CHAPTER 5: YOU CAN'T AIR IT!

We Can't Get Married!

A/N: After ages of waiting, finally an update! I'm sorry for making you guys wait. Hope this is worth the wait~ I'm still wondering if I still have readers though~ And please, leave a comment/feedback as a Christmas present for me~ I would love to hear all of your opinions~ :')


DAY 3: YOU CAN’T AIR IT!

[Yuri’s POV]

Ahnyonghasseo~” Yuri and I both greeted in unison and bowed.

“Aiigoo~ What a cute couple.” The ahjumma remarked with a laugh. “Reminds me of my younger days.” She added while I smiled.

“We’re taking the place.” Sunbaenim suddenly said without my consent.

Chongmal?” Ahjumma replied.

“We are?” I blurted, slightly surprised.

Wae? You don’t like this house? As the husband, I think this is the best for us.” Sunbaenim said in such a cool way, acting so husbandly.

Aiigoo~ You’ve got a handsome and cool husband there young lady. You must be very lucky.” Ahjumma noted with a smile which was really adorable. Her smile was so pure.

“Ahh, ye. I guess I am.” I replied with a warm smile too. I was carried away with the atmosphere she made~

“So, you guys are taking the house ne?” Ahjumma brought up with the smile never leaving her face.

“Ne~” Sunbaenim and I both answered in unison. I took a glance in Sunbaenim and saw him smiling ear-to-ear. What’s up with that?

“Come in. You have to check the house.” Ahjumma gestured us to go in. We both nodded our heads and followed her inside.

Daebak.” Sunbaenim blurted as we saw the whole place inside. The interior design inside was really the opposite of the house’s appearance on the outside. The structure of the house looked nice and humble but damn, the inside was modern! It might not be as big as Jisook’s nor Soojin’s but it is hundred times better.

“I know right?” I second his motion with my jaw almost dropping. The living room was furnished with a nice red couch and 60-inches Sony LCD flat-screen television. The kitchen looked nice with its black and white concept. Mind to tell you, the appliances needed for cooking were all complete.

“Let’s see the bedroom.” Ahjumma suggested with a smile.

“Ne~” I replied with enthusiasm and followed ahjumma to the corner. Ahjumma opened the door and I can say was..

Daebak.” I said, my jaws almost dropping. The bedroom was the definition of luxury. I eyed the whole room and admired its every corner. I love the black and white concept and the electronic curtain for heaven’s sake! I was left in awe, I just love the whole place but the thing is…

“Sunbaenim.” I called out, giving him a reason to stare down at me.

“Hm?” He hummed shortly, waiting for me to open my mouth.

“Do you like the place?” I asked him comfortably.

“Of course I do.” He replied with a to-die-for smile patting my head. Aish, what’s with him? “How about you?” He asked.

“I do too. I mean, who wouldn’t like this place? It’s a good thing that we both like this place too! But..” I scratched my head, hesitating to say it.

“But?” Sunbaenim leveled his head on mine and stared at my eyes, keen to know the answer.

“Our budget might lack you know?” I stated as I bit my lip. Sunbaenim just laughed as he stood up properly.

Aigoo~ “Our” huh?” He muttered, confusing me.

“Yah sunbaenim, are you by any chance going crazy?” I said, slightly worried. He just chuckled at stared at me with a smile. Minutes have passed and he’s staring at me, still not replying. Okay, this is getting creepy.

Sunbaenim?” I called out once again, trying to get his soul back to earth and viola he did. This sunbae is starting to get creepier.

It’s nothing. It’s just thatyou’re acting so wifely right now that I like it.” He noted and gave another pat in my head. Aish, this sunbae thinks I’m acting so wifely right now? No way.

Yah, I’m not acting wifely. I’m just worried about our budget.” I reasoned out as I crossed my arms.

“That’s the point.” He replied with a smile, shrugging as he looked at me.

“I just don’t get you at some points.” I shook my head and diverted my attention to other things. With that, my eyes met ahjumma’s.

“Should we talk about the price of the house?” She recommended while I nodded my head awkwardly.

Ne, I think we should.” I tried to smile while she nodded her head and led the way to the dining room.


[Yunho’s POV]

We arrived at the last house available around the area. And, I don’t know why but I feel like the place is perfect for us. That’s why I quickly said that we’ll take the place without Yuri’s consent. Of course, she was slightly surprised with my sudden decision. What she will oppose being here too? I told her on what’s on my mind; as the husband, I think this place is the best for us. I knew Yuri was about to say something but Ahjumma stopped her through saying I was cool and Yuri was lucky. Of course, she is. I’m Asia’s Hottest Leader for goodness’ sake. Girls drool over me.

