CHAPTER 5.5: I CAN'T BE LIKE THIS FOREVER

We Can't Get Married!

[Yuri’s POV]

I really don’t want to be a party bummer but I felt like I have to contemplate for a while.. I had to reflect the actions that I dim-wittedly done. I quietly sat in the balcony with a soda in hand, feeling the fresh air. My thoughts, they were in chaos. So many things are running in my mind, especially after watching our pilot episode. It was so damn pathetic! This virtual marriage, I made it complicated when it shouldn’t be. =___= Aiiyu, I know this is part of my job and yet…

“Yah, how come the wife’s not inside while everyone is?” A familiar voice said from behind from then and onwards I knew it was…

Sunbaenim.” I blurted out loudly, slightly surprised. “What are you doing here?” I asked monotonely.

“Uhh, you were out of my sight. So I felt like I have to look out for you.” He replied with a shrug.

“What am I? Your daughter?” I retorted and chuckled with sarcasm.

“Ani, you’re my wife.” He answered comfortably. These sorts of moments, I’m really not good at handling it.

“Aiyu.”  I sighed loudly and stared into space.

Ha-ha.” An awkward chuckle came out from sunbaenim, earning my attention.

Yah sunbaenim, what was that for?” I looked at him confusedly.

You.” He blurted. “Do you still feel uncomfortable hearing the words: mywife?” He suddenly asked. Oh right, that took me back a bit.

“Well. I’m going to be real honest with you sunbaenim.” I took a sigh and straightened my posture. The best way to work this out is to tell my real feelings right?

“Those two words…” I started... Now, what am I going to say next?“It’s not like that.” I uttered. What do I mean by that?

“Aish.” I poked my forehead with my fist. “What the heck am I saying?” I thought loudly and bit my lip, frowning at how pathetic I am.

“This side of you..” Sunbaenim suddenly spoke. “It’s adorable.” He chuckled whole-heartedly. I smirked with disbelief, my thoughts they’re in frenzy right now, yet he’s just chuckling whole-heartedly right beside me?!

“And just when I’m trying to express myself, you laughed at me.” I exclaimed out loud, with my chin up. “You’re rude.” I quickly concluded and glared at him.

Mwo? I said it was adorable though.” He replied in such a dumb-manner while I just smiled at him forcedly.

“Anyway, those 2 words…” I shifted back to the topic. “I’m still uncomfortable with it. No matter what I do. It’s uncomfortable!” I continued.

“You can’t adjust yourself with it? By the “it”, I’m talking about our whole marriage.” Sunbaenim asked blankly, in a low voice.

“I don’t want to adjust myself with it.” I answered him honestly.

“Ah, I see.” Sunbaenim said in a really low voice, implying disappointment.

“I mean, I don’t want to adjust with it forcedly. If I’m going to adjust myself, I want it to be naturally.” I added as I explained myself.

“Okay, I didn’t understand that quite a bit.” He said with a slight frown. I sighed as I looked at him with a smile.

“You see, if I’m going to force myself adjusting to it. This marriage, it will really turn out as a fake one.” I explained with a shrug. “But if I adjust with it naturally, then that meant I succeeded with getting along well with you.” I furthermore continued.

“Oh.” Sunbaenim reacted.

My attitude right now…” I stated. “I think, it’s my natural way of getting along with you. Pathetic right?” I chuckled. “Even though, we’re going to bicker a lot because of my pathetic way, even though this might take forever, and even though it’s going to take bit by bit… I think before we know it, our relationship might bloom into a beautiful flower.” I laughed at the way I compared our relationship to a flower though.

“And, I even thought this marriage was hopeless.” Sunbaenim said with a satisfied grin. “I’m actually planning to cancel this marriage.” He added in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Mwo?!” I shouted with surprise.

“But that’s no to avail now~ Not after I heard about you making this marriage bloom into a flower and stuffs.” He teased with a laugh. My jaws dropped in shock. Aigu. This sunbae sure knows how to drive me crazy!

“Sunbaenim. Everything that I’ve said, they were fake!” I exclaimed loudly. “The words I’ve said, I think it’s the outburst of my thoughts!” I tried to convince him. Aish!

“Outburst of your thoughts?” He asked with a frown. While I nodded with enthusiasm, now I think I’m convincing him!

“Ne. It was the aftermath of my frenzy thoughts!” I continued with a grin.

Then…” He said in a low voice. Oh gosh, here it goes!..“I think those words were from your heart.” He concluded as he faced me, his index finger pointing at my heart.

“Ne?”  I reacted dumbly.

“Yah, now that I thought about it. Your words about adjusting with our marriage naturally… It’s like a different way of saying: Love is not something happens when you decide to. It’s something that comes naturally.” He teased with a grin while I was loss for words. What was seriously running on my mind when I said those words?!

Yah sunbaenim! How can you relate that to that?!” I shouted loudly as I bit my lip.

Wae? It makes sense right?” He taunted with a grin.

“Mwora—?”

“Now, now. This marriage might turn into a real time anytime soon.” Someone cut me off with an ahjussi tone. Oh god, that voice.

“Oh, Teukie hyung. When did you get here?” Yunho sunbaenim asked casually while I mentally punched myself.

Yah, Kwon Yuri~ What was that?! Love is not something happens when you decide to. It’s something that comes naturally~! Heol~!” That ahjumma tone. Sigh.

“Taeyeonnie, it’s not what you think.” I said with a plain tone and faced their direction only to see the both of them getting all giddy beside us with their fingers curled up and wide grins.

“Those words came from her heart jagiya!~” Teukie oppa said in his ahjussi-voice while they both laughed. Sigh, the neighborhood ahjussi and ahjumma.

