Chapter 1.7: HE CAN’T BEAT ME!

We Can't Get Married!

 

Chapter 1.7: HE CAN’T BEAT ME!

[Yuri’s P.O.V]

It was already afternoon and there I was in the park, hanging in the monkey bar with my silent growling stomach, enduring everything, regretting my slow-witted decisions. I remember myself hesitating few hours ago about being here but LOOK AT ME! Making a fool out of myself! Who in the world would want to compete with someone who’s 100x stronger than you are? That would be ME! Dang. I should have emphasized every single detail when he challenged me. Aiiissh. Regrets, regrets. That won’t work now since everything has already begun! And I feel like I’m killing myself already. If I could only move the time backwards!

[FLASHBACK]

“Kajja. We have to go.” Yunho sunbaenim grabbed my hand as soon as he finished messing up my hair. I tried to let go but he’s too strong. Dang! I should probably work out in the gym. I should be atleast 20-30% of his strength. He continued to pull me. I was clueless in where we’ll go but since he’s pulling me, I don’t need to know. Minutes passed and I’m starting to get tired. People’s eyes were on us and the cameraman was doing its best so it can cope up with our speed. With that, I bet they already know we’ve started filming We Got Married.

“Sunbaenim! Where are we going? We’ve been walking for minutes now. Have pity on cameraman-oppa!” I complained and panted as we continued to walk.

“We’re almost there.” He answered in a plain tone. Great, I’ve been receiving that response for like 5 times now. Aiiish. I just rolled my eyes and continued to follow his trail. And then, after a couple of steps we stopped in not too far away but seemed like old children’s playground. The slide looked fine but the swing was a total wreck, though I think you could still seat on it. I looked around and observed the surroundings. First thing I noticed the serenity. Second, the park is kind of old but I still like it. Third, are we filming a drama? Fourth, nothing in particular.

“What are we doing here anyway?” I asked sunbaenim as I walked onto the swing and check out the rust.

“I told myself to bring my wife here.” Sunbaenim’s answer made me shiver. Goosebumps, I didn’t like it.

“Yah sunbaenim, still can’t get over that I’m not your wife?” I giggled as I faced him.

“Still can’t get over the truth?” He asked me back in a serious tone. Okay, I was taken back a BIT. Only a BIT. I managed to forcefully giggle and face again the swing to escape his haunted stare. I heard his footsteps and wondered where he went. And then, there he was already seated on the slide as long as his legs. He seriously looked like a BABO.

“Yey!” He cheered as soon as he finished forcing himself to slide. I probably laughed OUT LOUD. I mean, it’s really funny!

“So, me looking like a BABO make you laugh huh?” He coolly stated as he got up and brushed his clothes.

“Honestly, yes but for the sake of not being killed, no.” I got a grip onto reality as I stopped laughing. But, that was just for split seconds because after 5 seconds I started to laugh hysterically. I don’t know what has gotten to me but it’s just damn funny! I heard him smirk and walked into my front. For that reason, I stood up straight and gathered myself and slightly coughed.

“I’m sorry for that.” I stopped from laughing and got back in my usual feminine personality.

“I heard your pretty comptetive.” Sunbaenim stated out of nowhere and placed his hands into the pocket of his tracksuit.

“Oh, I’m not So Nyu Shi Dae’s Sporty member for nothing.” I smirked and bragged. Well, it’s quite true! There’s nothing to be ashamed of ne?

“Let’s see your skills then.” He raised a brow, challenging me. I just giggled. Is he serious?

“Oh sure. How then?” I cheekily smiled and was pretty confident, I guess.

“Let’s compete.” He answered me as he walked onto my side and faced his head into my direction.

“Are you kidding me sunbaenim? I mean you’re a man and I’m a woman.” I smirked out of disbelief. Oh come’on I’m seriously sure that I’ll lose over him. He’s one of the strongest man I know.

“So, does that mean that you’re accepting my superiority in this marriage?” He raised a brow and chuckled.

“Mworago?!” I shouted. What did he said?! Superiority, marriage?! Is he going crazy?!

