01;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

Classmates chattered all around, as a couple of students worked or read quietly in homeroom. The hallways were busy being filled up with students walking back and forth, as teachers hung out in the teachers lounge.

 Quietly studying to herself, Chae Ji Ren would take her time to read a book than fool around during break. Being ranked as number one for three straight years also, the high school expects her to do well.

“Yeah, and then the dance goes like this,” a female student explained a dance to her friend, as she gets up from her seat and dances a little.

“Zico, take a picture of her revealing ,” a male student whispered to his friend Zico, who sits next to where the girl was dancing. “Haha, will do,” the friend giggled back, as he took out his cellphone.

Snapped, the photo was quickly taken, and the girl who was dancing heard the loud snapshot. She turned around, and started fighting the boy for his cellphone.

“Yah, Woo Jiho! Stop being such a ert, and delete that photo this instant!” The female student hollered at the photographer. “Hmph, never in a million years. Kyung, check what color she wears,” Zico said, as he threw his cellphone over to his friend, Kyung.

“Oh snap, would you look at that. The color is light blue,” Kyung highly praised, as he nudged a couple of male students behind him. “Yah, Park Kyung!” The girl yelled at him.

Ren heaved a sigh, as she ignored the loud ruckus being caused behind her. For once, Ren just want a time of peace and quiet, and the students just didn’t care.

“Class Representative Ji Ren, help me here too, will you?” The girl asked, as she was getting pushed away by Zico. Ren slid her book up to her desk, and turned around to face everyone in the back rows.

She walked up to where Zico and his buddies were seated, and stood up tall next to his seat. Zico sent a blow kiss to Ren, and she scoffed at his lame attitude.

“Yah, delete the photo,” Ren said with annoyance. “Hmph, why should I?” Zico asked, as he smirked at her. “Delete it right now before I report you to the principal,” she retorted, putting him on the spot.

“I pay the school to live, so the principal doesn’t give a ,” Zico replied back, and his male friends laughed at Ren. “Your father pays the school, not you,” Ren snapped, and everyone inside homeroom laughed.

Zico snatched his cellphone from Kyung’s hands, and placed it in front of Ren. Instead of handing it over to her, he started snapping photos of her. Ren didn’t want to tolerate with anymore of Zico’s nonsense, as she turned away back to her seat.

Ren heard the boys laugh audibly throughout the homeroom, as the female students sighed. Before reaching her desk, Ren clenched a fist tightly, and turned around to face Zico again. He smirked at her, and Ren smirked back as well.

She rose up her right leg, and kicked Zico right off his chair. Falling over with humiliation, Zico got up and off of the ground, as he held his chair.

The room got intense, as Zico swung his chair at Ren. She dodged quickly, and then kicked Zico back down on the ground again.

Ren took her chance to grab Zico’s cellphone on the ground, and threw it at the female student who whined to her. The girl bowed a thank you, and searched for her picture, as she quickly deletes it.

“Who the are you to kick me and touch my ?” Zico asked out of anger, as he charged up at Ren. Trying to punch Ren from behind, Ren quickly reflexes to her left, and grabs Zico’s incoming arm, and flipped him over to the ground.

“Aghh~” Zico groaned in pain, as everyone watched in amazement. “I am your Class Representative Chae Ji Ren. Although I will apologize for kicking you, but touching your is necessary, because it’s just ,” Ren answered the pained Zico on the ground.

Ren stood up tall, and looked at the back of the class, and all the boys just stared at her in fright.

“If anyone wants to join with Woo Jiho, then come at me now,” Ren announced, as she rolled up her sleeves.

The boys all shook their heads, and Zico hissed away in embarrassment. He couldn’t believe it. Zico was beat up by a girl, more likely by a nerdy girl. She’s not dorky looking with glasses, but she was a nerd.

“Teacher’s coming!” A student shouted, and Ren rolled her eyes. “I heard the loud ruckus, and girls screaming. Then someone said two people were fighting. Ji Ren, you’re the class representative, who fought?” The short and stubby homeroom teacher, Mr. Song asked.

“It was Woo Jiho and I, sir,” Ren honestly answered, and Mr. Song’s eyes widened in shock. However, it was much of a surprise to see the damage in homeroom, but only Zico was on the ground, as Ren stood up tall and clean.

“You don’t have to lie for anyone, Ji Ren. Seriously, which one fought against Woo Jiho?” Mr. Song asked, not believing Ren’s answer. “I’m being serious, I fought against Jiho, and caused this mess,” Ren answered, and Mr. Song’s smile turned into a frown.

Of course it wasn’t good for Ren, but she didn’t care. Zico the erted jerk deserved it, since he chose not to listen to her in the first place.

“I like my school to be clean, not behave in a violence matter. Therefore, whatever activities happen in school, you two will be partnered up until the rest of the semester. I would also need reports from you both every Friday about how one another is behaving. I don’t care if you both disagree on this decision. All my precious students need to love each other,” the principal told Ren and Zico.

“Can’t I just pay you to get out of this mess?” Zico smart talked to the principal. “Woo Jiho, you’re a very clever man for using money. However, if you don’t do what I say, I might just have to tell your father that you tried beating up a girl in class,” the principal spoke back.

