Don't mind the candles

Disobedient

Xiumin have been ransacking through his wardrobe for the past 30 minutes and counting. He still has absolutely no idea what to wear for his dinner date with-his-dearest-student aka bambi-eyed-Luhan.

His back was aching from digging his drawers and he sighed, his bangs had grown into fringes and some of it went into his eyes. He wondered why he had forgotten to cut them. Then, Luhan’s pouty face came onto his mind.

Ugh damn, focus! You’re gonna be late!

Xiumin sighed louder, making sure that his mother hears him from the living room. She did and as expected, walked into the room and picked up a few pieces from the huge pile on his bed.

“Ah…my son is all grown up now, he is going on a date, remember to leave good impressions” his mother patted his shoulder encouragingly.

Xiumin swallowed his laughter because who needs those words when he could clearly see Luhan being wrapped in his palm, completely under his control. Or…maybe it’s the other way round but Xiumin did lack some sense to realise his own fate.

“Thanks omma! But…it’s not a date it’s a…err…I think…” Xiumin came to realisation that Luhan and him were far from going official (yet).

His mother nodded sadly but still told his son to be confident and to do his best. She really needed a new member to the family, she wasn’t getting any younger and her awkward son was taking way too long to bring back his partner. Not even once. However, she had a good feeling about her son’s dinner date tonight; she hoped that her woman’s instinct won’t be a fraud.

—-

“Cake, checked! Candles, checked! Card, checked! Hmm…what else am I missin-” Luhan paused when he heard the door bell rang.

Oh! Xiumin gege is here! His inner self panicked.

Outside, an equally anxious young man fixed his own jacket, even when there was no crease or whatsoever. Xiumin could hardly inhale properly when the door swung open out of a sudden, revealing a glittery-eyed Luhan. Xiumin gasped immediately, forgetting that his jaws were widely opened and that his chin looked like it was going to drop. In front of his very eyes, stood his student in creamy white blazer, a white translucent dress shirt hugged his torso perfectly, not forgetting to mention about the cute bow tie that Xiumin had always failed to tie. The next thing he noticed was that Luhan was wearing shorts. White creamy whiteeeee shorts with socks. Xiumin nearly fainted. Luhan was being too adorable that it hurt.

“Eh…can gege stop staring? It’s scary…” Luhan pouted before biting onto his lower lip nervously, thinking that he might offend Xiumin or anything.

Xiumin quickly swallowed his overflowing saliva and smiled brightly, successfully winning back a grin from Luhan.

“Shall we head to over to the rest—” Xiumin had only started to speak when he noticed Luhan turning his back and running towards his kitchen. Xiumin frowned, he had been rehearsing his speech for the past few nights and Luhan did not even let him finish.

“Gege! Let’s go!” Luhan gingerly grabbed onto Xiumin’s hand, pulling him from the front after Xiumin reminded him to lock his door.

Xiumin was enchanted by the way the blonde locks on Luhan’s head swayed as the wind gently caressed their faces. He was basically swooning over his lovable student and had not seen the bag of cake, candles and a card.

“Please close your eyes for awhile~” Luhan whispered in his sweet little voice after the two of them raced down flights of stairs all the way down to the park nearby.

Xiumin blushed madly as he felt a pair of soft hands over his cheeks and quickly shut his eyes tight, hoping that his face would return back to normal. He was sure that there was a brief moment when he felt his own lips against Luhan’s, but Xiumin waved the thought off, he could have been hallucinating again. With countless ideas running through his mind, Xiumin kept his eyes closed obediently, not even taking a peek.

The wait was shorter than he had expected because Luhan was tugging at his sleeve with a huge pout. Xiumin held onto his hands and pushed a lock of stray fringe away from Luhan’s forehead.

“What’s wrong Luhan?” Xiumin asked gently, his eyes never leaving the other.

“i…I forgot about the lighter…without the lighter…the candles,” Luhan let out a dejected sigh before he stomped his foot on the concrete beneath them.

