05;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

“Heart is hurt, through to you, I am

Heart is hurt, because of you, I am

Heart is hurt, I am in constant pain~”

Zico rapped a bit on the tiny stage, as Ren watched him.

‘The guy isn’t so bad.’ Ren thought, as her finger circled around her cup.

“My feelings are always broken

My existence has no meaning without you

Everyday, the pain only gets worse

I don’t care if you hate me, just come by my side~”

 

The last sentence of that verse made Ren lit up her head to stare at Zico closer.

‘I don’t care if your hate me, just come by my side.’ The sentence repeated over and over in Ren’s head, as she slowly breathed.

Zico bowed down at the audience, as they clapped happily. Ren clapped softly, as Zico made his way back to the booth.

“What do you think?” Zico asked, and Ren smiled a small one at him. “Pretty good,” she answered, and Zico smiled. “Do you come here to rap our your feelings?” Ren asked, and Zico chuckled. “I don’t rap out my feelings. Just free styling,” he answered.

“Sure, I bet it’s one of your tricks to get girls,” Ren teased, and Zico chortled. “Why do you think that everything I do, is just trying to pick up girls? I may seem like a ladies’ man, but that’s BBomb hyung. I’m a chill dude,” he explained to Ren, and she rolled her eyes.

Ren looked at her watch, and saw the time. She gasped in shock, as it has gotten so late. Ren hastily picked up her stuff, as she got off from her seat.

“I have to get home,” Ren told Zico, and he quickly gets off from his post also. “Should I walk you?” He asked, and Ren shook her head. “That’s fine, but thanks for the offer,” she answered, as she slightly bowed.

Zico then lead Ren out of the café, and then walked her to the bus stop.

“Thanks for tonight, as I wouldn’t know that Woo Jiho would be such a gentleman,” Ren said, and Zico chuckled. “No problem, and I’m glad you enjoyed the night,” Zico replied, and Ren smiled a small at him.

“Uhmm Ren…if you don’t mind me asking, may I know why you were severely injured?” Zico asked, and Ren’s smiled faded away. She glanced at him, and then lowered her head back to the ground. “Sorry for being nosy. I guess I shouldn’t have asked. Have a good one, and be safe,” Zico apologized, and then turned around to walk another direction.

Ren watched Zico walking away, as the bus came and pulled up by the stop. The doors opened for her, but before climbing on, Ren bowed to the driver. She quickly ran after Zico, and tugged onto his jacket. He turned around, and found Ren panting softly, whilst looking at him.

“Why, Jiho? Why is it that you want to know?” Ren asked, and Zico gave her a puzzled look. “Well, we are classmates afterall. Also, we’re friends now, aren’t we? Wouldn’t it be best to tell a friend of what happened to you?” Zico answered, and Ren’s expression softened.

“You don’t want an answer to clear up the rumors at school?” Ren asked, and Zico was thrown off by the question. “Tch, what? You think I care about those rumors? Everyone clearly saw you beat me up remember? Besides, I don’t dirty works,” Zico answered honestly.

Ren stared down at her feet, as her hand released Zico’s jacket. She bit her bottom lip, and then faced Zico once again.

“You don’t trust me, do you?” Zico asked, and Ren gave no emotions or any reply. “It’s okay, not a lot of people trusts me anyways. Only my guy friends do, so you don’t have to worry a thing. Like I said earlier, have a safe night,” he then said, and continued on his way.

“Wait,” Ren stopped him. Zico turned around to face Ren, and she didn’t seem like her usual self. “Is there something wrong?” Zico asked, and Ren shook her head. “I think I just missed the last bus. If it’s okay with you, I would like that walk home,” Ren answered, and Zico smiled at her.

The walk to Ren’s home was long and silent, as both didn’t speak to one another. However, Ren and Zico conversed to themselves inside their heads, as questions just build up.

Ren is curious as to why Zico wants to know about her wounds, whilst Zico is enquiring about why Ren wanted to walk her home. With queries being roamed in both their heads, Ren and Zico soon inhaled deep breaths and started a conversation at the same time.

“So why is it—“

“You go first—“

“No, you go ahead—“

“Haha, go ahead Ren,” Zico said, as he and Ren have been speaking the same things constantly. “Okay, since I’ll be starting the conversation first, I would like to know something about you,” Ren replied, and Zico looked at her in surprise.

