03;;

Don't Wish Life Away

 

Zico sat in horror, as he stared at Ren’s back figure. He seriously thought that it was all a nightmare, as he tried his best to forget it. Kyung had already brushed it off, so why couldn’t Zico do the same.

Lunch came along, and Zico watched Ren exit homeroom slowly. He knew how much pain she was in, and he couldn’t bear to watch it. As much as he hated Ren for humiliating him, he felt pity for what happened to her.

“Did you see the scar under Ren’s left eye?” A male student whispered to another, as the guys slowly turned their gaze at Zico. He felt the stares, and he knew it that they had gossiped about him.

“So what? You think I’m beating her up every night after school?” Zico asked audibly, as he knocked over the desks in front of him. “We didn’t mean that,” one of the male students answered.

“Then stop looking at me. I know it’s weird to know that a girl can easily kick a guy’s . You must all think that I purposely went easy on her, huh? en terds,” Zico told off the students, and then left out of homeroom.

Ukwon sat up from the loud ruckus, and had noticed that he slept through lesson. He saw that his friends and Ren had disappeared from their seats, and walked out to find them.

Zico kept biting onto his bottom lip, as he tried to get the brutally beaten Ren image out of his head. It was no movie, as it was real life to his eyes. Kyung patted Zico’s shoulder, and he flinched.

“Woah dude, you okay?” Taeil asked, and Zico nodded his head. “Yeah, just had too much things going on in my mind right now,” Zico answered, and Kyung glanced at him.

“Z, you ain’t talking about that movie, right?” Kyung asked, and Zico knew exactly what Kyung meant. Zico shook his head, as he doesn’t want anyone to know. “You guys went to the movies afterwards?” Jaehyo asked. “Yeah, yeah,” Zico answered a lie, and the guys whined.

Ukwon walked to the school’s patio, and didn’t find the guys there. He then checked behind the gym, and inside the tiny abandon science building, and found no one. Ukwon was about to give up, when he saw a figure sitting with her legs swinging off the east side rooftop.

Horrified by the sight, he quickly runs up to the rooftop. When he reached there, the person was gone. Ukwon even checked down the school for a body, but found nothing.

“Oh, Ukwon-ah, what are you doing up here?” Ren asked from behind, and Ukwon was shocked to find her there. “Did you… uhmm… by any chance, did you see someone sitting up here?” Ukwon asked, and Ren shook her head.

“What?” He asked confusedly, and scratched the back of his head. “No one was up here, except for me. Maybe you saw me sitting there,” Ren answered, and Ukwon turned back to face Ren.

She had her facemask on again, but even if she had it on, there was a scar there that wasn’t covered. Ukwon walked up towards Ren, and she stood there motionless.

“I thought a student was going to commit suicide,” Ukwon said, as he sighed in relief that no one was hurt. “I’m not the type to commit suicide,” Ren replied, and walked towards the edge.

“I know you aren’t, but because many students had before. I just thought another suicide was going to happen,” Ukwon said, and he heard Ren chuckling. She turned to look at him, and he read the sadness in her eyes.

“Haven’t you just ever wondered what death would be like, though?” Ren asked, and Ukwon’s eyes widened.

Zico watched from the door, as he heard Ren and Ukwon’s conversation.

“What do you mean by that, Ren?” Ukwon asked, and Ren shrugged lightly. “I think it gives you so much freedom. So much, that no one could ever get hurt again,” Ren answered, and then made her way to exit.

Zico walked down first, as he saw Ren exiting. He watched her trying her best not to limp, as Zico noticed the marks on Ren’s legs. Although Ren might’ve tried to cover the marks, Zico knew what she was going through.

“Hey Ren, it’s almost Friday, you know?” Zico said cheerfully, as he appeared by Ren’s side. “So?” Ren asked, annoyed by his presence. “Don’t you want to report to the principal about what we’ve done?” He asked, forcing a smile.

Ren looked at him with her dark brown gleaming eyes, and scoffed.

“Just lie,” she told him, and brushed Zico away. “Lie? Why should I lie? That’s not very good, if the school would want to look good. Don’t you want to be a good role model to the kids?” Zico asked, and Ren turned to face him.

“Why are you trying hard to be nice? Are you sick, or something?” Ren asked, and Zico jerked a laugh. “Yah, I’m trying my best to make us get along. So don’t think that I’m acting,” his attitude came out.

