11;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

It was the day of Zico’s birthday, and Ren had his eyes blindfolded. They were riding on a bus somewhere, and Ren wouldn’t let Zico know.

“So when will I get to see my present?” Zico whined anxiously, and Ren pinched his left arm. “If you’re not going to be patient, I’ll leave home,” she replies, and Zico shuts up quickly.

When the bus came to a stop, Ren slowly guides Zico the way. Squeezing onto Ren’s hand tightly, Zico was very excited. No one has ever tried surprising him anything in ages, so just what does Ren had in mind?

“Jjang~!” Ren pulls off the blindfold, and reveals Zico’s present to him.

Eyes widened with his jaw dropped, Zico was astonished.

“Like it?” Ren questioned, as she started digging inside her bag. “Like it? Ren, I love it!” Zico cheered, as he carried Ren up and spun her around.

Ren had taken Zico to the secret hideout he had shown her. Plus, Ren decorated the place using Christmas light bulbs hanging on the trees, a random picnic blanket laying on the ground with a cake sitting on there. Varieties of foods were sitting around the cake, and utensils were added too, of course.

“Okay, okay, now put me down,” Ren told her jolly boyfriend, and he cackled. “Thank you so much!” Zico hugged her, and Ren smiled.

“Now go stand by the decorations, so I can take a picture of you,” Ren joyfully instructs her boyfriend, and Zico nodded his head.

Posing randomly to how he feels like, Ren would snap his photos. Zico even once snatched the Polaroid camera out of Ren’s hands, and took pictures of her too.

“So, can I eat my cake now?” Zico asked, after he and Ren finished the food around the cake. “First, I’m going to light up the candle, wish you a happy birthday, and then you have to make a wish. Afterwards, you will be able to eat it,” Ren explained.

“What? I’m not going to feel hungry for it later then,” he whined like a child. “Fine then, I should just eat it myself,” Ren said, and Zico pulled the cake up close to him. “No!” He snapped, and Ren laughed.

Ren took the lighter out and lighted the candle up. She clapped her hands two times, and then sang Zico the birthday song. Seeing her giving him a blissful smile, Zico’s heart couldn’t be happier.

She was the one.

“Okay, now make a wish,” Ren said, after she got done singing. “I told you that you can sing,” Zico muttered, and Ren blushed.

Zico now closed his eyes, as he made a wish. Ren would snap photos of him, and when Zico opened his right eye to peek at her, she would giggle.

“You’re very sneaky,” he joked, and then blew out his candle. “Yay! Now your wish will forever come true,” Ren clapped, as she took out a plastic knife and started to cut the cake.

“Pabo,” Zico muttered under his breath. “Tch,” Ren snickered, as she gave Zico a slice of his own cake. “So, will these lights come on later at night?” Zico questioned about the Christmas lights. “I don’t know. It’s just for decorations,” Ren answered.

“What? How boring,” he mumbled, and Ren punches his left arm. “Yah! I worked hard,” she pouted at him, and Zico chortled. “I’m just kidding,” he smiled, and Ren turned away.

“So do I get my special birthday kiss?” Zico asked, as he scooted closer to Ren. “What? There’s no such thing,” Ren replied, as she continued on eating her piece of cake.

“But I’m the birthday boy. I should at least receive a kiss from my girlfriend,” Zico gave her the cute puppy eyes. “You have more than what a girlfriend can do for you. So a kiss wouldn’t matter,” Ren replied with irritation.

“It’s my birthday though,” he repeated once again. “You’re not that special,” she responded with sarcasm. “Okay, if I wasn’t so special, why am I the only one here?” Zico questioned. “Because you didn’t want anyone to know about this place,” Ren answered.

Zico pursed his lips together, and Ren laughed at him.

“Who’s the pabo now?” Ren boyfriend. “Yah! You’re so mean to me,” Zico muttered gloomily. “I never said that I was nice,” she gave a smart remark. “Tsk, one week into dating you, and you’re already bullying me,” Zico said, and Ren giggled.

