Is this it?

It All Started with Kai Bai Bo!

“Zelman, Zelman, Zelman Flock, Zelman Flock, Zelman Flock”, she chants the name of her dog with so much glee. “Give me a Z! Z! Give me an E! E! what have we got? ZE!” and she laughs at her silliness, the dog wagged its tail, feeling the happy atmosphere.

 

“You’re a little 4D yourself, no?” he said smiling as he half run to her direction.

“Hey, you’re back! How was it?” she asked enthusiastically, then continued to play with the paws of her pet.

“Fun, and refreshing”, he summarize his day as he sit beside her.

She stood up, “Wait here”, and she is inside the house. She was back a little later, “Take your shoes off so that your feet can rest, wear these”, she said as she hand him his slippers and slump down beside him again, taking the dog to her lap.

 

“Oh, thank you”, and he did as he was told.

 

__________

 

Dinner time came and they are all gathered on the dining table. Haruhi prepared a glaze-grilled filleted and deboned Unagi. Unagi-no-kabayaki is skewered and grilled with sweet basting sauce, and is popularly served on top of steamed rice to Minsoo’s delight.

 

This isn’t the first time he has feasted on a homemade Japanese dish since this has always been the case every dinner except last night, but, for Minsoo, he felt as though this time, it’s extra special. He enjoyed his food.

 

“We have jackfruit for dessert”, Haruhi boasts with gleaming eyes.

“Yay!” Hyun Hae claps. Minsoo is watching them when he saw Hyun Hae smiling oh-so-sweetly at her mother, though wondering why, he smiled himself.

 

“Oh, I get that smile, Hyun Hae-chan”, Haruhi smiles. “Okay, okay, I’ll remove the seeds for you”, she shakes her head but you can see that she’s happy to do so.

“Aish, this kid, you still ask your mother to do that for you? You’re a grown up now”, Takada scolded her granddaughter.

“But Sobo”, she pouts but couldn’t find the words to defend herself. Minsoo chuckles. They looked at him.

 

Answering their questioning eyes, he continued. “I also deboned the fish for her last night, guess she really is used to having people do that for her”, he said, his tone light, his eyes dancing with amusement.

“You did? Oh right, last night was Sinigang na bangus”, Haruhi said.

“Yes, I saw her eating with just soup, so I offered her a deboned cut of the fish”, and he continued with his food.

 

“What? I didn’t ask him to do it for me, he volunteered”, she offered an explanation when the two older women gave her a disapproving look.

“Yes, that’s right, I do did it voluntarily, don’t scold her”, he said in a kind tone, Haruhi couldn’t help but smile. Takada remained silent.

 

__________

 

Dinner was done and everyone has retreated to their rooms. It was approaching midnight when Hyun Hae went out and sits by the front yard beside Zelman’s mini house. She’s gazing up at the full moon that shines so bright, she stares in wonder. She’s in that position when Minsoo found her.

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping? It’s late”, he said as he slides beside her and look at the direction she’s staring.

“She’s so beautiful, don’t you agree? A night like this is getting rarer by the times, I remembered to always look up at the moon every full moon before, but now, you rarely see it at its brightest like this one”, she somberly stated.

 

She’s right, the moon this night is really beautiful, the sky is clear of clouds, allowing the moon to shine her brightest down at them, he relaxes. “Yeah, she’s really beautiful”, he agrees. “I only know a few who appreciates the moon this much as you do”, he commented, looking at her sitting beside him.

“Hmmm.. I love it so much. This is where I get my power”, she said playfully.

He catches the humor and added, “Oh, that’s why you’re lunatic”, he teases.

“Yah, I’m not lunatic, I’m gifted”, she said raising both her brows at him and smiling a silly one at him.

He laughs, “See? You really are!” and they both laughed at that.

 

Silence deafens them afterwards before Minsoo started to speak again.

“Mmmm”, he started, she looked at him. “I wanna ask you something”, he looked directly at her though he can’t see her face clearly as she is facing away from the light of the moon. Her silence encouraged him to go on. She’s letting him speak.

 

“Can I be your boyfriend?”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

what would you do if C.A.P. would actually ask you if he could be your boyfriend?

I AM SO GONNA DIEEEEE!!!!!