“You heard me.” He poked my chin and giggled. Now what?! He’s starting to tease me?! Tsss. No thanks!

“What’s the game then?” I asked him confidently as I stepped forward and turned, facing his back.

“It’s all about endurance. We have to cling into the monkey bars as long as we can. The one who can cling longer wins.” He answered as he turned to face me. What are we midschoolers?! Aiish. Shinja.

“What’s my benefit?” I raised a brow and crossed my arms. I would never play a game that won’t give me an advantage. Yunho sunbaenim came closer and whispered.

“I’ll ask pd-nunim to stop this marriage.” STOP THIS MARRIAGE?! WOAAAH~ IT’S A PURE MUSIC IN MY EARS~ MY KEY TO SWEET SERENITY~ MY ONLY WISH AT THE MOMENT~ A WAY TO PRESERVE MY CAREER~ IT’S MY EVERYTHING~

“Game on.” I grinned and stretched my head.

“But if I win, you have to bear with me until the end.” He took one step to look at me straight in the eye, faces were once again several inches away from each other.

“No prob, Let’s do it!” I accepted his challenged and gave him this why-not look.

[End of Flashback]

And that’s the end of the story. Those were the moments I want to delete! I mean come’on Yuri! What happened to your wit?! Why did you accept his challenge?! Look at you Yuri! Look at you!

“Giving up?” Sunbaenim chuckled as he turned his head into the right side to look at me, still clinging into the monkey bar.

“No. Not now.” I answered him. And that was a lie! I seriously want to give up now! This is game over! I can’t hold on any longer. Anee, Yuri-ah anya! You have to keep holding on! Remember that SWEET VICTORY if you defeat this sunbaenim beside you ne? You can do this! Fighting! I gulped and continued to hold on..

5 minutes… 10 minutes… 20 minutes… 30 minutes..

“I can’t hold onto this!” I complained and let go of my hands into the monkey bar.

“Gaaaah. My whole arms are getting numb!” I whined and do several stretches. No kidding! It just felt numb! All I can think of that time is my numbness and my hunger. But then I heard him chuckle.

“I won. You know my prize ne?” He boasted as he let go of the monkey bar and did some several stretches. Wow, thanks SUNBAENIM! You just made me remember your prize! Aiiish.

“That was seriously easy.” He continued to chuckle and moved beside me. I looked at him with my eagle eyes. GAME OVER YURI! I just groaned and sat on the ground, childishly.

“I don’t want to do this anymore!” I mumbled as I pouted.

[Yunho’s P.O.V]

1 hour clinging into the monkey bar? That’s kind of easy. I mean it’s a hundred times much more convenient rather than doing a hundreds of push-uos. I actually felt bad for Yuri but we had a deal. And I don’t like losing.. But I think she can carry on, I heard she’s a sporty gal. I’m sure she’ll make through. But, I guess I’m wrong she gave up after an hour. It was kind of expected since I’m aware of a girls’ capacity.

“Gaaaah. My whole arms are getting numb!” She whined as she did several stretches. I chuckled since I remember her talking like she’ll win an hour ago but right now, she’s whining.

“I won. You know my prize ne?” I reminded her and yawned. The challenge was not that hard for me, maybe because I’m a man?

“That was seriously easy.” I continued to chuckle as I walked beside her. She gave this thunder-like stare and groaned. And after a split second, she’s now sitting at the ground childishly.

“I don’t want to do this anymore!” She mumbled as she pouted. I chuckled once again at her attitude. That was seriously immature. She was like a 180 degree change of the Kwon Yuri I know when she’s on stage.

“Kajja. The ground is too dirty to sit on.” I reached out my hand into her to help her stand up. While she just rolled her eyes and turned her head away from me. Another failure, I thought. But then surprisingly she grabbed my hand, in a there’s-nothing-I-can-do aura though.

--

A/N: Heya Readers! And this is Chapter 1.7 :'> Hope you'll like it! And please leave some feedbacks and comments, since I use as my inspiration to write more. Happy Reading! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!~ TC ^