“I didn’t try to beat her up. She had beaten me up instead!” Zico hollered inside the room. “This is pathetic, for talking with a guy who only uses money to solve his problems,” Ren mumbles, and Zico turns to glare at her.

“I’m not going back on my words with what I told you both. If you both don’t get along, then a student will need to transfer out,” the principal spoke sharply. “Don’t worry about a thing. We’ll do our best at getting along,” Ren replied, and shortly bowed after.

Zico scoffed, as he glanced away.

“I’m sorry for beating you up too,” Ren apologized to Zico, and he hissed in embarrassment. “Zico, don’t you have something to say also?” The principal asked, as he pointed at Ren. “Yeah, I’m sorry too,” Zico muttered quietly, and Ren rolled her eyes away.

“Alright then, starting next week, I would like the reports about each other’s behavior in on Fridays,” the principal reminded the two, and excused them out.

 

“Thanks for having my back, guys. I totally needed you all to watch me get beaten up,” Zico angrily huffed at his friends. “Hey, she’s quite the scary chick. Didn’t know that class representative knew how to fight, okay?” Kyung spoke up.

“Oh dude, I’ve been hearing about the fight all day today. Heard that you got slammed to the floor!” BBomb, a friend of Zico’s said. “Tch, I wasn’t slammed or any of those . The was lucky,” Zico hissed.

“Yeah, everyone in the halls has been talking about how you got beaten up by a girl,” Taeil, another friend of Zico’s said. “What? She did not beat me up. Ugh!” Zico retorted in anger.

“I’m going to wreck this ’s life,” Zico mumbled, and a couple of his buddies laughed. “Zico-ssi, I think you need to calm down before thinking doing anything. Ren didn’t intentionally do it on purpose,” Ukwon said, and Zico faced him with a glare.

“She humiliated me in front of everyone. Do you expect me to not do something?” Zico asked his friend Ukwon, as he faced him up front.

“Stop being so immature about this. Just let it go,” Ukwon said, as he tried calming down his angry friend.

“You’re telling me to calm down? Why are you siding and helping her anyways? Don’t tell me that you like her,” Zico angrily asked, and Ukwon shook his head.

“So what if I like her? Does that make me a traitor to our friendship? I’m just telling you to be mature about this. Ji Ren took it maturely, and apologized for kicking you,” Ukwon said, and Zico irately scoffs.

“That just wants to look good, because she’s the school’s superstar. If she wasn’t, I’m sure of it that the wouldn’t be acting like a goddess,” Zico muttered.

“Her name is Chae Ji Ren,” Ukwon annoyingly said, and Zico glared at him. “I don’t give a about her name. She’s going down whether you like it or not,” Zico replied with fire building inside his eyes, as he heads back to class.

“You know how Zico is, he always gets his ways.” Kyung mumbles, and Ukwon sighed. “Not this time, because I’m going to stop him,” Ukwon replied, and leaves the school’s rooftop also.

 

After putting her stuff away, Ren walked out of the school campus. While making the exit, she was stopped by three other female students from outside of her school.

“Hmph, so this is the girl that kicked Zico’s ?” A long blonde hair girl asked. “She looks so easy to take down. I bet that Jiho oppa went easy on her,” a short light brown hair girl said. “I am Tami Park, a friend of Zico’s. Nice to meet you,” another girl who has her hair tied in a bun, introduces herself to Ren.

“More like his sidekicks,” Ren muttered, and the girl Tami’s smile faded. “Now I see why you and Zico got into a fight. Look at that ugly attitude of yours,” Tami said, and Ren chuckled.

“Don’t judge me because I have this attitude. Plus, you should probably check up on your friend Zico. He looks like he’s in deep pain,” Ren shot back adding a glare, and then leaves the three girls.

“Tami unnie, we should just jump her,” the blonde hair girl said, as she raised a fist. “No Rinah, we’re better than her, okay?” Tami told her friend, and then enters inside Stardom campus.

“Oh snap, it’s Tami and her cliques,” Kyung whistled, and Tami rolled her eyes. “Oppa, I heard that you were hurt, and got very worried,” Tami told Zico, as she held onto his arm.

Zico smirked at her, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

“Do I look hurt? Besides, do you and your friends want to take down the that did this to me? Since you all know that I don’t hit girls,” Zico said with a smile, and Tami nodded her head.

“Anything for you, oppa,” Tami replied, and pecks Zico’s cheek.

Ukwon wanted to puke, as he saw how lame Zico was acting. It was sure enough that Zico tried beating up Ren, but just failed. But this is what Zico does to impress girls, so Ukwon didn’t even bother to say anything.

“I saw her exiting out of campus, when Rinah and Yoko came with me,” Tami said, talking about Ren. “Well then, I guess you know how she looks like without having me telling you who she is,” Zico replied, and Tami gave him a smile.

“So what are your plans on doing to her?” Tami asked with a huge grin. “I was thinking about humiliating the geeky . I want her to feel how I feel,” Zico answered, and Ukwon sighed.