“Teukie hyung, our talk. It is something that I want to keep between us.” Yunho sunbaenim suddenly said. “Kindly forget that you heard our conversation.”

“Yah, jagiya did you hear that? It’s something that should be kept as secret between them.” Taeyeon said in her ahjumma voice. Ah, that dangerous tone. “Let’s forget that we heard it okaaayy?~~” She continued with a giddy laugh.

“Memory erased~ Pyong~~” They both hit their foreheads with their bare palms and went away. I’m definitely sure Taeyeon won’t let this pass though.

“Ahh, those two.” Yunho sunbaenim said with a grin. “I’m sure they wouldn’t let this fly though.” He shook his head.

“Of course, they won’t. They ain’t the neighborhood ahjussi and ahjumma for nothing.”  I said in a matter-of-fact of tone.

Jakkaman, you’re fine with it?” Sunbaenim suddenly asked while I frowned.

“Ne. I don’t see something wrong with it.” I replied casually.

Shinja?” He asked with disbelief. “That’s not like you though.” He said with a frown.

Aish. You freak.” I said with a glare and clenched teeth.

Oh, now that’s you.” He chuckled whole-heartedly.


[Yunho’s POV]

The party didn’t last for a couple hours since we all had our own schedules. But I’m still thankful to everyone though. They managed to organize a party despite of their busy schedules. I went straight to our dance practice and danced like there was no tomorrow like I always did.

“Yah hyung.”  Changmin called out for me.

Wae?” I replied as I looked up at him. We were in a middle of a 10-minute break and I was sitting at the floor.

“If something good happened last week, I suppose something really truly good happened today.” He suddenly concluded as he chuckled.

Mwo? What made you say that?” I chuckled along. He’s right though.

“You were staring into space with a huge idiotic grin.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone. “You only do that sort of face when something really good happened. And it should be related with your romance.” He added with a teasing grin.

“Now, what the heck are you talking about?” I replied with a chuckle.

Aiyu~ It’s been a while since you’ve been like that. This marriage, I think it’s good for you.” He stated as he sat down beside me.

“Is it? It’s hard to deal with a sarcastic kid though.” I replied.

“Oh really? Your million-dollar smile right now says otherwise.” He said with a smirk while I suddenly became conscious of my expression. I don’t know what’s wrong with me but everything she had said earlier made me genuinely happy.


[Yuri’s POV]

So, today was Saturday a.k.a filming day for We Got Married and I already arrived in our filming site. I’m slowly getting used to it and it doesn’t bother me like before either. Well, I’m still bothered but not that really bothered. Aish, what am I saying? I just shook my head and went straight to our house. I noticed a huge truck parked in front of it though.

Eh?”  I muttered, completely clueless. I simply went straight inside our house, I can ask sunbaenim anyway.

Ahnyonghasseo~” I greeted everyone inside with a smile. Ah, there’s only 3 cameramen today huh? They all bowed back as a sign of greeting.

Oh, you’re here?” Sunbaenim said casually as soon as he saw me.

Ne~~” I said awkwardly and went to seat in the couch and placed down my bag.

Aiyuu~ What’s up with the soft side?” He said with sarcasm as he sat down beside me, with a soda in hand.

“Nothing.” I replied with an obvious fake-smile.

“Oh, I’m not really used to it though.” He uttered loud enough for me to hear.

Sunbaenim, I can hear you.” I said with skepticism.

“Ah, you can?” He replied densely. I just replied with a fake smile.

“Now, before I lose our temper. What’s the truck outside for?” I tried to shift into a new topic.

“Ah, the truck outside? I bought sets of furniture.” He replied casually. Furniture?

Mwo? But we already have lots of them!” I replied with my eyes widened.

“Eiiii~ doesn’t seem like it for me though.” He answered. Did he just use aegyo? I just shook my head with a frown as I stood up. I went outside and I knew he followed along. And to my surprise, I saw a complete set of furniture right in front of me. Beds, dining tables, couches, tables, lamps, everything!

“What the heck is this?!” I exclaimed with my jaws dropped.

“Uhh, furniture for our house?” Sunbaenim answered casually, as if it was something I should know.

Mwo?! They’re not necessary. It’s too much!” I replied frantically. I held onto sunbaenim’s wrist and dragged him inside our house and led him to sit in the couch.

Sunbaenim.” I began. “How many times should I have to remind you that you shouldn’t be reckless with buying things?”

Eh? There’s nothing wrong with those though.” He replied with a shrug.

“Stop spending money too much! That’s not a modest way of living!” I lectured.

“Do you want me to return them to the store then?” He asked naively while I slapped my forehead.

“Aish, you replicate a rich spoiled bratt to much.” I said with a sigh. “Let’s think of something we can do with those things that can be productive.” I said with a nod.

“YURI UNNIE!~” A pair of voices suddenly called out for me, startling me big time. I looked at the door, my eyes almost dropped from their sockets as I saw 6 familiar figures waving their hands at me.


A/N: *drumrolls~ I present to you chapter 5.5~ So, how was it? It was a little bit short wasn't it? Tell me your thoughts about it okay?~ It has been a real while right? I'm sorry for being such an irresponsible author~~ >o< I'm already half-way with the next chapter so you won't have to wait for so long again and this time its real. >___< That's pretty much it. ^o^v. Hope you'll enjoy. COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. ;) And, oh I'm reaching 100 subscribers soon. *claaaps Thanks to everyone~ Kkkkkk. ^____________^ 

[PLUGGING] I created a new fic (again) and this time it's about arranged marriage. It's my first time writing one about it so hope you'll support me there too. ^____^ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/194117/the-two-hearts-which-combined-dbsk-jaejoong-jaeri-snsd-yunho-yunri-yuri

[SPOILER] SM Family Love, next chapter~~