Xiumin finds himself in a dilemma whether to cry of to laugh, because Luhan was too adorable and Xiumin could never handle this kind of situation without being awkward. Which resulted in his last resort, pulling the other into a tight hug.

“ge…” Luhan whined softly because Xiumin was squishing his little frame under his stronger one.

“Oh! Sorry! Did I hurt you?” Xiumin hurriedly released the latter, his face heating up again.

“No, it’s ok ge, Luhan like hugs, especiallyfromxiumingege” Luhan smiled bashfully without lokking into Xiumin’s eyes, he murmured his last phrase, thinking that Xiumin wouldn’t hear it.

But he did anyway, and he wasn’t going to let it off.

“Hmm? Is that so? But I heard some mumblings; did it say that you only liked to be hugged by Yifan? Or Chanyeol? I won’t give you any hugs if that’s what you said,” Xiumin raised his brows, his tone seemingly cheeky.

Luhan blinked innocently for a few times until realisation hit him and he was quick to react.

“I—I, I didn’t mean…I—” Luhan felt warm tears welling up in his eyes as he tugged at Xiumin’s sleeve again, trying to gain some attention.

“I want hugs from you…” Luhan was tearing up and Xiumin wanted to hit himself in the face for coming up with such a stupid joke.

“I’m joking…sorry Luhan, ge will give you hugs forever,” Xiumin pressed their foreheads together as he wiped the tears rolling down the porcelain skin of his student.

Luhan flashed a weak smile before his pout returned and Xiumin enveloped him in another warm hug.

“Why the pout then?” Xiumin whispered, almost hoped that he didn’t ask because Luhan sniffled again.

“I wanted to light up the heart shape candles…it was for your birthday,” Luhan snuggled closer to Xiumin, no one offered hugs this comfortable.

“ah…that,” Xiumin glanced at the neatly arranged candles before continuing, “that’s very nice of you, but it’s ok, we can always light them up later,” Xiumin tried to stop himself from grinning too  much, because it was starting to hurt his jaws. But Luhan was too adorable with little birthday surprises that the birthday boy let out a slight chuckle.

“There is one more present left though…” his student raised his head a little, their bodies still flushed together.

Xiumin blamed his own unromantic self because he did not, never ever imagined the next moment when he felt that soft pair of lips pressing onto his own. Luhan was nervous and shaking, Xiumin was too surprised to even notice the pink faced boy against him, because his mind was occupied with his precious memories with student, from the time they first met until now. His hands found their way up to Luhan’s back, hugging him closer, until their chest were flushed together, racing heartbeats ever so prominent. They were kissing alright, just a sweet lingering swept of lips against the other, but when Luhan accidently let loose of his pursed lips, Xiumin couldn’t control himself and ended up having his tongue inside of the gasping boy. There was a momentum pause because Xiumin had completely forgotten that Luhan was special. He wasn’t exactly 22.

With widened eyes, Xiumin broke the kiss and placed his hands firmly on Luhan’s shoulder. His heart seemed to be in pain when Luhan looked away, a faint blush across his pale cheeks. Unable to come up with anything to say, Xiumin let his hands fall against his side, no longer holding onto the boy who looked as panicked as him.

Suddenly, warm fingers grasped onto his wrist, pulling him closer again. Xiumin blinked several times as he watched the stuttering boy before him.

“Please don’t be angry…I—I—will learn? I just don’t know how…” Luhan blushed ten times heavier than before and Xiumin had to contain his own bursting feelings.

Without words, Xiumin embraced the other and pressed their foreheads together.

Its only when Luhan chuckled that he let go of him.

“I’m sorry that I rushed into things, I’ll treat you better,” Xiumin brushed a few strands of stray hair away from Luhan’s smiling face and pecked him lightly on the corners of his lips.

“Luhan will work hard to become better! …at many things…” having said that, Luhan snuggled closer to Xiumin, resting his head on the other’s sturdy shoulder. 

Xiumin hoped that his heart would stay in his chest and not explode into small fluffy hearts. (because Luhan was being too adorable and squishy)

---

so how's the fluff? XD hope it helped to brighten up the sad kray chappie D;