04;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

Ren sat alone in the library again, as she studied quietly to herself. Luckily with no one around, Ren decided to take a quick nap, as she was tired.

“Heart is hurt~” Zico sang a bit, as he hummed to the tune afterwards, as he walked around the aisle inside the library. He tried his best to not be loud, as he hung out inside. Suddenly, he spots Ren napping at a table alone.

“So much for studying, tch,” Zico whispered, as he slowly made his towards the knocked out Ren.

Right when he was going to shake her shoulders and wake Ren up, Zico saw a bit of the bruises behind Ren’s back. Although Ren’s hair was blocking quite a bit of her back, Zico still saw through the openings.

He lightly brushed Ren’s hair out of the way, and silently sighed to himself when he saw the green and blue colored marks. The purple color was slowly fading away, as you can only see the two green and blue colors. Which meant that Ren’s bruises were healing slowly.

Zico rubbed his head, as he took a seat next to Ren. He sat there and watched her sleep, and for some reason, Ren didn’t look like the class representative in class who is quiet. She also didn’t look like the Ren who kicked Zico off his chair.

Ren looked like a porcelain doll, which looked peacefully in her sleep. A porcelain doll that cannot be broken, or else hell would be loose. Zico observed Ren’s poorly beaten face, which is slowly healing.

Somewhere inside Zico’s heart, it started to ache. He’s never once felt weak for a person who beats him up, but after witnessing Ren getting beat up, Zico felt remorse for trying to plot something up for Ren. He didn’t know that she had to deal with such crisis at home almost everyday.

The bell rang finally, and Zico shot up from his seat, and lightly tapped the sleepy Ren.

“Hmm?” Ren shuffled a bit, as she shot her head up. “Get up lazy ,” Zico murmured, and then exits out of the library. “The heck was that all about?” Ren asked herself, but then shrugged it off and exits out of the library also.

When Ren reached homeroom, she bumped into Ukwon at the door, and both smiled at sincere one at each other. Of course Zico witnessed that, but he ignored them. It was quite weird to see Ren smiling at a point, as she’s trying so hard to hide her scars.

“How are you today?” Ukwon asked Ren, as he strikes a tiny conversation. “I’m good, just a little tired. You?” Ren answered, and then asks back a question. “I’m good too, but probably am going to sleep in class,” Ukwon answered, and Ren shook her head.

“So are you ready for another round of fun, when lunch comes along?” Ukwon asked, and Ren quickly sat down on her seat. “I’m fine for today. Thanks for the offer,” Ren answered, and then opened her textbooks.

Ukwon plainly nodded his head, and then headed towards his seat. As he sat on his seat by the window, Ukwon watched from Ren’s back and worriedly let out a sigh. Why would she reject him today?

“Yah, are you into Ren?” Kyung whispered to Ukwon. “What? I’m just friends with her,” Ukwon answered, denying his feelings to his friend. “If you like her, go for it,” Zico muttered, and Ukwon’s eyes widened in shock.

Did he just hear Zico say something that he’d thought he’d never hear?

“But Z, you hate her and didn’t even want me near her in the beginning,” Ukwon said, and Zico turned his gaze at Ukwon. “Do I control your life and feelings?” Zico asked, and Ukwon shook his head. “Then go for it,” Zico said, and Ukwon raised an eyebrow confusedly at his buddy.

“Yah, did you hit your head somewhere?” Kyung asked, as he touched Zico’s head. “I’m fine,” Zico answered, as he brushed off Kyung’s hand.

As soon as the teacher walked in, the students went to their studying, as Zico and Ukwon’s eyes remained on their quiet Class Representative Chae Ji Ren.

 

Lunchtime arrived quicker than everyone had thought, and cheered loudly when the bell rang. Ren grabbed her backpack, as she walked out of homeroom silently. Ukwon and Zico somehow got to try and follow Ren, but as soon as the two friends noticed their same directions, both chuckled at each other.

Ren disappeared afterwards, and the boys just walked to the canteen together with Kyung. Meeting up with their other friends, the six boys hung out and chatted.

Sitting alone in the backside of the gym, Ren ate her packed lunch alone. She took her time eating, as she was quietly reading to herself with a book in her right hand.

After scanning through a couple pages, Ren rubbed her tired eyes and closed the book. She looked up to the sky, and saw how gloomy it was.

“Hopefully it doesn’t rain. I forgot to bring an umbrella,” Ren mumbled to herself, and sighed at the grey skies.

“Do you guys think it’s going to rain?” BBomb asked, as he looked out the window from inside the canteen. “The news said it was just going to be cloudy,” Jaehyo answered, and BBomb shrugged. “News are liars,” Taeil mumbled, as he munched on his food.

