they watched Zico walk out.

“What is up with him?” Kyung asked, and Ukwon shrugged. “He’s changed a lot during the past few days,” Ukwon said, and Kyung nodded his head.

“Ren,” Zico called to her, as he saw her reading a book by the gates. “Oh, I was just about to leave, as you were slower than a turtle,” Ren joked, and Zico beamed. “I am never a turtle, you got that?” He told her, as he lightly pokes her forehead.

“Let’s go then?” Ren suggested, and Zico nodded. “Mind if I ask about why we’re heading to the hospital?” Zico asked. “You’ll know once when we get there,” she answered, and then smiled to herself.

Tami kicked the cement ground, as she couldn’t believe that her man Zico was hanging out with that degraded Ren. She clearly couldn’t understand to see what Ren has that Zico was so into.

“Tami unnie, shouldn’t you do or say something to her?” Rinah asked, as she shook Tami’s arm. “Hmph, I don’t know why Zico oppa is hanging out with such an ugly girl. Tami unnie is the best,” Yoko said, and Tami smirked.

“Just you wait, Miss Ren. Zico will soon jump back into my arms,” Tami mumbled, as she clenched a fist tightly.

 

Ren took a deep breath, as she held onto the door. Zico looked at her in bewilderment, and could see that Ren seemed to have regretted a bit.

“Ren, if you don’t want to, it’s okay,” Zico said, as he tries to stop her. “No, I have to tell you if I’m going to trust you in being my friend,” Ren replied stubbornly.

She opened the door, and soon walked inside with Zico following after. Zico was surprised to see a middle age woman around his mother’s age, sitting on the hospital bed. Though she seemed like Zico’s age, the woman looked pale and whatever that is causing her sickness, made her looked older.

“Mother,” Ren called to her mom quietly, and her mom looked up in astonishment to see her daughter. “Ji Ren!” Her mother excitedly shouts, and opened her arms to have Ren hug her.

Ren hugged her mother tightly, and then broke the hug to have Zico give his greet. He smiled at Ren’s mother, and then bowed while greeting Ren’s mother.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ren’s mother. I am Woo Jiho,” he introduced himself, and Ren’s mother grinned at the boy. “Just call me eomoni, son,” Ren’s mother said, and Zico looked at Ren whilst blushing.

Ren gave him a small shrug, and Zico chuckled afterwards.

“Okay, eomoni,” Zico replied, and then seated next to Ren, as Ren’s mother had the two kids sit down.

While chatting, Ren’s mother had Ren go fetch for the nurse to bring her medicine. Ren found it odd, but didn’t mind. When she left, Ren’s mother turned her gaze towards Zico. He stiffened in his position, but with her smile, he loosened up a bit.

“I’m really am grateful that you’re Ji Ren’s friend. I don’t even remember the last time she had a friend. Jiho, son, can I ask a favor from you?” Ren’s mother spoke calmly. “Sure, eomoni,” Zico replied.

“I don’t know when I’m going to leave, as my sickness has worsen in the past few days. If one day I soon leave the world, or as I should say, leave my Ji Ren…Will you please there for her?” Her voice seemed to have cracked a bit.

Zico’s expression softened, as he didn’t wish to hear Ren’s mother talk about her leave. She was an incredible woman, and why is it that a person like Ren’s mother must be dealing with such an incurable disease?

“Eomoni, do not worry about a thing. Ren is in good hands. I promise that I’ll never let you down. I, Woo Jiho will always bring sunshine to Ren’s world, and watch after her,” Zico answered, as he placed both his hands onto her hands.

“Thank you, son. I’m really am going to put my entire trust in you, as you’re one of a kind to keep,” Ren’s mother said, and Zico gave her an assuring smile.

The nurse and Ren soon entered inside the room, and Ren had her mother take the medicine. Soon after, her mother shooed them out, as she wanted to nap. Ren hugged her mother goodbye, and Zico did the same.

While walking to the bus together, Ren looked up to find Zico smiling. She was curious as to why he’s so jolly all of a sudden. When Zico turned to look at Ren, she glanced away.

“Are you excited to see Kyung perform?” Zico asked, as he finally broken the silence between them both. “But didn’t you also say that there’s a secret group performing after?” Ren asked back, and Zico nodded his head.

“May I know who they are?” She asked, and Zico shook his head. “They’re secret for a reason,” he answered her, and Ren giggled. “You meanie,” Ren said, as she slightly poked his arm.