“Ahh, ye. I guess I am.” Yuri replied, wearing her warm smile, grabbing my attention. I don’t know why but hearing her say that with that expression just makes me smile? Of course as a man, she has already stepped on my pride with her crazy antics and rejections. So, now seeing her agreeing that she’s lucky to have me was such a huge relief and I won’t deny it. A true man never denies what he feels.

“So, you guys are taking the house?” Ahjumma suddenly suggested, pulling me back to reality. We both nodded our heads and followed inside and damn all I can say was; daebak. The whole place is awesome. We went to the bedroom, the last area we’re going to see and yes, it was daebak. It’s definitely my ideal home. I was eyeing the room slowly when Yuri called out for me, asking me if I like the place. I like the fact that she asked me comfortably. But, I feel like something’s bothering her and I found out that it’s about..

“Our budget might lack you know?” She stated as she bit her lip while I laughed and stood up properly. She’s worrying about money? If we’re going to talk about individual salaries, we both make big salaries. But I think she was talking about our money.

Aigoo~ “Our” huh?” I muttered and smiled at the thought.

“Yah sunbaenim, are you by any chance going crazy?” Yuri suddenly tapped my shoulders, slightly worried. I just once again stared at her and chuckled. This day is good, we’ve improved a lot. We both agreed to work on this marriage well, we took our first picture together, and she called me oppa and now this. That Jisook guy was slightly a nuisance though but I don’t really care anymore. Cause, here she is acting like we’re on a marriage after all talking about finances and stuffs.

Sunbaenim?” Yuri suddenly called out. Did I just doze off? Okay, Yunho calm down. You’re being too happy over small things.

It’s nothing. It’s just thatyou’re acting so wifely right now that I like it.” I just patted her head and smiled, keeping my composure. It eventually slightly annoyed her.. As expected.

Yah, I’m not acting wifely. I’m just worried about our budget.” She reasoned out childishly, crossing her arms.

“That’s the point.” I simply smiled and shrugged to avoid further endless argument.

“I just don’t get you at some points.” She just shook her head.

“Should we talk about the price of the house?” Ahjumma recommended upon hearing our conversation, practically.


We all sat in the dining table, not uttering a single word. Waiting for someone to initiate a conversation then finally..

“Ahjumma~ Your place is really nice and we really like it.” Yuri said kindly. Wow, talk about split personalities. This is the complete opposite of her when we talk. “But, the thing is.. How much does it cost?” She finally stated courageously.

“Well, you’re only going to rent the place ne?” Ahjumma asked, looking at both of us.

“Ne.” Yuri replied with her soft voice. So, this is what she is when talking to other people.

“This place actually cost 1M won a month.” Ahjumma informed. 1M won? It’s worth it. I mean look around the area, it’s awesome. But eventually, this made Yuri gasp in disbelief. Ahh, why does she have to be so conscious about the money? I like it though so I’ll keep my mouth shut.

“Is that the last price?” Yuri scratched her cheek and smiled.

“Yes, it is. But in any case, are you guys newly weds?” Ahjumma suddenly changed the topic, catching Yuri off guard.

“Ahh—”

“Yes we are.” I answered before Yuri could. I don’t want to hear her denial stuffs all over again.

“Then, that’s great. I’ll give this to you as gift.” Ahjumma said with enthusiasm while Yuri and I both went..

Chongmal?!” We both replied as if it was a reflex.

Ye.” Ahjumma said with a laugh.

“But, wouldn’t it be a huge disadvantage for you ahjumma? You really don’t have to give this for free.” I suddenly said. I’m a sensitive person after all.

“It wouldn’t be. Mind to tell you, this ahjumma is rich.” She pointed at herself and laughed. I guess, we would really take this for free. It’s a huge advantage after all.

Kamsamneeda~!” Yuri and I both bowed with a huge smile. We are really both grateful.

“What can we do to pay back your kindness ahjumma?” Yuri said with a soft smile. Aish, this sarcastic kid can be an angel if she wants to and an annoying brat whenever she’s with me.

“I have nothing on my mind right now. But, maybe I will seek for your help soon.” Ahjumma replied with a smile.


[Yuri’s POV]

Another day has ended and I was on my way back to our dorm. I leaned my head in the window and took a deep sigh. This is it, I really am virtually married to Jung Yunho sunbaenim. I pursed my lips and pondered.. I wonder when will our pilot episode be aired.. Now that we had our house, I’m pretty sure our pilot episode will be aired soon.

“Yah, oppa.” I called out for our manager as I sat properly.

“Wae?” He quickly replied.