“’I’m sure that it’s going to rain. The clouds are dark as the roads,” Zico said, and the guys peeked outside altogether without Zico. “I see a huge rain cloud heading our way,” Kyung replied, as he pointed at a dark grey cloud.

“Thank god I brought my umbrella for incase,” Taeil said, and smiled at his friends. “You mean your mom packed it for you?” Kyung teased, and Taeil threw a sandwich piece at his friend who laughed aloud.

“Hey guys, Ren is coming towards our way,” Jaehyo said, as he tapped Zico’s food tray. Ukwon smiled at her, and Zico just looked at Ren with a poker face. However, she walked passed their table, and walked to the table behind them instead.

“Hayana, here’s your revised essay. You’ve done a better job than the last time, and I hope you pass,” Ren smiled at the female student who sat with two girls. “Oh, thank you very much Ji Ren unnie,” the girl Hayana thanked Ren with a huge smile.

“No problem,” Ren replied, and exited out of the canteen.

“I thought she was going to come and beat up Zico,” BBomb murmured, and Zico glared at his friend. “Yah, don’t joke around like that. I don’t want to be in deep again,” Zico said, and the guys laughed at him.

“I do want to see Ren kick your . It must’ve been funny,” Jaehyo said, and Zico sulked in. The guys laughed some more, as Zico clenched a fist tightly. “You’re all ,” he muttered before exiting the canteen.

“Something is wrong with Zico lately, don’t you all think so?” Ukwon asked, after he stopped laughing. “He’s been trying hard to look good in front of the principal with Ren, so of course he’d be acting weird,” Kyung answered, and Ukwon chuckled.

“Ah, Woo Jiho-ssi, Friday is coming up. Do you and Ren have the reports ready?” The principal asked, and Zico nodded his head. “It’ll be reported to you soon, sir!” Zico answered with a cheerful smile, as he was totally faking it.

Zico walked away afterwards, and ran into Ren coincidently. She looked at him with an eyebrow raised, and Zico smiled at Ren.

“Hi buddy!” He greeted her, and Ren rolled her eyes as she looked at Zico. “What’s gotten into you?” Ren asked, and Zico shrugged. “Oh you know, just trying to be friends with you,” Zico answered, and Ren snickered.

“Look, Woo Jiho. Just leave me alone, because I have no time to for your dumb lies,” Ren replied, and continued her way to homeroom. “Why are you pushing me away, but easily being friends with my buddy Ukwon?” Zico asked, and Ren chuckled.

“Because he’s not a fake like you,” Ren answered, and Zico hissed. “I’m not fake,” Zico whined, and Ren sighed at him. “Look, if you just want to talk about the report, just lie that we’ve been hanging out during lunch or something. You can even add that we studied together or some . It’s easy enough,” Ren replied, and Zico shook his head.

“I wasn’t looking for you to talk about the reports. Heck, I wasn’t even looking for you at all. I was heading towards the bathroom, and just ran into you. So stop assuming that I do actually want to hangout with you,” Zico snapped, and Ren chortled.

“Now this is the Woo Jiho I know,” Ren said, and Zico tilted his head to the side confusedly. “So you like it when I’m mad?” Zico asked, and Ren shook her head.

Suddenly, the bell rang loudly as the sign of lunch being over. Ren made her way to homeroom first, and Zico ran to the boys’ restroom. Although their meetings are always so awkward and weird, Zico just wants to have a normal conversation with Ren.

 

“Aish, why does it have to rain? Stupid fake news!” Students murmured around, as the rain poured down hard.

Ren stood inside the campus, as she reached her hand out to touch the pouring rain. It was raining harder than she had thought, and flinched at the sound of the loud thunder.

“Thank goodness I’m not working tonight,” Ren mumbled to herself, and breathed lightly.

Right when Ren stepped out of campus to feel the rain downpour on her, she felt nothing. Ren looked up, and saw that an umbrella was covering over her head. She followed the trace of a hand, and saw Zico holding a dark blue umbrella over them.

“Is it cool if I walk you home? Besides, principal is peeking out his window. Give him a small wave,” Zico muttered, as he waved to the principal. Ren waved also, but then stomped off. “Yah!” Zico shouted, as he chased after Ren.

“What are you? Stop following me. It’s pretty annoying,” Ren muttered, as she crossed her arms at him. “What? I’m being a gentleman here,” Zico replied, and Ren scoffed.

