Crazy reminders before heading out

It All Started with Kai Bai Bo!

Hyun Hae woke up early the next day. Her mom woke her up last night to move back to her room when her cousins have left. This is the first day of the three-day-tour-Minsoo-in-Tokyo. Feeling light because of the long sleep, she happily went out to meet everybody else in the house.

 

She found her Sobo and immediately greets her, “Ohayou, Sobo! How did you like the hand fan I brought for you?”

“Oh, it was lovely, Hyun Hae-chan, thank you so much!”

“Really? I’m glad you like it”, she smiles. “Well, I am going out for the day”, she starts off.

“Yeah, Haruhi-chan told me, you’re touring Minsoo in Tokyo?” Hyun Hae nods. “That’s great, show him the practical way of touring Japan.”

“That’s exactly what I’m planning to do”, she beams.

 

Right then, Minsoo emerged from his room, wearing a loose long-sleeved shirt, neat jeans, and rubber shoes. Hyun Hae eyed him. “Yah! Change into more comfortable ones, it’s summer, you know, you don’t wanna sweat for the whole day.

 

Minsoo suddenly got embarrassed, he knows it’s summer, and he definitely knows it’s hot out there, that’s the reason why he has packed light clothes, didn’t he? He just picked the nicest he got for this day. But seeing what Hyun Hae is wearing, he immediately knows that he is overdressed.

 

Hyun Hae is wearing a loose white blouse, jean shorts that stretch down to the middle of her thigh, and a simple black and white canvass shoes. Her hair falls loosely on her back as it is still wet from the bath. He raced back to his room to change.

 

One final check in the mirror and he rushed back out. He now wears a loose, plain white t-shirt, a worn out jeans that hung by his hips and white simple rubber shoes. He also has a cap on, and sunglasses. Hyun Hae eyes him approvingly.

Wiw, he has his pants hanging low by the waist, you know I love that in men, ooweee! He looks so homey, I must admit, he looks good in those. Wait, I’m noticing him now? It’s not really him, you know, it’s how he wear those pants that I notice, says the opposing ends in her head.

 

She wanna say that aloud but instead, this is what she said, “Now, you look more comfty, shall we head out now?”

Minsoo looked hesitant, then he asked, “Aren’t you going to pick your bag first?”

“I don’t carry bags when I go out, it’ll just drag me out.”

He smiles at this, neither he carries bags, it’s better without having to worry about anything but himself whenever he go out. “Okay then, let’s go!”

 

“Wait, what do you carry with you?” Hyun Hae asked.

Confused, he asked, “Waeyo?”

“Cellphone?”

“Nope, mine didn’t work here, so I’m leaving it in my room”, he explains.

“Wallet?”

“Dae.”

“Money?”

“Of course!”

“How much?”

“Hopefully, enough.”

“That’ll suffice, I promised Sobo here to have you experience Tokyo in a way you won’t have to spend that much. Well, except for the gifts you wish to buy for your family when you get back home. ID?”

“Huh?” he asked, again, puzzled.

 

“Do you have an ID with you?”

“No, why would I carry one?”

“Okasa, please tell Mr. Good Looking here, why he should always carry an ID with him whenever he goes out”, she turned to Haruhi who just joined them.

 

Mr.Good Looking? She thought I’m good looking? Sure, this is not the first time someone has told me that, but, she’s different. Wow!

 

“Well, you see, Minsoo-kun”, Haruhi caught Minsoo’s attention at once, “If ever you shall meet an accident, which I hope would never befall you, having an ID will let the authorities know of your identification, and can contact your family immediately should you lose your consciousness and couldn’t tell them yourself of those infos”, she explained. “I always, always remind Hyun Hae-chan of that, and I’m glad she has absorbed it into her system.”

 

“That’s a little rash if not morbid for a thought but, I guess I’ll go get my ID first”, then he ran off back to his room and out again.

 

“Got it?” Hyun Hae.

“Yep, here”, he held his ID up.

“Student ID? You’re still a student? Why?”

“You know, I should be the one asking why you are already working, having that you are only six months older than me”, he throws the question back.

“Well, that is because I have an early start.”

“What does that mean?”

“I entered school two years earlier than kids my age”, she explained.

“Is that possible?”

“In the Philippines, yes!”

 

“Okay, now, you two should go”, Haruhi shooed the two out.

“Okasa, aren’t you going to tell him the other most important thing to secure whenever one is going out?” she asks, her eyes gleaming.

Haruhi has to laugh at that, “You tell him.”

“Well, we have to go, see you later Mom, Sobo”, she kissed both women goodbye.

“Later, Obachan, Sobo”, Minsoo bowed and went out the door to follow Hyun Hae.

As soon as they are outside of the house, Hyun Hae put on her aviator. Minsoo wonders where she has been hiding the eyewear the entire time but just shrug it off.

 

“Noona, what’s that other important thing you are talking about with Obachan?” he asked, all curious now.

“Uhm, underwear”, she softly said though smiling.

“What about that?”

“Mom always remind me to wear nice underwear whenever I go out, so that if I am to meet an accident, then I’ll have to be rushed to the hospital, it wouldn’t be embarrassing when the nurses and doctors have to strip me off my bloody clothes, I’m in nice undergarments”, she explains, smiling at the funny ideas her mom has.

 

Minsoo couldn’t help but laugh at that. Good thing she didn’t directly ask him if he is wearing a nice one, but he sure do. Hah! The crazy yet funny things that run inside old people’s head are very interesting. Though he must admit, there’s logic in that concern, it’s just…ridiculous.

 

“Hey, are you fit enough?”

Hyun Hae’s question fishes him out of his thoughts.

“Huh? Why’d you ask?”

“Well, in view of that practical tour in Tokyo I was telling you about, I plan to save the both of us from transport fees.”

“What do you plan to do, then?” he asks, trusting all to her.

By this time, they are out of the gate and are now entering the house beside that, which is her aunt’s and uncle’s house.

“We are going to use this”, she smiled, tapping the seat of a bicycle.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

does your parents have any particular reminder for you whenever you are to go out?

mine is to always carry extra money so that i'd be able to pay if ever i accidentally crack an egg from the market. LOL!