Swiftly, Ren puts her plate down on the picnic blanket, and grabbed Zico’s face. Pulling him up close to hers, both their lips tasted each other. Zico’s eyes were shocked at first, and then later on, he moved along with the kiss.

“Happy now?” Ren spoke with their lips still attached. “Not quite yet,” Zico teasingly said, as he wrapped both arms around her. “Jiho,” Ren laughed out his name, as Zico playfully planted lots of kisses on her lips.

“I,” kiss, “really,” kiss, “like,” kiss, “you,” kiss, “Ren,” Zico kisses her again, as he just couldn’t stop himself. “Okay lover boy, I get it,” she giggled with her face blushing like great madness.

 

“No! I won this round,” Kyung shouted at his hyungs, as he grabbed the poker chips. “You didn’t win! Stop cheating,” Jaehyo yelled at him. “I got full house,” Kyung showed his friend’s the cards in his hand.

“Stop fighting already, you two. Taeil, deal again,” BBomb tried shutting the boys up. “Kids,” Taeil muttered, as Jaehyo and Kyung argued louder.

Ukwon didn’t join with the boys on a game for poker, as he paid much more attention at the fighting game he played. However, his head was not in the game, and every time when he’d lose, Ukwon would let out a loud growl.

“Kwon-ah, you okay?” BBomb asked, as he came up and checked his friend. “I’m fine,” Ukwon answered irately, as he soon pounded the game with his fist.

BBomb jumped aback by his friend’s sudden action, as he’s never seen Ukwon this angry. The only time Ukwon is ever mad, is when one of the guys’ ends up in the hospital. Possibly, Ukwon isn’t over the fact that Ren and Zico are dating.

“Hey, want to play a game of DDR?” BBomb questioned, as it usually calms down the angry Ukwon. “Thanks friend, but I rather just play this fighting game for now,” Ukwon gave out a reply.

“Hi all!” Tami greeted the boys with her beaming inner self. “Yo, yo! It’s Tami,” Kyung whistled, and she smirked. “So? Where is birthday boy?” Tami asked, as her eyes scanned in the arcade room for Zico.

“You don’t know?” Jaehyo asked. “Don’t know what?” Tami questioned back. “He’s dating Ren,” Kyung blurted. “W-w-what?!” She was shocked at this. “I guess you didn’t know, eh?” Taeil queried, and the bags which Tami had carried, dropped.

“Where are they?” She spoke angrily through her gritted her teeth. “Why?” Ukwon got up from his seat and asked. “What do you mean ‘why’? This isn’t fair! He liked me!” Tami shouted at Ukwon.

 “He never liked you,” Ukwon replied. “Ukwon,” BBomb tried to hold back his friend. “What are you saying? He does like me! Zico always only hung out with me, not with any other girls!” She yelled loudly.

“Tami-ssi, you’re making a scene. Please lower your tone,” Kyung tried calming her down. “I don’t give a flying ! Zico was into me,” Tami pointed at herself. “He was never interested,” Ukwon responded straight up with no emotions being shown.

“What are you saying? What do you mean? No! This isn’t real. He’s just using Ren, and I know it. I remember when Zico said that he’s going to hurt Ren, because he wanted to get her back for what she’s done. He’s not into her!” Tami was all in denial, as she didn’t believe anything.

“But Zico changed after they had dated,” Jaehyo answered, and Tami heatedly kicks the chair by BBomb. “He’s still the same Zico!” And with that, Tami stormed out of the arcade with tears running down her face.

Crying in disbelief that Zico is dating Ren, Tami just couldn’t come to accept it. The times Zico would put his arms around her shoulder, hug her, and kiss her forehead; Tami knew that he liked her. Ren is nothing. Zico isn’t into her, and Tami isn’t going to accept it.

 

“Ahhh, so the lights do come on!” Zico was amazed at the colorful lights flashing. “You’re lame,” Ren rolled her eyes, and Zico laughed.

Gently pulling Ren over to his embrace, Zico wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. As the two watched the beautiful city, Ren and Zico didn’t move an inch. It was a great day for the two. Plus, Ren was happy to have found a guy like Zico, a person whom she could trust.