“Gentleman my ,” Ren mumbled, and Zico chuckled. “It’s raining hard, and you didn’t have an umbrella. I’m just here to guide you home safely, so you won’t get wet,” Zico explained, and Ren glared at him.

“I’m just being—“

“Zico oppa, what are you doing?” Tami asked, as she interrupted Zico and Ren. “Hmph, your girlfriend is here,” Ren said to Zico, as she pushed him away. “Ren,” Zico called to her, but Ren walked off in the rain.

“Didn’t you hate her?” Tami asked, and Zico sighed. “Zico, are we hanging out at the usual today?” Taeil asked from behind, and Zico stood in silence watching Ren walking away in the rain.

“I’m busy today!” Zico shouted, as he left everyone and followed after Ren. “Where are you going?” Tami asked, but Zico had already stormed off. “Looks like he’s going after Ren,” BBomb answered, and scratched his head.

“Maybe Zico took an interest in her,” Kyung teased, and Tami punched him hard on the arm. “Zico will never like her. I bet he’s trying to play her,” Tami said out of jealousy, and Ukwon snickered at her attitude.

“Or maybe Zico is into her,” Ukwon retorted, as he hated Tami’s personality. Tami gave Ukwon a long stare, as she sneered. “I don’t care what you say, but last time I remember, Zico was trying to hurt that ugly . Therefore, he can just be planning this entire thing,” Tami replied, and Ukwon jerked a laugh.

“You’re ridiculous,” Ukwon said, and walked off with the guys following him. “Tami unnie, Ukwon oppa seems like he likes that girl Ren,” Rinah mumbled, and Tami shot a glare at her friend. “Don’t say that. He’s just confused,” Tami replied, and stomped away.

“Go away, Jiho,” Ren still tried to push Zico away. “I’m not leaving until you’re dry cleaned all the way home,” Zico replied, and Ren stopped her tracks to face him.

The two stared at each other for a while, and the aura got awkward.

“Ren, I just want to make truce. Be friends with you for real,” Zico said, as he broke the awkward silence and pulled his left hand out of his pocket to shake Ren’s. “Truce with me? Don’t be friends with a girl like me,” Ren replied, as she didn’t bother to shake Zico’s hand.

However, Ren didn’t get far. Zico grabbed Ren’s wrist, and he felt her flinch a bit. The thunder roared loudly, and Zico thought that maybe she shook in fear because of that. Ren winced a bit, and then Zico gently released her wrist.

“Are you alright?” Zico asked worriedly, as he was scared that he had hurt her. “Don’t touch me again,” Ren warned him with daggers shooting out of her eyes at Zico.

“I’m sorry,” Zico apologized, and Ren didn’t want to believe this act of Zico’s. He was so bipolar to her, and it was creeping Ren out. “Just leave me alone,” Ren said, but Zico quickly blocked her path.

“Why is that you can chat with Ukwon freely, but not me? Am I not a gentleman like him? I’m trying very hard to be a friend. It’s not for the principal and school anymore. I swear, Ren. Let’s be friends,” Zico was pleading hard, and Ren squinted her eyes at him.

“Are you really Woo Jiho?” Ren asked, and Zico rolled his eyes. “How about we go and talk somewhere, yeah? I’ll prove it to you that I’m not the jerk I was just days ago. I really want to be friends with you,” Zico begged, and Ren saw the pleading in Zico’s eyes.

It was easy to resist, as Ren isn’t going to fall for it. However, she didn’t work today, and it might be better to stay out than go home to a hell of horror.

“Fine, I’ll go with you, but this doesn’t mean we are friends,” Ren agreed, and Zico grinned. “Trust me, after this hangout, we will be friends,” Zico said, and Ren shrugged.

Zico led Ren to a café looking restaurant, and was greeted by lots. Ren smiled at the people who Zico would greet, as Zico introduces Ren to them.

“Hanhae hyung, basement please,” Zico said, and Ren looked at Zico confusedly.

‘Basement?’ Ren asked herself, as she was slightly confused by Zico’s request.

Hanhae smiled at what Zico said, and took them both to the back room. Zico looked at Ren with an assuring smile, and Ren gave him a small smile in return. Hanhae opened a colored green door, which was in the far back of the room.

“You’ll like it there than upstairs here,” Hanhae told Ren, and she just slightly nodded her head at him. “Thanks hyung,” Zico thanked the guy, and then opened the door.

Soft jazz music played, as Zico and Ren walked downstairs. Ren observed the room quickly, and smiled at the soft music playing. There were mostly adults down in the basement drinking alcohol beverages, and Ren felt like she and Zico were the only teenagers there.