“That’s more like it,” Ren said, and Zico raised an eyebrow at her. Zico then quickly puts an arm around Ren’s shoulder, as the principal walked by. “So yeah, buddy Ren. Don’t you think that sometimes, the school would look nice with paintings?” Zico asked, changing his tone of voice.

Ren tried to wriggle free, as she didn’t notice the principal watching.

“Getting along well?” The principal asked. Ren chortled, as she knew exactly what Zico was doing. She elbowed his stomach, and Zico finally released her. “Ommf!” Zico groaned, as he wrapped both arms around his stomach.

“Are you okay, Jiho?” The principal asked. “I’m… fine,” Zico spoke through his breath. “He just ate too much,” Ren answered, and then walked away. “en Ren,” Zico muttered, as he rolled his eyes.

 

After school rushed quickly, and Zico packed up his stuff hastily, as he tried to catch up to Ren. Although she was badly injured, Ren exited out of school a bit too fast for him, and Tami showed up in front of Zico.

“Zico oppa, where are you going in a rush?” Tami asked, and Zico shook his head. “Why are you here so early?” Zico asked, and Tami smiled at him. “I had to come early, because I ditched class earlier to buy you some crème puffs before it was done,” Tami answered, and Zico smiled a small one at her.

“Tami and the cliques. What’s up?” Kyung greeted them. “Sup,” the three girls greeted back. “Oh, Ukwon is with you guys today,” Rinah said, as she flashed a smile at him. “I’m always with my friends…” Ukwon mumbled, and Rinah shook her head.

“Not yesterday, you weren’t,” Rinah pouted. “Ahh, I was busy yesterday,” Ukwon answered, and Rinah quickly linked arms with him. “But you will today, right oppa?” Rinah asked, as she smiled at him cheekily.

Ukwon looked at the rest of his friends, and they all glanced away. With no one helping him, Ukwon slightly pushed Rinah off of him.

“Sorry, but I’ve got things to do,” Ukwon apologized, and his friends now turned to face him. “Dude, you’ve been ditching the group lately. What’s up?” BBomb asked, and Ukwon shook his head.

“Nothing, just work at home. I’ll catch up with you guys later though. Just call me up,” Ukwon answered, and then sped off. “Probably he’s just spending some time with his older brother. They are very close after all,” Jaehyo said, and the boys all agreed.

“Anyways, shall we continue on the brainstorm?” Tami asked, as she took out a notebook and pen. Zico cleared his throat for a bit, and smiled at her. “Uh, nothing comes to mind at all. So let’s just forget it,” he answered, and Tami frowned.

“Did something happen? Why are you being easy and letting her go? I heard about the rumors that’s spreading out of school. We all know that you didn’t beat her up like how she looks,” Tami said, and Zico grunted.

“Look, I said to forget it,” Zico replied, and continued on walking away. “Tch, who is he to call it quits?” Tami muttered under her breath, as she brushed her bangs out of sight.

“Tami-yah, maybe we’re just not brainstorming hard enough. It’s okay though, don’t let this get to you,” Yoko said, as she tried to calm Tami’s temper down. “Maybe you’re right,” Tami replied, and coolly walked after Zico and his gang.

 

Ren reached home at last, and didn’t find her father in sight.

‘Gambling, I bet.’ Ren thought, as she entered inside her room.

She quickly changes into her working clothes, and then grabs her backpack along with her. As she leaves the house, she accidently bumps and ran into Ukwon three blocks away.

“I’m so sorry, Ren,” Ukwon apologized, as he helped pick up Ren. He heard her winced in pain, but she wasn’t too loud about it. “It’s okay,” she replied, and brushes the dirt off of her pants.

“Where are you going?” He asked out of curiosity. “To work,” Ren answered, and Ukwon nodded his head. “That’s interesting of you to go to school and work. You’re very independent,” Ukwon said, and Ren thanked him.

“Where are you going?” Ren asked, and Ukwon tilted his head from side to side. “I was actually taking a shortcut home, as I didn’t want to hangout with Zico and his girlfriend’s group,” Ukwon answered.

“The erted jerk has a girlfriend?” Ren asked, and Ukwon laughed at Ren’s tease. “He’s actually not erted. Zico is just himself around us, his friends,” Ukwon answered, and Ren shrugged.

“Of course you will defend him. He is your friend after all,” Ren said, and continued her walk to work. “Hey, friends always got each other’s back,” Ukwon replied, and Ren chuckled.

