Soju madness

Disobedient

Yifan was on his way to give his little brother a surprise visit when he felt a huge object against his back, nearly crashing his spines.

"Oww...sorry..." the huge object which turned out to be a orange haired boy apologised as he rubbed his own shoulder.

Yifan waved him a hand and was about to leave when a hand, grabbed onto his, leaving him dumbfounded for a moment.

"Yes?" Yifan clears his throat after being stared at with a large pair of brown eyes. All watery and hopeful that Yifan had the urge to back away from the sudden attention.

"Ah! Oh do you mind showing me the to Exo special school?" the large eyed boy gave him a wide smile, flashing him his full set of white pearly teeth.

Yifan nods after hearing Exo special school but the boy didn't let him off and the hand never left his own when the boy ran while pulling him from behind.

"Wait! You should turn right!" Yifan managed to say before they went the wrong way again, for the 3rd time.

Yifan didn't know why he allowed himself to be dragged around by a stranger whom he had just met. Maybe it was for his blinding smile or that urgency in his voice that made Yifan anxious. They were both panting heavily when the orange head released Yifan's hand, muttering a soft thank you in between breaths.

Yifan was about to speak when the other was a little bit faster than him.

"Thank you! I'm Park Chan Yeol! I'm the music therapist of this school!" His voice slightly raised but it was still too deep for Yifan to put his child like features along with that voice of his.

"Hi...I'm Yifan, Wu--"

"Ge!" Luhan dashes out from his classroom and nearly trips on his own feet.

Yifan watched in horror as he extends his arms to catch the falling boy but he soon realised that Luhan was brought back on his feet with the help of the music therapist.

"I know that you're excited to see your brother but you have to look after yourself ok?" Chanyeol ruffled the other boy's hair before turning to Yifan giving him another of his signature smile and hurries into the classroom.

"I haven't...said 'thank you'," Yifan finds himself grinning a little at how animated the orange hair boy was.

-----------

Strolling down the streets, Luhan was busy up pearls from his bubble tea and Yifan drinks his cup of mango red tea in silence, he didn't know what to say or when to start talking. Their relationship seemed to be like any brothers out there but Yifan always felt a sense of guiltiness crawling up his spine, whenever Luhan looked at him with his pair of glistering eyes.

It was all my fault that he had became like this. Yifan chokes on his tea and he quickly feels his brother patting on his back.

"I'm fine, don't worry," Yifan clears his throat and smiles at Luhan.

His brother's lips parted as he tiptoes to press his warm palms on Yifan's face.

"Ge is especially cute when he smiles," Luhan releases Yifan and grabbed onto his wrist, saying that he wanted to visit some shops. Yifan follows Luhan with his head low, trying to hide his pink cheeks.

Luhan always had his own little way to make Yifan blush like a kid.

It didn't take a very long before they arrive in front of a small shop at the corner of the street. Luhan presses his palms onto the glass window and curious eyes peering into it. Yifan pauses and wonder what was so fascinating about the little shop. The ends of Luhan's lips tugged into a smile as he pulled at his brother's sleeve.

"Wanna go in?" Yifan held onto the other's smaller hand, he wanted Luhan to keep that smile forever.

Luhan nods and smiles wider.

The glass door swings open and Yifan finds himself gawking at what he had seen. He felt a rush of emotion as familiar images flashes across his sea of memories. Those precious memories of his time spend with the tools and clay. The fresh smell of wet clay and how his clean apron always gets dirty even if he had been extra careful. While Yifan took his time to look each and every piece of artefacts, an old man walked up to them, pushing his glasses.

"Looking for gifts or?" He asked, creases forming at the end of his eyes as he smiled warmly.

Yifan turned back and shook his head; the owner looked so much like his late uncle whom have been supporting him all these while when he wanted to pursue his dream as a potter. However Yifan knew that his uncle wasn't the shop owner and he grabbed Luhan's hand and was about to leave until he heard a soft whimper.

"But...Ge~ I wanna learn--" Luhan tried to shake off the big hand that was holding onto his wrist.

Before Yifan could speak, the owner let out a sigh and walked nearer to them, raising a hand to pat on Luhan's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry young man, but I've decided to stop the pottery class, looks like you will need to try for another place,"

Yifan didn't know why but his mouth seemed to have their owneemed to have their own thoughts as his lips moved on their own.

"But why? What if they really had a passion in learning?"

The old man pursed his lips into a thin line and nodded, Yifan could see the sadness in his eyes.

"I hadn't had any choice, I'm getting old and slow, the pottery class keeps getting bigger and I'm barely able to keep up, I'm sorry young man,"

Luhan pouts and tugs at Yifan's sleeve. He wasn't smiling like before but his eyes never stop giving Yifan that little pump of courage that he needed.

"What if...you had a helper around?" Yifan asked, his palms were getting sweaty.

The old man looked at his display of various pottery pieces and chuckles, "then that would be the best thing that had ever happened to this little shop and the rest the of the students,"

-------------
The two walks out of the shop and Yifan quickly turns to his brother, but the little deer beside him seems to be unaffected by his scary face.