Ren also saw how popular Zico was, as lots of ladies came running towards him, and being all witty with him. Zico quickly introduces Ren to the ladies, and in polite, the ladies bowed Ren in great manners.

Usually though, ladies around Zico would be immature and beat up or talk about a girl that Zico hangs with, but these mature women politely greeted Ren with smiles.

“She’s super cute, Zico. Where’d you find this lady? She’s not your girlfriend now, is she?”

Questions were thrown off about, and Zico chuckled. Ren silently giggled, as she shook her head at the women.

“This place is nice,” Ren said, as she saw the colorful Christmas decorations around the dim lighted dark room. “See, I knew you would like it down here,” Zico replied, as he sat at a booth.

Ren followed after Zico, and sat down too. When they both sat down, the women earlier came and asked what they would like to eat or drink, as the women were known as waitresses.

“I’ll just have what Zico is having, since I’ve never been here before,” Ren answered the ladies, and Zico smirked. “Just give us two burgers,” Zico told the ladies, and then turned his gaze at Ren.

“I didn’t know that they were waitresses. The ladies weren’t dressed up like they’re going to work. I thought they were guests like us,” Ren said, and Zico chuckled. “This place is just plainly weird,” Zico replied, and Ren giggled.

Zico watched Ren giggle, as he found his blood race up to his head. What was this feeling? It can’t be, and won’t be. Zico can’t officially like Ren; it was a bit too soon. However, Ukwon is the one who is into Ren, and Zico can’t betray a friend.

“So Ren, do you by any chance… like my friend Ukwon?” Zico asked, and Ren raised an eyebrow at him. “Why are you asking that for?” Ren asked back curiously. “I just want to know, since I’ve been seeing you both hanging out quite some time,” he answered.

“Why, are you jealous that I became friends with Ukwon instead of you?” Ren teased, and Zico rolled his eyes. “Please, as if I wanted to be friends with you first. Maybe we would’ve been friends if you didn’t kick me,” Zico replied, and Ren laughed at his silly reply.

“You’re still mad, eh? Get over it, I don’t even remember it anymore,” Ren said, and Zico chuckled at her. “Besides, you wanted to start new, right?” Ren asked, and Zico looked at her wide-eyed.

“You’re willing to be my friend then?” Zico asked, not knowing why he felt a joy of rush flowing through him. “I guess this place pays it all,” Ren answered, as she was enjoying the nice atmosphere.

Zico warmly smiled at Ren, although she didn’t notice. She was too busy still gawking at the amazing arts inside the room.

“You know Ren, you’re actually the first girl I took down here,” Zico confessed, and Ren looked at him. “What a liar, I don’t believe you. I bet you took your girlfriend here before,” Ren said, and Zico threw back his head and sighed.

“Would you stop calling her my girlfriend? Tami and I aren’t dating. I swear,” Zico replied, and Ren gurgled. “Then why do you both hangout like you’re a couple?” Ren asked, and Zico shrugged.

“I don’t know, she’s just a clingy girl. That’s all,” Zico answered, and Ren stared at him. “So you don’t want to hurt her feelings by rejecting her, and so you’re just letting her have her ways?” Ren asked, and Zico tilted his head.

“You know, I’ve never thought about that before,” Zico replied, as he tapped his chin lightly. “Zico, don’t play with a girl’s heart like that. It’s not very nice,” Ren said, and Zico glanced at Ren.

“Why are you telling me this? Did someone do it to you?” Zico asked, and Ren gave him a small smile. “Does it matter if it happened to me? Think about other people’s feelings sometimes, will you?” Ren answered, and Zico chuckled shaking his head.

Ren was definitely a mystery. Not only a mystery, but also she was like that secret box without a key to unlock it. Zico felt like Ren was filled with secrets, pain, and of course, lots of scars that Ren doesn’t want to tell anyone.

Zico was glad that he took Ren out. Although it felt awkward at some point, they would bring something up to talk about, and the awkwardness would go away. However, Zico felt like he wanted to know more about Ren.

He suddenly wants to be a best friend to Ren. A best friend to know Ren’s secret, and protects her from harm. Zico don’t want to be a knight and shining armor, no way. He just wants to be there for Ren, as he felt like Ren has no one to be with.

When Zico sees Ren smile, giggle, or possibly laugh, Zico would observe her facial expression. Fake. Everything was false acting, as Zico could see the pain in Ren’s eyes. She was hurt, and needed to be fixed.

 


 

OMFG, ONE WEEK WITHOUT INTERNET AND I AM BACK!

I missed u all VERY MUCH~

Hiiiii ahahahah!

I UPDATED! XDD