“Well I’m heading to work. See you tomorrow,” Ren said, as she brushed Ukwon away. “Yeah, see you,” he said back, and departed from Ren.

Ren looked at her watch, and noticed that there was still some time to spare.

“Is she asleep?” Ren asked a nurse, whom exited out of her mother’s room. “Yes, she just fell asleep,” the nurse answered, and Ren thanked her.

She took off her facemask, as she entered inside the room. Ren watched her mother sleeping peacefully, and a smile curved on her face. Ren tucked her mother’s arm under the blanket, and lowered the television.

Suddenly, she heard the door open up, and Ren slipped on her facemask. She turned around to find her mother’s doctor at the door. Ren greeted the doctor, and he greeted her back also.

“Your mother talks about you everyday, Ji Ren,” the doctor said, as he and Ren stepped out of the room. “Hmph, it’s what mothers do best. Talk about their daughters everyday lives,” Ren replied, and the doctor smiled.

“What kind of troubles did you get in to get those marks?” The doctor asked curiously, as always, the facemask didn’t hide much. “I was clumsy and fell,” Ren lied, and the doctor chuckled.

“Ji Ren, I’m your family doctor. Your mother tells me everything, so you needn’t lie,” he said, and Ren shrugged. “It’s best to lie than have the truth be spit out, right? Besides, the truth never helps you anyways,” Ren replied, and the doctor gave her a long stare.

“I thought everything at home was going okay?” The doctor asked, and Ren nodded her head. “Everything is fine,” she answered, giving the most convincing tone of voice.

“Well, whenever you need a place to stay. My wife and I are here for you,” the doctor told Ren, and she nodded her head. “Thanks for your concern, doc, but I can manage,” Ren thanked him, and left to work.

It’s not that Ren don’t want to move out, she does. Ren has always dreamt of living with a new family that loved her. Not only love her, but understand who she is. Ren wanted to leave the abusing and drunk father of hers, but leaving won’t solve a thing.

It’ll put Ren to safety, but he’s a crazy drunk. Anything can happen to Ren’s father, and Ren don’t want to stress about him as much as she stresses about her mother.

All Ren just ever wanted in life was one happy family.

“Go to the convenient store for more food,” Kyung ordered Zico around this time. “Man, just because I accidently shot in that 8 ball, doesn’t mean you get to boss me around,” Zico hissed, and walked out of the pool hall.

“Oppa, I’ll come along,” Tami said, as she linked arms with Zico. “You’ll pay then?” Zico asked, and Tami giggled. “Don’t I always?” She asked in a jolly tone, and Zico kissed her forehead.

“Now that’s my favorite girl,” Zico said, and Tami gave him a huge grin. “What do you want to eat?” Tami asked, as she and Zico made their way to the convenient store. “Let’s grab spicy food to poison the boys,” he answered, and Tami whistled.

“My, my, Woo Jiho being a badass,” Tami said, and Zico chortled. “That’s who I am,” Zico replied, and his bottom lip.

Zico and Tami entered inside the convenient store, and started looking around for food. The two had split; as Zico wanted to go on his own to get his food. While looking for his own, Zico spotted Ren stocking up some drinks inside the fridge.

“Ren?” Zico whispered, and Ren didn’t budge. Zico rolled his eyes, and walked up to her, as he tapped her shoulder. Ren turned to her left, and found Zico standing next to her. “What, are you stalking me now?” Ren asked, and Zico scoffed.

“What a surprise to see you working here,” Zico said, as he ignored her question. “Yes, I’m working here. It’s called a job, where you make your own money,” Ren replied, and Zico snickered.

“Okay, I use my dad’s money like you said. So what? I’m still rich,” he responded back with an attitude, and Ren rolled her eyes. “Idiot,” she murmured, and Zico chuckled.

“Why are you working here?” He asked, and Ren turned to face him. “Why, I can’t?” She asked back, and Zico sneered. “It was a question, sheesh,” Zico replied, and Ren gurgled.

“Zico oppa, there you are. I’ve been—Oh, well if it isn’t Ren,” Tami said, as she raised an eyebrow at Ren. “Let me guess, your girlfriend?” Ren asked Zico, and he slightly shook his head, but Tami answered yes.

“Pathetic. Boy says no, and girl says yes. Nice relationship. She must be a pain in the for you to deny her,” Ren said, and Tami sent Ren multiple death glares.

After stocking up the drinks, Ren rolled the cart away to the back.

“Zico oppa, let me just get her now,” Tami said, as she rolled up her sleeves. “Yah, don’t cause any troubles here. Not inside this store,” Zico told her, and walked to the open register.

“Why not? I can take her down,” Tami whined, and Zico ignored her presence. “How much?” Zico asked the checkout clerk. “$7.84 please,” the clerk answered, and Zico paid with $10.00.

“Oppa, I thought we agreed with me paying for it,” Tami said, and Zico quickly grabs his change. “Just carry the stuff,” he replied, and walks out of the store.

After finding out where Ren works, Zico thought of a plan. Of course he’s not going to do anything humiliating, but something to purposely annoy Ren.

 

“Bye Sung Hee. See you tomorrow,” Ren waved at her coworker, and walked out of the convenient store. “Hey Ren,” Zico greeted her, as he popped out to her side. “What do you want, stalker?” Ren asked, as she rolled her eyes at him.

“I was walking home, and coincidently passed the convenient store, so I decided to walk you home too,” Zico answered, and Ren scoffed. “I’m not buying that crap of a story. How many times have you tried that with a girl?” Ren asked, and Zico thought for a bit.

“I don’t think I’ve done it to anyone before,” Zico answered, and scratched his head. “Yeah right,” she replied, and continued on walking home. “So it’s a yes then?” He asked with joy, as Zico walks along with Ren.

“A yes to what?” Ren asked, looking at Zico confusedly. “About walking you home,” he answered, and Ren snickered. “Why won’t you just bug off? Walk your girlfriend home,” she said, and Zico laughed.

“She’s not my girlfriend. Tami just wishes that we’re dating,” Zico replied, and Ren raised an eyebrow at him. “Boys,” she muttered, and Zico chortled. “What? I’m a good-looking guy. What can I say?” Zico conceitedly replied, and Ren giggled.

“Very conceited, more likely,” Ren told him, and Zico laughed agreeing. “I am conceited, aren’t I?” He asked, and Ren nodded her head. “Conceited and erted,” she added, and Zico quiet down.

“I am not erted. When was I erted?” Zico asked, denying this part of the conversation. “If you’re not erted, why did you take a picture of the ?” Ren asked, and Zico pursed his lips together.

“That’s what I thought,” Ren mumbled, and rolled her eyes as she continued walking. “I only did it for Kyung. It’s not as if I wanted to look. If I was that erted, I would’ve lift up the girl’s skirt,” Zico said, and Ren quietly laughed.

“You’re a ert for thinking about that,” Ren replied, and Zico narrowed his eyebrows at her. “I’m a ert at everything I do,” he whined, and crossed his arms together.

“Anyways, I turn here now. I don’t know where you live, but where I live isn’t the suburbs,” Ren joked about Zico’s place, and he giggled. “I don’t live in the suburbs. My brother does, alright?” He replied.

“Whatever,” Ren muttered, as she walked away without saying bye to Zico. “Yeah, thanks for the walk,” Zico whispered to himself, and then sneakily walks after Ren.

Zico wasn’t ever a guy to do this to a person he hates. But after what he had witnessed the other day, he asked himself if he does hate Ren. What if he doesn’t hate Ren, but is just angry with her for humiliating him?

Ren entered inside her home like how she did before, and Zico went to peek from outside the window. He saw Ren disappear inside a hall, and then appears again inside the living room.

Zico switched to a different window each time Ren changes to a new angle. He watched her slowly clean the house, and noticed that she didn’t bother to eat.

Ren walked to the back door, and Zico quickly fled to the dark shadows behind some bushes, as he watched Ren take the garbage out. He was trying his best to keep quiet, but accidently stepped on a twig.

“Who’s there?” Ren called out, as she heard the loud snap. She took her cellphone out of her pocket, and slowly flashed the light out, as she walked to where she heard the snapping.

“I said, who’s there?” Ren repeated herself, and Zico held his breath as he tried not to make a sound. Scared that Zico was going to be caught, he prepared to jump out. “Meow,” a cat meowed out of Zico’s place, and Ren giggled in relief.

“Why hello there, little kitty,” Ren greeted the cat, and walked away with the kitty looking at her. Ren took out a beef jerky that was wrapped inside her pocket, and fed the cat.

After the cat left, Ren went back inside the house. Zico sighed in relief, as he jumped out of Ren’s gates.

“Okay, I need a better plan next time,” Zico mumbled to himself, as he walked home.



 

Heeeeeeeere's another update! XDD

Hungry now. ~_~ gnna go eat. LOL!