“What would you want to know?” Zico asked, and Ren tilted her head to the side. “About why you act as a different person at school. Just, how do you do it?” Ren asked her question, and Zico confusedly looked at her.

“I don’t act different. I’m quite the same guy, actually,” Zico answered, and Ren shook her head. “You seem very confident about yourself, and laugh loudly with your friends. Also, you can be quite the cocky guy,” Ren replied, and Zico chortled.

“Exactly Ren, I am the same. I’m not any different at what you just explained,” he told her, but Ren shook her head in disagreement. “Today however, I saw you trying very hard. I’ve never seen you try this hard to just take a lady out. Which in all means, you’re not who you are everyday,” Ren explained.

Zico came to a silent moment and thought about what Ren had said. He glanced at her, and saw Ren plastering a tiny smile on her face.

“What about you? You’re the first girl that I’ve encountered to be a bit bipolar. No offense,” Zico asked, as he couldn’t find an answer to Ren’s explanation. He heard Ren laugh quietly, and then she gawked at him. “I’ll admit to my bipolar acts, so none taken about being offended. I’m just nice to who I want, when I want,” Ren gave out an authentic answer, and Zico leered.

“I guess I should answer my part too then, huh?” Zico inquired, and Ren chuckled. “What do you think?” She replied, and then the two laughed quietly.

“I would have to say, you’re very different from other girls that I’ve tried courting. So what made me appeared diverse to you was probably me getting to slowly know you. As you can see, it’s quite a bit of difficulty to make friends right away like Ukwon. I’m never the capable type to jump out and throw myself at anyone. But you, somehow you made me do it,” Zico answered in all righteousness, and Ren stopped her tracks to face him.

“Tch, I’ve seen those girls hang around you,” Ren said, as she jerked a laugh. “Hey, they threw their selves on me. I didn’t do anything,” Zico replied, and Ren shrugged. “Sure, that’s what all the guys say,” she responded with arrogance, and Zico chortled.

“Do you not trust me?” Zico asked, and Ren gaped at him. “Do you trust me?” She asked him back, and Zico pursed his lips together. “If I didn’t trust you, would I have not spilled my honesty?” He answered. “Same goes for you too. If I didn’t trust you, I wouldn’t have been hanging out with you today, right?” Ren replied, and Zico gurgled.

“You know, at first I thought you were just a jerk. Well, more like a teacher’s pet, up to the school. I guess judging before knowing should never be done,” Zico said, and Ren lowered her head.

“You should keep going on with that thinking, Jiho. I am nothing but a jerk. Have a goodnight, and be safe. Thanks for the walk,” Ren said, and then walked up to her home.

Zico was speechless, as he didn’t know what he said to make Ren turn cold. She was just giggling and smiling to his self-confidence, and then with a judgmental statement, Ren changed to being the same Chae Ji Ren again. Seriously, were there more secrets behind the doors of Ren’s house that Zico doesn’t know?

 

“Did you see the huge black eye on Ren’s face? I saw her hanging with Zico last night. I bet he did that to her,” whispers roamed through the halls, as Ren and Zico sat in the principal’s office once again.

“Ji Ren-ssi, is something going on between you and Jiho?” The principal asked, and Ren kept shut.

Zico gawked over at her, and noticed her hands gripping tightly onto her skirt. Something must’ve happened last night when Ren went home, and Zico had forgotten to stay and witness. His heart broke at the sight of Ren’s freshly purple and blue colored bruised eye.

“Nothing is going on, sir. As you can see here, rumors will always spread, just because Miss Chae and I have disagreements. Seriously sir, Miss Chae and I have been slowly getting along. Plus, couldn’t you just take notice that maybe Miss Chae might’ve gotten into an accident herself? My mother was bruised once on the face, caused by her clumsiness running through a glass door. My father was accused, but everyone had eyes to see that it was just a calamity. Therefore, I beg of you to stop listening to the rumors around, and just sit here for Miss Chae and my Friday reports,” Zico spoke up, and Ren looked at him with shockingly wide eyes.

“I-I-I’m sorry, Jiho-ssi. Maybe I should have been more careful, and thought about accidents being caused first. You two may be excused,” the principal said, as he was thrown off by Zico’s explanation.