"Luhan, why did you tell him that I can be his assistant? I...can't...I came here to watch over you...ensure that you're safe...I didn't--" Yifan struggled with his sentence when he was reminded of his mother's harsh words and his head lowers.

"Yifan ge, look at me," his brother settles his hands on Yifan's broad shoulders and forces him to tilt his head to an angle so that they'd be looking right into their eyes.

"Isn't it your dream to become a potter?" Luhan starts, his matured tone startled Yifan a little.

"Y-yes...,"

"Great! Then here's the opportunity! You'll be the best potter in the whole world! My brother is smartest! Jjang!" Luhan raises both of his arms and gives Yifan two thumbs up. His sudden actions made a few passerby look over to their direction and Yifan finds himself blushing again.

"All right all right, thank you for being so supportive, i know that you meant well, you're the cutest little brother in the whole world~" Yifan takes Luhan's hand and started walking back to the school. Luhan giggles and hops around, while his fingers remains tightly locked with Yifan's.

------------

Yixing paces back and forth around the studio, the clicks from the camera makes his skin crawl as time ticks away. He was running out of time. His university friend from Korea, Baekhyun walks up to him and taps his shoulder from behind. Yixing was too absorbed in his thoughts and let out a yelp, scaring the both of them as Baekhyun steps back.

"Whoa...you ok? Want some water?"

Yixing shook his head in frustration and flops down into his chair, his perfectly styled hair turning into a mess when he runs his fingers along it.

"You really can't think of anyone to help you get it?" Baekhyun places a comforting hand and tries his best to calm his anxious friend.

Yixing buries his face into his palms, and mumbles.

"What? You were talking about some housemate?" Baekhyun owed it to his sharp sense of hearing.

Yixing shots up from his seat, pushing his friend off suddenly.

"Oh yeah! Him! If he can bring it here and I'll be able to return white witch's design booklet and everything will be settled!"

Baekhyun nods and handed Yixing his phone.

"You have his number saved? Call him then!"

Yixing smiles and was about to touch the call button but something was holding him back. It was rejection. They only knew each other for a few days and their first meeting wasn't the best and Yixing assumed that he must have been sleep walking that Yifan had to let him sleep in his room while he sleeps on the couch. There was no way or reason for Yifan to come all the way to the studio just to help him deliver that booklet. They weren’t even considered to be friends.

"No...what if he's not home? What if he's busy? What if he doesn't want to help?"

Baekhyun sighs and hits the call button for him, "then you'll just have to try it out and see how it goes, don't worry Yixing...he will understand,"

Before Yixing could retort, the line went through and he heard a slight husky voice.

"Hello? Who is--"

Yixing shuts his eyes and inhales before speaking at a staggering speed, "SorrytodisturbbutcanyouhelpmetakemywhitlebooklettoChungdam-Dong313-------roadbuidling22level2pleaseibegyouIreallyneedyourhelp!Pleasehelpme!"
There was a few moments of silence and Yixing was about to hang up but the other one on the line spoke up just in time.

"You're Yixing right?"

The flustered university student nodded a few times until his friend mouthed him to use his voice.

"Yes...I am...please I," Yixing panicked as he bit onto his lower lip, afraid that his last hope would be destroyed.

I'm done for this time. He's not going to help me.

But what he doesn't hear those words of rejection, instead he heard Yifan's gentle voice, smoothing his pounding heart and irregular breathes.

"You don't have to beg, just calm down and tell me where you're design booklet is, I'll bring it over to you,"

"It’s...on my desk...Thank you so much I..." Yixing was sure that he had tears in his eyes.

The other chuckles and hums a 'no problem' before hanging up.

The line went dead and Yifan's voice was replaced with the monotone beep. However, Yixing was still holding his phone close to his ear, his heart slamming against his chest.

"I'm saved..."he breathes and Baekhyun pulls him in for a brotherly hug.

On the other side, Yifan slipped his phone into his pocket and furrowed his brows when Luhan gave him the cheekiest grin he had ever seen.

“Uh... I have to go now…I’ll be back to vi—”

“Okay okay~ off you go~! It must have been someone who Ge treasures a lot right?” Luhan winked and pushed through the gates, running back to his dorm while waving his arms.

“Hey! Be careful!" Yifan managed to say before Luhan sprinted away.

------------

It started off from a brisk walk back home but after a few moments, Yifan was practically running. When he reached their shared apartment, he was panting hard but Yifan did not stop to rest as he walked over to Yixing's desk, feeling satisfied when his fingers were wrapped around the booklet.

"Gotcha," Yifan hums as he quickly made his way downstairs, remembering to call for a taxi.

--------------

"Baekhyunnie...do you think he's all right? I mean...he just came from another country so he won't be so familiar to the roads and..." Yixing paced back and forth near the studio door, his friend sitting by the chair at the door.

"He's definitely coming, so don't worry about anything else," Baekhyun repeated himself for the 5th time.

Like what Baekhyun had said, Yifan did appear and was surprisingly a step earlier than the white witch. Yixing took the design booklet and gave the other a back breaking hug, he was so overjoyed that he only remembered to let go when he heard the giggles and whispers around them.