“When will our pilot episode air? I mean, do you think 3 months after this day?” I raised a brow and looked at him, keen to know the answer.

“Yah, 3 months? That’s too long.” Manager-oppa chuckled in disbelief.

“Then when?” I desperately asked back.

“This week’s broadcast maybe?”

Mwo?!” I shouted upon his sudden answer.

“Yah, what’s wrong? Remember, you’re filming a variety show, not a drama. Geez.” He said annoyingly.

“Yah oppa! You’re my manager right? As a manager you should think about my career! If this marriage goes on, don’t you think I’ll ruin my career?” I said in a matter-of-fact tone, staring at his eyes.

“Then, as your manager, I think this is good for you.” He said formally while I covered my eyes. Since, this oppa is one of our most-protective managers ever, if he says it’s good for me then maybe it really is.. or maybe not? Aish.


[Yunho’s POV]

The filming ended before I knew it and I was on my way to SME Building. I still have to practice our dance routine for our repackage title song; Before You Go. It’s already mid-March so we’re up for repackage. It took an hour before I finally arrived to SME and quickly headed to our practice room.

Modu annyong!~” I greeted cheerfully as soon I stepped inside. Just then, all the pairs of eye were on me.

Wae? What’s up with the stares?” I said as I placed my bag down and chuckled.

“You’re surprisingly hyper today. I suppose, something good happened in filming huh?” Changmin replied, his hands at his waist.

“Tell me what’s so good about spending a whole day with a sarcastic kid who keeps on telling you to cancel your marriage.” I chuckled and clapped my hands. “Let’s not talk about something unrelated to our practice for now and focus okay?” I cheerfully suggested and turned the music on.

“Don’t kid on me. Seeing your reaction right now, filming went great didn’t it?” He eyed me. I knew he wouldn’t let this one go.

“Maybe it did.” I smiled while he smirked. “Now, that I’ve answered. Let’s get to practice now okay?” I looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Yes, yes. I get it. I won’t ask anymore.” Changmin rolled his eyes and went to his proper position. And, that was the cue of another endless night of dance practice.


4 days later.. (03.13.11)

[Yuri’s POV]

I’m currently hereon SME, practicing the same dance moves all over again since our company just announced we’ll be holding the company concert on Paris with this coming June. With that being said, I have to perfect every dance moves in our routines to overwhelm our fans overseas. I should be actually in front of the mirror, dancing my heart out, panting due to exhaustion. But meh, a person’s body always differs from its mind; I’m a living proof. I’m actually here right now,  in front of the Mac Book our fans gave us, playing different games when my fingers voluntarily stopped from moving only to remember yesterday…

[Flashback]

The girls and I all gathered in the living room, since the doom’s day has arrived. Yes, our pilot episode will be aired today and with that being said, I now sentence my death in front of you. Goodbye Korea, Goodbye Earth~

“Kyaaa~ Here it is!!~” Sunny squealed in her high-pitched voice hitting the toy drum our fans gave us. I took a gulp. Looking back to that day right now, I’ve realized I’ve done tons of stupid stuffs which would actually destroy my career. Yes, I’ve dug on my own grave. If only, I acted professional way back then. Sigh, you don’t have time for regrets Kwon Yuri. What have done is done. You can’t erase the past anymore. The screen finally flashed a scene of us after the three idol girls, particularly Secret’s Hyosung, After School’s Jooyeon and Rainbow’s Jaekyung, cameo appearances finished. And with that, I’ve witnessed on how pathetic I looked on the first day we met.

“Wow, I looked so damn pathetic.” I noted as I watched myself laugh sarcastically on screen, denying the fact that sunbaenim was my husband.

“Oh, good thing you know unnie.” Seohyun replied formally and chuckled.

“You look so messed up that we can send you in the mental hospital.” Sooyoung added, chuckling with the other girls.

“I know right?” I replied, agreeing on what she said. Then, after a few moments, the screen flashed the part where in we’re asked on a black room.

[ON THE STUDIO]

PD: What did you honestly felt when you saw DBSK’s Yunho was your husband

Me: Honestly? The first thing that came on my mind was Death. It’s pretty weird but yea. (chuckles awkwardly)

[END]

“You actually asked for death with that answer.” Sooyoung chuckled loudly while I hid my face in embarrassment.

“Yah, do you think fan girls would be swayed by your words? The thing is, you just invited them to kill you!” Tiffany said in matter-o-fact tone and slapped her forehead in frustration.

“Seriously unnie, I handled my own marriage way better than you did.” Seohyun suddenly lectured.