“Yah, are you just plainly not going to give a about her? Zico-ssi, I already told you to just brush it off,” Ukwon said, and Zico glared at his friend. “I don’t give a about what you want. That girl is going down,” Zico replied, and walked away with Tami.

“Hyung, don’t try and stop Zico. His temper isn’t the coolest when he’s angry,” young friend Jihoon said, and Ukwon shook his head. “I don’t care what you all say. Letting Zico have his way is too much,” Ukwon replied, as he turned to a different route.

“Where are you going?” BBomb asked him. “Home,” Ukwon answered angrily, and ditches the crew.

 

As soon as Ren quickly reaches home, she saw her drunken father snoring away in the kitchen. She went to the room, and grabs a blanket to place it on top of her father.

It was always like this everyday for Chae Ji Ren. No one knew her or even about her. Even though she’s the superstar of the school like Zico said, she’s just a normal girl at home who takes care of her drunken father everyday.

Cleaning up the cans, Ren tried her best to be quiet and not disturb her father’s sleep. She knows his temper, and her father’s temper was what taught her to be patient.

Ren used to never be patient, and had a wild short temper. She used to always talk back and yell at both her parents. However, one day arguing with her father nonstop, Ren’s mother who tried to stop them both, fainted unknowingly.

Don’t worry, her mother didn’t pass away, she just fell unconsciously. Doctors told Ren about her mother’s illness, and sometimes, Ren just wished that she’d never know it. Day by day, Ren would slowly erase the disease of the name in her head.

“Ugh!” Ren heard her father grunt, and she looked over at him. He was still asleep, just probably had a rough dream.

She walked inside her room after cleaning up the mess, and changed into a blue t-shirt and denim capris. Ren tied her sleek black hair up in a ponytail, and grabbed her backpack.

Making her way out of her quiet home, Ren quietly and slowly shuts the door. She looked at her watch, and it read 5:47 p.m. There were two more hours to kill before going to work, so she decided on visiting her mother.

“Ji Ren my dear, what brings you here?” Ren’s mother asks weakly, as she sees Ren entering inside her room. “I had time to kill, so I decided to visit you,” Ren answered, as a smile came upon her face.

“Have you been eating, dear?” Her mother asks worriedly. “Of course, I eat when I’m hungry,” Ren answered, and then hears her mother’s weak laugh. “Didn’t I tell you not to eat like that?” Her mother said, and Ren shrugged.

“I guess I can’t eat normally anymore, because you’re not home to cook it for me,” Ren joked, and her mother smiled, caressing Ren’s cheek. “Your face has gotten thinner than before. Eat a lot, okay?” Ren’s mother said, and she plainly nodded her head.

Ren held her mother’s hand, as her heart slowly broke inside. She knows that her mother was slowly dying, and promised to not cry. However, when her mother slept, Ren shed a tear.

It wasn’t usual that Ren will cry all the time, but she’s just scared that when her mother sleeps, she might not ever wake up. Although Ren is busy and barely has time to visit her mother, she always tries to find time.

The hours came quickly by, and Ren kissed her mother’s forehead goodbye, and head off to work. She works at a tiny convenient store, that wasn’t far from the hospital her mother stayed.

Ren wanted to work somewhere close to where her mother was, so that if anything happened, she can just run there.

“You’re seven minutes early,” Ren’s coworker Sung Hee greeted her, and Ren chuckled. “I’m always early,” Ren replied, and simply smiled. “Yah, you’re smiling. It’s not very often that I get to see your smiles. What happened?” Sung Hee asked.

“What? You’re so stupid. Nothing happened,” Ren answered. “C’mon, did you get a boyfriend or something?” Sung Hee teased, and Ren let out a tiny laugh. “I actually kicked a guy off his chair, and pulled him over my shoulder,” Ren replied, and Sung Hee’s mouth dropped.

“Was he a ?” Sung Hee asked. “Yes, a dirty rich erted student, who happens to be in my homeroom,” Ren answered, and Sung Hee laughed. “Rich people, I just don’t get it,” Sung Hee muttered, and Ren nodded her head.

“Oh well, now he knows not to mess with you next time,” Sung Hee said, and Ren chortled. “I hope he doesn’t,” Ren replies.

 

“Zico oppa, brainstorming on humiliating the girl is kind of hard,” Tami whined, as she slumped down on her chair. “Well don’t you want to be my girlfriend? My girlfriend needs to be an intelligent thinker, if she’s going to avenge for me,” Zico replied, as he shot in the eight ball.

“, I lost again,” Taeil cursed, as he threw his pool stick at BBomb. “I am undefeated,” Zico praised himself, and Tami chuckled.

“I’ll brainstorm some more later. I need a drink now,” Tami said, as she walked over to the bar area.

“Why won’t you just date Tami already? You both act as if you’re a couple,” Kyung asked, and Zico chuckled. “She’s not the one,” Zico answered, and angled his next shot. 



 

WOOT WOOT! FIRST CHAPTER UP!

So whatcha think, huh?

Interesting so far? Hm? Hm? LOL!

Thanks for reading! XDD