“I wish that the time can just stop right now, so that we can stay like this forever,” Zico said, as he slowly rocked Ren from side to side. “Hmph, you are too romantic,” Ren giggled.

“What? Can I not be romantic with my girlfriend? Ren, I’ll romantically give you the greatest love no man will ever give you,” Zico confessed. “Psh. I doubt that you can,” Ren teased, and Zico squinted his eyes at her.

“Don’t make me tickle you again,” he said, and Ren chortled. “I was just teasing, sheesh!” She replied, and Zico lightly knocks his head on Ren’s.

The lover birds stayed together for two more hours, and then started to pack up when the wind got colder. Taking Ren back home, Zico thanked Ren for the special birthday.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Zico said. “Mm,” Ren nodded her head, as she gave her boyfriend a hug. “Call me if you need anything,” he tells her, and Ren chuckled.

When she reached inside her home, Ren saw her father staring her down with anger. She showed no fear like always, and politely bowed at him with a greeting.

“So is this how you do it? Go to school and hang out with lowlife thugs?” Her father asked. “He’s not a lowlife thug,” Ren defended Zico. “Oh really now? Don’t tell me you’re in love. Haha!” Her father was drunk again, and Ren despised it.

“Young love, what do you know? He’ll just drag you down into your studies. Do you want your mother to be disappointed in you?” Ren’s father asked, as his voice grew louder.

“Mother supports me. She was the one who advised me to date the guy,” Ren answered honestly, but her father scoffed. “You’re such a liar,” he replied. “I’m not lying,” Ren retorted.

Forgetting to stay back and make sure his princess wouldn’t get a beating, Zico was jollily skipping home with happiness filled inside. Though Zico never really got serious with anyone, he knew that Ren is the first.

Zico couldn’t stop, but play the images in his head of him and Ren’s puppy love. He would get butterfly in his stomach, as he thought of how he hugged Ren and kisses her too.

A fist came charging up at Ren’s left jaw, as she flew flying down on the ground. Clenching both fists tightly, Ren tried her best not to fight back. This is her father, and it wouldn’t be any good.

Suddenly, a throbbing pain came stabbing her on the ribs, as Ren’s father gave her a hard kick. He pulled Ren up by her hair, and slapped her hard across the face.

“Do you want your future to end? I don’t like what you’re doing! Stop dating that thug this instant!” Ren’s father yelled, but she gave no answer.

Another blow came at Ren, and she was sent down on the floor once more. Blood came spitting out of Ren’s mouth, as she couldn’t bear the pain any longer.

“I can’t believe that you’re going to give up your life for this boy! He’ll just ruin your life, don’t you understand?” Her drunken father started to cry, acting as if he knew her.

Ren was laying on the floor on her stomach, as she listened to her father’s cries. It wasn’t the first that her father scolded her about life, and who not to date or marry. He often cries over a thing that needn’t to be cried over, as Ren barely cares anymore.

“You were a mistake to this family. You were never to be born! If I never gotten your mother pregnant, my life wouldn’t be this miserable!” It wasn’t the first time Ren heard this, and heart just laughed.

Ren remembered when she used to be so crushed by the words, but after hearing it so much, she didn’t feel the pain anymore.

“Zico-ssi,” Tami called out to him, as he stood at the block around his home. “Tami?” Zico’s mind about Ren flushed away quickly. “You’re not seriously dating Ren, are you?” She questioned him.

“Why does it matter to you, if I am or not?” Zico asked with annoyance. “Did I do something wrong?” Tami queried, and Zico raised an eyebrow at her.

“Tami, we’re just friends,” he blurted out to her. “No,” Tami said with disbelief, as she didn’t want to accept that. “Yes, we are. I like Ren, okay?” Zico told her truthfully.

“It’s not true. You’re lying!” She crazily shouted, and Zico rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry Tami, but I never saw you in my future,” Zico straightforwardly said, and then brushed past her.