“Alright, alright. I get it, I get it.” I said, surrendering from defending my side. I hate to actually admit it but their freakin’ right!

[ON THE STUDIO]

PD: What did you felt when you knew SNSD’s Yuri was your wife?

Yunho: I actually felt weird at first since we’re from the same company and we’re not that close. It was a bit surprising for me but her sudden rejection was the biggest surprise of em’ all.

PD: Did you feel annoyed from her rejection?

Yunho: Rather than annoyed, I actually felt slightly insulted from her reaction. I mean, as a man, she had stepped on a pride. I was expecting a lovely girl who would be glad and grateful to see me; DBSK’s Jung Yunho. But she was the complete opposite. I guess I expected too much. But, as hours passed by, I thought it was more fun and interesting this way. With her being like that, she only left me with one choice; to do my best to make her like me. I guess, she made our virtual marriage different from others since while the others are all being lovey-dovey, I’m still courting my wife-to-be. (chuckles whole-heartedly)

[END]

“Dreamy.” Tiffany fan-girled as she intertwined her hands and stared at the flat screen with her eyes sparkling.. “See, Kwon Yuri. You should be like Yunho oppa; sensitive, loving, open-minded. If I could only replace you~” She continued. Thanks Fany! You’re completely helping me!

“Opposites do attract.” Seohyun noted formally and smiled.

“Why did We Got Married-pds refused to give me such a wonderful husband?” Taeyeon said in her ahjumma voice and shook her head.

“Aigoo, why does oppa have to be so nice to you? He should have used this opportunity to make his fans hate you!” Hyoyeon stated evilly.

“Yah! That’s too much!” I slapped Hyo’s arms while she just laughed.

“That just means you have to be thankful unnie.” Seohyun mentioned while I turned my eyes on her direction. “He was so nice to think about stuffs open-mindedly and positively.” She added while I just hid my face in my arms. This makes me look like I’m the bad person here!

[End of Flashback]

I took a deep sigh as I cupped my forehead. Why did I have to remember of all things, that scenario all over again? Our whole pilot episode was seriously replaying all over mind ever since yesterday that I didn’t even get a blink of sleep. It showed how childish and unprofessional I was. Maybe, I did overreact a bit. Well, overreacting is part of my nature though. But still, this one was way too over. But like I said, it’s too late for regrets now. My mind is sinking into deep thoughts when an idea suddenly came up in my mind.

Should I check the news?” I mumbled all by myself. But, am I ready? A whole page of anti’s of me might slap my whole face!

Maybe I shouldn’t.” I quickly added upon thinking of fan girls raging in anger.

But hey, it’s for my own good too. As a public figure, I should know what the netizens think of me right now.” I mumbled and sighed as I fixed my posture. “Right, that is what professionals do.” I added and typed the url of Naver on the url box. I took a deep sigh and closed my eyes right before I entered. I heard the ticking sound the Mac Book does when a page  is finally completely loaded and that was my cue.. I slowly opened my right eye only to see a huge picture of me and sunbaenim together and to my surprise it was the picture of me and sunbaenim doing the peace sign on the van few days ago. And, what’s more surprising is..

We Got Married’s new couple; SNSD’s Yuri & DBSK’s Yunho gets accepted by the nation whole-heartedly?

It was reported on January that SNSD’s Kwon Yuri and DBSK’s Jung Yunho are officially the newest couple of MBC’s We Got Married! The two surely stirred up great reactions from the netizens, being the most-anticipated couple for the show. A few weeks ago, SNSD’s Yuri various clips of dancing along to DBSK’s newest hit single; Keep Your Head Down were spread on the internet, garnering more attention from netizens. Along Yuri’s video clips were various of pictures of them together strolling in a mall. Few, days ago pictures of them walking around in a street somewhere in Gangnam-gu were also spread. And yesterday, was the end of netizen’s long wait since MBC finally decided to air their finally air their pilot episode entitled; He Can’t Be My Husband! Earning a lot of viewers, MBC’s We Got Married scored a high rating.

A PD from We Got Married stated on the same day: “We were actually anticipating for a great response but it turned out better than expected! The response was explosive and it was really good for the show. The two showed a new genre of chemistry so I don’t wonder why the response was stunning. Filming them was a lot of fun too.”

Netizens also commented, “I laughed hard on their first episode.”, “I actually didn’t like Yuri’s attitude but since Yunho oppa was pretty happy, I’ll be too.”, “Yuri was really funny.”, “They looked incredibly cute together”, “I can’t wait for the next episode!”

DBSK’s Yunho also posted a picture of him and Yuri doing the famous V-sign together in his minihomphy page, stirring the hearts of netizens more. PDs from We Got Married are expecting greater responses for next episodes and said they’re still thinking on what nickname they should give to the newly-weds. So, stay tuned for more!