Damn why did I have to hug him...i could have controlled my emotions...ughhh he must be thinking that I am weird.

"Thank you...so much...please let me treat you to a meal or something," Yixing bit on his lower lip, fingernails digging into the soft fabric of his sleeve. He could sense his cheeks turning pink, making him look like some high school girl.

"Since you're so indebted...we'll settle it after this?" Yifan gave the other a smirk and gestured him to his friends.

Yixing could only stare at his handsome housemate with his lips parted.

He did not just smirk at me.

The photo shoot ended way past the arranged timing and Yixing scurried over to Yifan's side, afraid that his life saviour was all lonely and left out. When he arrives at the back of the studio, he spots Yifan surrounded by a group of female models and he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, much like the feeling when your ice cream gets snatched away on a hot day.

"Oh there you are," Yifan's voice made the other male jot up from his place.

Yixing watched in silence as Yifan moved closer to him, step by step, until he could see his smooth pale complexion and those fine baby hairs on his forehead--

Yixing realised that they had been standing way too close for personal comfort and backed away.

"I'm so sorry...we ended late and...if you're still ok with dinner we can..." Yixing wondered why it was so difficult to make a conversation with the other; everything seemed to be all blurry and sparkly when Yifan was looking at him.

"I wouldn't have waited if I didn't want to go," Yifan smiled as he placed an arm over the shorter one before they walked away from the female models who were completely out stuck by how Yifan had left them to be.

-------

It’s awkward.

Because Yixing was teased by his fellow bros when they were making their way out of the studio.

It’s awkward.

Because Yixing failed to think of any interesting topics to start the conversation with.

It’s awkward.

Because they couldn't find any good restaurants and ended up having to eat at a small and crowded eatery.


"Yixing?" Yifan managed to settle his long legs under the wobbly table without touching Yixing's knees(but his effort was to no avail) as he waved a hand in front of Yixing's face.

Yixing snapped back to reality and forced a sheepish smile.

"Ah...order as much as you like ha..ha..." Yixing whispered.

This is going to be the worst dinner ever. He thought and immediately raises a hand for some soju.

--------

The dinner wasn’t so bad from what he had imagined to be and Yifan was amazingly chatty and seemed to be very interested in every issue of his live. Yixing was a little shocked by his sudden change from the day they first met but Yifan’s laughter made up for it. They were like primary school friends that have been around each other for a very long time as they shared every little bits of their lives with each other. Yixing was about to take another sip of his soju when the cup never reached his lips.

“You should stop drinking, are you some alcoholic or something?” Yifan chuckled and replaced Yixing’s cup with a glass of orange juice.

“It’s a habit…” Yixing pouted and tried to get his soju back, only to witness Yifan gulping the liquid down his throat.

----------

 The walk back home was a tedious one when Yixing couldn’t even stop himself from tripping over his own feet. Yifan had asked Yixing to get onto his back a few times before but the response were either a push or some inaudible murmurings. The last resort was Yixing throwing an arm over Yifan’s shoulder while Yifan steadied his waist. Then again, Yifan appreciates the taxi services.

Later that night, Yixing arrived home feeling a little light headed. He watches from the couch as Yifan pours him a cup of warm honey water.

He didn't know why his hand was all tired and that Yifan had to feed him by the cup.

Everything seemed to be a blur and he shuts his eyes for a moment, thinking that it was all a dream. Until his cheeks landed on something warm and soft. Yifan's lap.

"Hmmm..." Yixing sleepily mumbled as he adjusted himself.

"Hey...you can't sleep here," Yifan tried to sound serious but failed horribly.

"Naw...I can..." Yixing opened his eyes to take a peek at the person above.

His fingers moved on their own, following the contours of Yifan's face, finally stopping at his right eye lid.

“Pretty eyelashes…” Yixing said drowsily as he continued to run the back of his fingers along Yifan’s cheek, down to his chin.

Yifan swallows thickly; his body stiffens at Yixing’s every movement. It was the first time that he had ever felt like that when someone touched him. Moreover, Yixing was someone he only knew for a short period of time.

“Yixing…”

Yifan holds the other’s smaller hand in his own bigger one when he felt his fingers slipping off his chin. A warm and fuzzy feeling spread through his whole being when he saw Yixing smiling back at him with the same tender look in his brown orbs. Yifan could only remember that pair of sparkly eyes when he leans in, closing the gap between them, forever.

-----------

A/n: as always I hoped you have enjoyed this chapter…although it was lacking and y(thats not even a real word…I can’t…)  I am really sorry for disappearing for such a long time…and coming back with this piece of…crap…T^T please forgive me…thank you for sticking around with me till today T^T I mean…just thank you…(and to those who left…I understand your feelings and I don’t blame you…it’s my own fault from the beginning) T^T

SORRY FOR ALL THE MISTAKES I MADE IN THE FIC.

I will post the replies by tomorrow…*gonna go cry a river and reflect on my mistake…*

leave me comments…T^T you can scold me if you want T^T