After Ren’s father had disappeared out the door, she slowly took her cellphone out. Scrolling down on her contacts, Ren was close enough to dial Zico’s number. However, she decided to contact Ukwon instead.

“Hello?” Ukwon quickly answered, as he picked up Ren’s call. “I…meet me by the riverbank when we first met,” Ren requested, and then hung up.

Thrown off by what Ren wanted, Ukwon then grabbed his jacket and left his bedroom quickly. When his brother asked him where he was heading to, Ukwon just replied about meeting a friend, and disappeared out the door.

When Ukwon got to the riverbank, Ren was nowhere to be found. Was she just playing him? Ukwon got impatient, as he would pace back and forth. Suddenly, he heard footsteps behind him shuffling on the grass, and Ukwon turned around to face a covered up Ren.

“Are you that cold?” Ukwon questioned with worry, as he saw Ren being wrapped with a huge scarf around her neck. “I have…something to tell you,” her voice was rather weaker than usual, and Ukwon grew extremely worried.

Sitting down on the bench, Ren gulped. Ukwon was playing with his fingers, anxious as to what he was going to hear.

“Please don’t tell Zico,” Ren pleaded, and Ukwon looked at her confusedly. “Promise?” Ren asked, as she slowly faced him. “I promise,” Ukwon raised a hand up.

Slowly unwrapping the scarf around her neck, Ren showed off her newly bruised face to Ukwon. He gasped aloud, and felt his entire body shook.

“All my life growing up, I’ve been beaten up by my father,” Ren told him. “What?” Ukwon was shocked to hear this. “Ever since my mother was placed in the hospital, and my father lost his job, he started to put his anger out on me,” she continued explaining.

“Why didn’t you report it to the cops? Ren, you being abused is unacceptable!” Ukwon bellowed, and Ren heaved a sigh. “I can’t put my own father in jail,” Ren replied, but Ukwon scoffed.

“I can’t believe this. Is he the one who gave you the bruises from before, when we ditched?” Ukwon questioned, and Ren nodded her head. “Oh my god,” Ukwon started to shake his head.

“Please, don’t tell Zico,” Ren pleaded; as she started wrap herself with the scarf. “Why not? He’s your boyfriend, Ren. You have to tell him,” Ukwon said, as much as he didn’t want to admit it.

“I don’t want his liking for me to turn into pity. I’ve received too much sympathy, and I rather not have Zico give it to me,” she answered. “But with you hiding it from him, what will you answer him when he asks?” Ukwon wondered.

“I’ll just make up a lie. He wouldn’t know,” Ren answered, and Ukwon shook his head. “You can’t always keep lying to him. Ren, you’re both dating. You have to tell him someday,” Ukwon said, and Ren shook her head.

“I can’t tell him. He can’t know. Plus, I’m only telling you, because you’re the one who I trust most. Please Ukwon, hide this with me. I don’t want Zico to worry. If he ever asks, I need your help to lie with me,” Ren was begging, and Ukwon never thought he’d come to see this.

His heart cried at how hurt Ren was, and Ukwon gently pulled Ren into his arms. Ren started to weep, as Ukwon comforted her.

“I promise not to say a word,” Ukwon said, and pats Ren’s back.

When Zico reached inside his room, he looked at the Polaroid pictures he and Ren had taken. Smiling to himself gradually, Zico pinned each photo on his bare wall.

“I must be the luckiest man on earth,” Zico whispered to himself, as he looked at Ren’s beautiful smile.

A knock came at his bedroom door, and Zico opened it to reveal a maid telling him to go downstairs for a birthday dinner. He agreed, and left to dine with his family.

“Jiho is feeling a bit too blissful,” his older brother teased. “It’s my birthday, what can I say?” Zico replied back with a happy smile planted on his face, as Ren came across his mind.



 

I KNOW, I FORGOT TO UPDATE. 

I've been getting caught up with parties and other stories. ROFL!

But I hope you all enjoyed this update.

MORE DRAMAS ARE COMING, like I had said. 

Please...DON'T KILL ME! >_<

i love you all, my dinosaurs! XDD