“Is it the end of the world?” My jaw almost dropped with what I just read. Does it make sense? The whole nation of South Korea is accepting us? Us? As in, Kwon Yuri & Jung Yunho together? I must be hallucinating; this might be the after effect of lack of sleep. I should go pick my senses somewhere. My soul was about to leave my body when my phone suddenly rang. I took it out from the pocket of tracksuit, it was Yoona calling. Wonder what’s up..

Yabuseyo?” I said as soon as I picked the call up.

Unnie, come here at the 4th floor on our other practice room. We’re currently practicing the dance routine as a whole right now! Be quick okay?” She excitedly replied.

“Why so sudden?” I asked, a little bit surprised.

“I don’t know too. Just be here! I’m hanging up~” She said in her aegyo voice.

“Hey, wai—”

“Annyong~” And she hung up. Great Yoong! I simply rolled my eyes and turned off the Mac Book and stood up. This practice is too sudden. I took the stairs and made my way on to the 4th floor. I’m about to reach the practice room and noticed it was too quiet. This floor is usually noisy whenever all of us gather in one room. Wonder what’s up. The next thing I knew was I’m already beside the door standing in the opposite direction on where Yunho sunbaenim was..

Omo, anyonghasseo.” I greeted formally and bowed upon his presence. Dang, how should I face him after our pilot episode aired?

Yah, what’s up with the formality? You were calling me freaky and stubborn a few days ago.” He chuckled as he patted my head. Is patting my head became his hobby now? Seriously, he does it every now and then whenever we would see each other. I simply faked a smile.

“You’re here for the dance routine too?” I changed the topic while he nodded. We both got inside and to our surprise all we saw was a black cloth and I behind it were the girls.

“Now, what is this? Show yourselves.” I shouted and crossed my arms and as I expected…

CHUKKAHAMNIDA~!” They all shouted in unison. Dang, my senses were telling me their plotting on a surprise party! I eyed the area; a lot of SM Family members are present including; Taeminnie, Key, Onew oppa, Amber, Krystal, Teukie oppa, Chul oppa, Kyu oppa, Sungmin oppa, Shindong oppa, Hyuk oppa, Taeng, Seohyun, Yoong, Fany and Seo. I also saw a buffet in the corner and a huge tarpaulin of me and sunbaenim’s selcas together a few days ago.

“Sunbaenim, how did they?—”

“Changmin definitely stole that from my phone.” He answered even before I could finish my question. Aish, he ain’t a close friend of Kyuhyun oppa for nothing!

Noona, why did you deny it on the first place?~ You should have told us sooner!” Taemin said with a kid-like smile. Well, he is a kid.

“We knew it on the first place. Why did you have to be so awkward on the day we asked you?” Teukie oppa chuckled.

“We don’t have to worry about that. Their marriage was a huge hit anyway!” Shindong oppa laughed. Great, now this makes me feel like I’m really on a marriage. Just then, Yoona roamed around the are giving out glasses with wine excluding the minors aka Krystal, Taemin Amber and Krystal, they prepared banana milk for them. Yoona handed the last 2 glasses of wines to me and Yunho sunbaenim with a huge smile.

“For the newly wedded couple~” Hyukkie oppa cheered on while I suddenly felt an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up and met Yunho oppa’s eyes while they all yelled..

SUCCESS!~” in unison. I am now truly virually married to Jung Yunho. It’s official and I can’t run away with it now..

--

A/N: *drums rolls* Finally~~ I've updated, like I said earlier. Keke~ ^^ This will serve as my Christmas present for all of you~ And, I'm sorry, I always tell you guys that I'll update soon but I always end up making you wait for months. I'm a meanie. You can hit me. >o< But, I hope despite of my infrequent update you'll still support me till' the end. I already have a clear vision of this story and I've made a time line about it so, you I'm certain that I won't abandon this fic. But, the problem lays on how can I write it. >o< So, please wait patiently till then. :') I'll appreciate all your support. I also apologize for several wrong grammars, I'm too lazy to edit it. >o< Anyway, have you seen my newest poster?! It's AWESOME isn't it?! A bunch of thank you to pahgiek. ^o^ And oh, Yuri has been casted on Fashion King! HOORAY! Can't wait to see her in a drama!~ And yes, I'm happy to tell everyone that Yuri is now accepting the fact that she's married to Yunho and she'll try to get along with him as much as she can! Keke~ ^o^ So, stay tuned okay? I talk too much today don't I? I should stop now. XD COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE~