The Life of Anushka Ranjan

Love in a Foreign Land?

EDITED ON THE 29th OF SEPTEMBER:

Characters :

-->Anushka Ranjan (in real life, she looks like something else--you can look her up on chapter 11)

Anushka Ranjan

In reality, this is a photo of an Indian dancer whose name is Isha Sharvani. I really like her and i think she fits the part :)

I'll put up more pictures of hers in coming chapters!

--> Nora D'Souza

Now, this pretty lady is Tara D'Souza in reality. She's acted in two bollywood movies, not that famous yet.

--> Ashok Jaiswal (he's introduced in this chapter!)

Ashok

This man is a model/small-screen-actor. I've seen him on a couple of TV shows. I LOVED him in this one tv show so yeah...

And y'all know who the JUMPs are. I can't post thier photos as characters cuz they don't look old enough as compared with these people so..teehee :3

EDIT OVER

Hello :)

I decided to update again today just because i don't feel like studying for my chemistry test :P

I don't know whether you liked the first chapter...i'm hoping you did. There was a lotta conversation going on in there, wasn't there? I'll try and put more narration in this time!

Also, this chapter won't have that much of the JUMPs because i wanted to introduce Anushka's character properly. And just so you know, I am Anupama, not Anushka (there are lots of names in India that have 'anu' in them).

Cheers! :D

The Life of Anushka Ranjan

Three days before their arrival and Anushka's still having a hard time believing that this is going to happen. She had barely ever met a handful of Japanese people in her life, forget about celebrities!

'I wonder what they're like...i mean, i couldn't possibly spend an entire month with them if they're not nice. Silly me, how can they not be nice! I wonder if they'll do some promotion work here. Nah, they probably won't. They're here for vacation, right?' her musings went on and on.

*ding dong*

"Comingggg!" Anu went to open the door.

"Anushka!" a tall and handsome man with nice black hair said as he hugged Anu at the door, "It's been so long!"

"Ashok? Whoa, what are you doing here?" Anu asked happily.

"What do yo mean, what am i doing here?" He teased, "I thought i'd come and visit my girl while passing by Delhi."

"I'm not your girl anymore, Ashok," she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. We dumped each other." He joked.

Ashok and Anushka were a couple for 2 years. But there were two big problems that eventually led to their seperation as lovers: Anushka was 20, and Ashok was 30; and Ashok worked in the Army so he never stayed in the same city for longer than 2 years. They both decided that it was for the best that they end their relationship as lovers and continue to remain friends, and you know what, they're both doing pretty fine!

"Oh come on, you! We didn't dump each other!"

"Uhh.." he mumbled as he looked inside, "you're not gonna invite me in?"

"Oh yeah, sorry," she realised her fault, "come in! Tea or coffee?"

"Coffee sounds good!"

The two of them spent the afternoon talking about their lives at present and how they used to be. Anu always wondered why Ashok still hasnt got married. His colleagues at work already had kids!

"Oh, you won't believe this," Anu suddenly exclaimed, "but Nora kinda got me to work as a tour guide for a Japanese boy band visiting India this week!"

Ashok's eyes grew wide.

"Japanese boy band?" he asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, i'll show your their picture," she said as she took out her laptop and gave them an image search.

Ashok saw their photo and said, "They look like they're around your age.."

"The youngest of the lot is about 2 years older than me." she replied.

Ashok grew tense. He didn't like this development. He knew how crazy Anu gets around these things. And the main reason for which he was back was her. He wanted her back. He couldn't bear the loneliness anymore. He wanted someone to spend the rest of his life with and there was no other girl out there for him but her.

"So how long are you gonna be with them?" he questioned.

"They'll be in the country for a month." she smiled.

"Okay. So it will be a month in paradise with these cute guys and then bam, it's all over and back to normal, right?" he asked curiously.

"I hope not! I really hope that we keep in touch after they go back!" she claimed.

"Oh.."

'That's disappointing,' Ashok thought to himself, 'what if something happens when they're here? What if i never get her back?'

Ashok couldn't muster the courage to tell her what he actually wanted to. Instead, he left after saying that he'll visit again soon.

Anushka was content. She did miss Ashok, he was after all the sweetest man she had ever known, but she also knew that they weren't meant to be. She was crazy in love with him initially. She was only 15, and he was 25. Anushka's father worked in the army too and Ashok was her dad's junior so they met at social gatherings and sometimes in the evenings when she used to play basketball. She had a crush on him, but she knew that it wouldn't go anywhere. Until it did. Ashok and Anushka spent a lot of time together afterwards and on her graduation day, he asked her out.

'I should go to the agency and find out where all we're gonna go!' Anu thought.

---------at the agency---------

"Hello Uncle Preet!" Anu greeted Nora's uncle as she entered the agency.

"Anushka! How are you, beta?" he asked joyfully. ["beta" is a word in Hindi that literally means 'son' but it works for anyone from a younger generation]

"I'm great, uncle!" she said, "And you?"

"I'm very good," he replied.

Preet Sharma was Nora's maternal uncle. He ran the travel agency. One could call him a large man, but he was very handsome in his day!

"Uncle, can i have a look at the entire plan for the visit that i'm supposed to guide?" Anu asked.

"Oh, yes, of course, beta," he said, "come along."

Anu and Uncle Preet went into the main office where he found the document containing the plan and handed it to Anu.

'Hmm...' Anu thought, 'they'll land in the morning on Saturday, and spend four days here in Delhi. Nice. Then we go to Agra, Bombay, Calicut, Assam and Jaipur. All of that in a month! At least i know Bombay and Calicut very well!'

Being as army officer's daughter, she had lived in many cities including Delhi and Bombay. She knows Calicut because that's where her mother belongs. She used to go there as a child. The place has beautiful back waters and a lot of rain forest area nearby.

"Can't wait!" she said excitedly.

---------back home--------

"I'm tiiiiiiiiiiredddd!" Anu wailed.

Her phone started to ring. She jumped up and scurried around for it until she finally found it stacked under a pile of blankets on her bed.

"Hello?" she answered the phone.

"Moshi-moshi!" a male voice on the other line said.

"Ummm...who is this?" Anu asked, puzzled.

"Ah...Keito!" the man whispered, "Come here! I cant speak English!" (in Japanese)

Anu frowned in confusion.

"Hello?" came from the other line.

"Yes, who is this?" she asked once again.

"This is Oka--this is Keito Okamoto speaking from Tokyo." Keito said.

Anu's eyes grew bigger than the moon!

"Uso! Hontou ni Okamoto Keito desho?" she said. [from here on, japanese will be translated and written in english, cuz i dont know about the japanese language :S]

"Yes...from Hey Say JUMP. We have heard that you will be our guide for the trip?"

"Yes, that's me." she confirmed.

"Well, we just got your contact number so we wanted to inform you about some details."

"Um, yes, yes, of course!" she said with slight stutters.

"There will be nine of us coming to India. And we will reach their on Saturday. And, uhhh, basically, we just wanted to tell you that we're all very excited and hope that you are too!" he blurted.

"Oh, God, yes, i am very happy!"

"Well, then that's great! Well, that's all i can say right now. We'll meet on Saturday?"

"Saturday, it is." She nodded.

"Okay then, take care!"

"Bye."

They hung up.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!" she screamed with utter joy as soon as she realised that she just spoke to Keito Okamoto!

She danced around the entire night till she finally got worn out and went to sleep!

-x-

So that's that. Wasn't too boring, i hope?

Feel free to comment or offer any feedback cuz i dont know how you guys take this! All i know is that i'm titally enjoying myself, and that i really need to get going and study for that damn chemistry test!

Au revoir! :)