“You know, Ren. I’m really happy to have met your mother. She’s a sweet and funny woman,” Zico said, and Ren smiled nodding her head. “That’s my mother,” she replied, and Zico lightly pats her back.

“So she’s the one you visited the other day, and cried for?” Zico asked, and Ren chuckled at the question. “Oh goodness, that day was so embarrassing,” Ren said, and Zico chortled.

“Yeah, it kind of was embarrassing,” he murmured after her, and Ren gurgled. “You know, Zico. You’re actually one of the first to visit my mother, ever since I had lost contacts with my old friends,” she told him.

Zico looked at Ren again, and noticed that she seemed exultant.

“I feel special to be the first then,” Zico jokingly said, and Ren laughed at his silliness. “In all of curiosity, what did you and my mother talk about when I went to fetch for the nurse?” Ren asked, and Zico pursed his lips together.

“Uhmm…she just told me how you’re always caring for her and school so much, which can sometimes hurt your brain. If it’s okay, then I should show you what’s fun,” Zico lied, and Ren of course didn’t buy it.

“You seriously think that I would believe that?” Ren asked, and Zico shrugged. “What would you believe then?” He asked back, and Ren pouted.

Zico chuckled at her tiny pout, and then pulls her inside the café. Hanhae led them downstairs once more, and everyone greeted both Zico and Ren.

Ukwon was busy getting drinks for the guys, so he didn’t spy Ren entering inside with Zico. As for the other guys, they were confused as to why Zico brought Ren over and not Tami.

“Ren, meet Jaehyo, Taeil, and BBomb,” Zico introduced her to the three seniors. “Hi,” she greeted them, and the boys greeted her back also. “Ren, you’re here?” Ukwon asked in shock, and Ren greeted him too.

As everyone settled down and started chatting, Ukwon couldn’t take his eyes off of Ren. Somehow though, something wasn’t right. Ren was chatting with Zico too much, and a bit of jealousy up inside Ukwon.

Soon enough, Kyung started out with a couple short raps, and everyone in the audience cheered.

“His raps are very good. I love the meanings that he had put behind it,” Ren told Zico, and he nodded his head. “Kyung always have great meanings behind everything he says,” Zico said, and Ren’s head jerked back to look at Kyung perform on stage.

Suddenly, the song changed to be a sort of rap and ballad song. Ren smiled as she listened to the lyrics. Laughing along to a bit of the verses, she chatted with Zico again.

“Is Kyung always this greasy?” Ren asked, and Zico laughed. “Trust me, this is just the beginning of you knowing him. But everything behind that song of his, speaks about picking up girls,” Zico whispered, and Ren guffawed again.

Ukwon was feeling uncomfortable, as he couldn’t stand seeing Ren being so close with Zico. He wanted to have that warmth around her, and wished that it were he, who Ren is chatting and laughing with.

“The next song I’m going to sing to will feature my buddy Zico!” Kyung announced in the microphone, and everyone clapped.

Zico hopped on stage, and quickly grabbed the free microphone. As soon as the music started, the audience would clap with the beat, as Kyung rapped first.

“Turn around, turn around


Please contact your eyes to me (I’m your man)


Let me talk to you, let me talk to you


Please contact your eyes to me (Just follow)


Today (I’m going to get your number)


Today (I’m going to go home with you)


So turn around


Please contact your eyes to me”

Ren bounced her head up and down, as she listened to the boys rap. Somehow, the “I’m going to go home with you” part reminded her very much of what Zico’s been doing the past few days.

Ukwon observed Ren having such fun, and scooted closer by her side. Ren noticed his presence, and gave him a tiny smile.

“They can really rap,” Ren cheered, and Ukwon tilted his head to the side and nodded. “They are the talented rappers in our group,” Ukwon replied, and watches Ren.

As Zico took his turn, Ren watched him. Her eyes were glued to seeing how great Zico performed with such great charisma. He definitely looked like a superstar, which every girl would die to be with.

When rapping his part, Zico bobbed his head up and down, as he very much enjoyed the spotlight. Soon enough, she felt her face feeling hot. Ren was blushing, as she noticed that she couldn’t stop staring at Zico.

“The world freezes and I’m like a stiff statue~”

That line replayed in Ren’s mind over and over, as she had found herself frozen and stiff like a statue. However though, she quickly snapped out of her thoughts, and excused herself to use the bathroom.

Ren splashed water on her face a couple times, as she tried her best to calm down. She didn’t want to think of it, no matter how much her heart was beating in such a fast pace.