After walking out of the office to an empty hallway, Ren tugged onto Zico’s jacket and bowed.

“Th-th-thanks for back having my back there,” Ren thanked him, and Zico snickered. “No problem. We are friends afterall. I have your back, as you also have mine. That’s all that should matter, right?” Zico replied, and Ren’s glistening eyes gazed at him.

“That black eye is pretty bad. We should get you an eye patch, and see if anyone would spread a rumor saying that you’re a pirate,” Zico joked, and Ren let out a tiny chuckle. “I…” Ren stopped herself, as she lowered her head. “Hm?” Zico looked at her. “How about we work on those Friday reports?” Ren asked, and Zico nodded his head with a huge grin.

Ukwon witnessed everything from afar, and smiled to seeing the girl he likes, and his close friend getting along. Somehow, something wasn’t making sense to him. Zico seemed to be a little too close with Ren, which is driving Ukwon to question himself.

Are they just getting close, so the rumors would stop?

Is Zico still planning to hurt Ren, as it still seems so?

Why is Ren giving up so easily, and being friends with Zico?

Every question that pops up are unanswered, as he can’t just walk up to the two and asked them directly either. For Ren’s sake though, Ukwon was going to watch out for Zico, incase he might just have that dirty plan he had announced.

“Ren, are you not at all hungry?” Ukwon asked, as he plopped next to her in the library. “I just ate moments ago,” she answered. “What? I never see you eat,” Ukwon said, and Ren giggled. “Don’t worry, I’m not anorexic, okay? I really did have lunch,” Ren replied, and Ukwon smiled.

“Can I help you?” Ren asked, after noticing Ukwon’s eyes gazing at her. “Well, you can help me by having lunch with me,” Ukwon answered, and Ren chuckled at him. “Yah, what are you and Jiho made of? So much for the lame cheesy pick up lines,” Ren said, and Ukwon laughed inaudibly.

“Is that what you see me and Zico do?” Ukwon asked, and Ren nods her head. “Well, I’m not like that,” he replied, and Ren chortled. “I’m really busy right now, Ukwon. Maybe some other time, we’ll have lunch together,” Ren told him, and Ukwon pursed his lips together in melancholy.

“Ren, you’re always overworking yourself. Aren’t you ever tired?” Ukwon asked, and Ren shook her head. “I don’t get tired,” she answered, and plainly smiled at him.

Ukwon heaved a sigh, as the black eye was worse than the scar that has been slowly healing. He managed to move his hand up to touch Ren’s bruise, but she glanced away quickly.

“Aren’t you hungry?” Ren asked, trying not to make eye contact with him. “Not anymore, since someone won’t go eat with me,” Ukwon answered childishly, and Ren chuckled. “You better go eat if you’re hungry. Or else that stomach of yours will hurt,” she told him, and Ukwon shrugged.

“Well, I’m done with my research in the library. I’m leaving to the copy machine room now. If you’re going to hangout here, have fun,” Ren said, and then leaves. “Wait, I’ll help you,” Ukwon offered, but Ren shook her head. “I’ll be fine. As for you, go eat,” she replied, and Ukwon gurgled as he watched Ren walking away.

When Ren reached the copying machine room, she coincidently ran into Zico. They both greeted each other, and Zico walked inside after her.

“What are you using the copying machine for?” Zico asked her curiously. “To print out a couple of my notes. I have to prepare myself for exams, so yeah,” Ren answered, and Zico broke into a tiny laughter. “You’re so full of school,” he joked, and Ren smiled.

“What are you doing here?” Ren asked Zico this time. “Oh, I’m here to copy a couple of Kyung’s flyer for his solo stage at the café I took you last night,” he answered, and Ren gave him a shocking look. “Kyung is a singer?” Ren asked, and Zico cackled. “He’s a rapper like me,” Zico replied, and Ren laughed at her silly mistake.

“Sorry, I didn’t know,” Ren apologized, and Zico shook his head. “It’s fine, I should’ve explained before you guessed,” he responded, and the two laughed once again.

The copying machine room got completely silent after the laughter, and both Ren and Zico didn’t stare at each other after a while. It became a bit awkward for them two, as Ren and Zico had no subject to bring up. Though, Zico soon asked about Ren’s black eye.

“So…I remember sending you home safely. How is it that, you had a black eye?” Zico asked, and the aura inside got tense. Ren didn’t face Zico, as she bit her bottom lip. “I…I…I ran into my bathroom door late at night,” Ren answered, but Zico knew it wasn’t true.

Zico knew that Ren would lie, as she didn’t want him to know. Then again, Zico was hurt to comprehend that Ren didn’t trust him. However, it shouldn’t matter that Ren doesn’t believe him, right? The two did have their arguments and fought. So why would Zico be dependable for Ren’s awareness?

“Yah, why are you so clumsy? Is it because you didn’t turn the lights on, and quickly sped to the bathroom?” Zico tried to joke, and Ren cackled at his lame questions. “Mm, I was in a hurry. When you gotta go, you gotta go, right? Haha…” Ren laughed, but Zico saw that Ren was lying.

He can read the pain all over her.

“Well, if you’re not busy next Thursday, how about you join me and the guys for Kyung’s solo stage? The drinks would be free,” Zico quickly changed the subject, and Ren gaped at him. “You’re inviting me?” Ren asked, and Zico nodded his head. “We’re friends afterall, so do join. It’ll be fun, trust me,” he answered, and then hands Ren a copy of the flyer.

Ren reads the flyer, and then faces Zico to be greeted with a smile.

“Even though Kyung is having his solo stage, there’s going to be a secret group that will perform after,” Zico told Ren. “A group?” Ren asked, and Zico nodded his head. “Just come by, and you’ll see. Unless you have to work,” he answered, and Ren chuckled. “I’ll be there, just you watch me,” she replied, and Zico smirked.

“You know, I never thought that I’d be inviting a nerd like you to one of these things. However, you seem suitable,” Zico said and Ren chortled. “Well, I didn’t know that a hot shot like you could rap such emo songs,” Ren teased, and Zico burst into laughter.

“I’ll get you back,” he said, and Ren giggled. “Whatever,” Ren replied, as she rolled her eyes at him and exits out of the copying machine room.

 

As soon as after school arrived, Tami and her little gang were out by the gates waiting for the guys again. The ladies sent Ren death glares, but greeted the guys with loving smiles. Ukwon wanted to puke, but Zico brushed them off.

“Oppa, what are we doing today?” Tami asked, as she quickly linked arms with Zico. He pulled away from her, and scoffed at her annoying presence. “I’m busy today. So you guys can hangout and do whatever,” Zico told the guys, as he ignored Tami.

“Zico oppa, where did you and that girl go to yesterday? You just stormed off with her. Did you hurt her on your own? Everyone gossiped saying that you gave her that bruise. Is it true? Is that why—“

Before finishing her sentence, Zico quickly grabs Tami by her collar and pins her against the brick wall.

“Zico, watch it!” His friends alerted him, but Zico’s hand was around Tami’s neck. He was nearly choking her by now. “Zico, you’re hurting her!” BBomb shouted, and quickly pulled Zico back off of Tami. She started coughing heavily, as her right hand slowly caressed her neck.

“Don’t you dare try and say that I had went out there cheaply, and hurt Ren. She’s a friend of mine, and you better start respecting her,” Zico blurted out, and then brushes BBomb off of him.

Everyone stared at Zico in shock, as he walked away fixing his jacket on. Tami was confused, as she thought Zico hated Ren for humiliating him. Did Ren cast some black magic spells on Zico or something, as questions wandered inside Tami’s head. She was definitely confused, and needed answers.

“What has gotten into Zico?” Rinah asked, and the guys shrugged without an answer. “I think he’s came to his senses,” Ukwon answered, as a smile spread across his face. “What do you mean by that? He almost killed Tami,” Kyung said, and Ukwon glanced at his friend.

“You’ll know one day, Kyung,” Ukwon replied, and then walked away from the gang.


 

Check out my shop, if ya want a poster like my poster here! XDD BITTER MONSTROSITY

HOW WAS THIS UPDATE?! I hope you all like the change in Zico. I just love my baby Zizi a lot. :3

I'M SO GLAD THAT HE'S BACK! XDD

And EvoL's debut is DAEBAK! Also, PHANTOM's comeback is AWESOME!!!!

I now wait on B.o.M :DD