“I don’t like him,” Ren murmured to herself in front of the mirror before exiting.

“Are you okay?” Ukwon asked her, and Ren nodded. “I must’ve drank too much of the free drinks,” Ren answered, and Ukwon chuckled. “You are so funny,” he said, and Ren smiled.

“Kyung’s going to perform two more songs, and then the secret group I told you about will sing after,” Zico said, as he plopped next to Ren. “Already?” Ren asked, and Zico nodded his head.

Ukwon went back to being uncomfortable again, as he saw Zico chatting freely with Ren.

“Anyone wants food?” Ukwon asked, as he stood up from his seat. “Yes, give me a burger,” Taeil said. “I want ice cream,” Jaehyo answered. “Onion rings!” BBomb hooted, and Ukwon turned to face Zico and Ren.

“I’m fine,” Ren replied, and then gazed back at the stage. “I’ll just drink my water,” Zico said, as he rose up his glass of water.

Ren then turned her gaze at Zico, as she silently watched him. She’s never noticed how close they were sitting next to each other, and observing Zico this close was never what Ren ever had in mind.

Still, she examined Zico’s flawless look. He had the nice plump bottom lip that anyone would just love to chew on, and enchanting jawline. Zico may have tiny squinted eyes, but Ren found them quite charming. His thick eyebrows were a plus, and Ren giggled to herself as she glanced away.

“What’s up?” Zico asked, as he faced her. “Nothing, nothing at all,” Ren answered, and then her expression allayed.

She couldn’t like Zico, as Ukwon would feel betrayed. Ren couldn’t break a pair of good friends, and now started to felt a bit of guilt building up inside. She shouldn’t have been so close with Zico.

“I saw that your water was done, so I brought you a new one,” Ukwon said, and placed a glass of water next to Ren.

She looked at him with eyes filled with sorrow, and Ukwon was confused by her expression.

“Thank you, Ukwon,” she thanked him, and slid the glass water close to her. “No problem,” he replied.

After Kyung got done performing his last two songs, he announced about a girl group singing up stage. Ren clasped her hands together, as she was excited to see this group perform.

“Oh, it’s Hayana!” Ren exclaimed, and Zico chuckled. “She didn’t tell you that she’d be here?” Ukwon asked, and Ren shook her head. “I didn’t even know that she’s into singing,” Ren answered, as she excitedly drank her water.

“Hello, my name is Say and our group is called EvoL. Please listen to our ballad, as it’s a beautiful one,” the half red and half blonde longhaired girl spoke into the microphone, and the audience clapped.

As the song started beautifully, Zico and Ukwon both looked at Ren who sat in between the two. Locking their eyes deeply into Ren, they’ve never noticed how blissful she really was.

Whilst listening to the song, Ren noticed that even though the song was beautiful, she heard something that up inside her heart.

“It’s you who confessed to me first

So why are you acting like this now~”

That part of the song, it made Ren think twice about Ukwon’s confession. Then the entire song started throwing queries in Ren’s head.

What if he’ll throw her away one-day just like the lyrics?

Was it a great idea that she rejected Ukwon?

What about Zico though?

Ren shook her head, and then slightly rubbed her temples.

“Are you okay, Ren?” Ukwon asked her, and Zico looked away. ‘She’s his girl!’ Zico scolded at himself, as he had caught himself staring at Ren. “I’m fine. Just feeling a slight headache,” Ren answered, but gave him an assuring smile.

“Zico,” Ren tugged onto his jacket. “Hm?” He turned to look at her. “Can you take me home?” She asked him, and Zico bit his bottom lip with an unsure look.

‘Ask Ukwon, not me!’ Zico’s mind told Ren.

“S-s-sure,” Zico complied, and Ukwon gave his friend a confusing look. “Ren, I can take you home,” Ukwon quickly bugged into the conversation, and she shook her head.

“It’s okay, Ukwon. Thank you though,” she thanked him, and walked out ahead. “Sorry bro,” Zico apologized, and headed after Ren.



 

Goshers, I just love how Ren calls Zico as Jiho. :3 trololol!

Soooo...there are lots of mixes of love in zee air. ooooohhhh la la! LOL

I've been listening to Zico's mixtape a lot these days. idk why, but "4 My Town" just can't stop haunting me. Mino and Zico are just too much of a good pair! lol!

DNW, MINO WILL HAVE A CAMEO APPEARENCE. :DD

Now, let's all enjoy EVOL~