12 years later

Love has no language

 

“Siwon honey… get up your gonna be late for work.” Park Bom opened the curtains and saw her boyfriend put his hand over his eyes from keeping it safe from the daylight.
Park Bom, 26 years old was now a successful designer in Asian clothing in America.
She is boss in her own office and the clothes she designs are only available on the internet.
“5 more minutes…”  Siwon said and turned around.
Bom was already ready, she was wearing a cute short dress with black heels. Her now red hair is braided and her bangs cutely covered her eyebrows. She had become a grown woman.
Bom sighed “That’s what you get for drinking every night.”
She walked out of the room and walked downstairs.

She moved in with Siwon 2 years ago. Siwon was a marketer for a big entertainment company.

Bom moved to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee, she was slowly drinking it while looking outside of Siwon’s big window and saw the busy New York.
All of the sudden Siwon gave her a hug from behind and kissed her neck “Morning…” he said
Bom smiled “Morning… so… what do you want to eat tonight?” she took a zip from her coffee
They both looked out the window “Doesn’t matter… whatever you want to make.”
“You will be home in time for dinner tonight will you?”
Seunghyun smirked “You know I always try.”
“yeah, yeah…” Bom took the last zip of her coffee and released her from the hug
“I got to go, I’ll see you tonight” She put her coffee mug on the sink and gave Siwon a peck on his lips. “Bye…”
Bom grabbed her purse and put her sunglasses on, it was a sunny day today.
She stepped into her red mini cooper and drove off. On her way she called her assistant (hands free of course) Chaerin.
Chaerin was a trainee for 6 months at Bom’s company, but Bom thought she was really helpful so she offered her a job. Chaerin was also Korean and also had a dream of becoming a big time designer. She and Chaerin are pretty close.
“Boss?” Bom heard Chaerin’s voice
“hahaha boss? Is that my new name?” Bom said
“Yobeso Unnie!”
“Yobeso, so… is everything set for the meeting with mr. Johnson?”
“Dehh! He will be here at 1 o’clock, I already put the samples, the presentation and the papers in the meeting room.” Chaerin said proud
“Very good, alright I’ll see you in 20 minutes.”
“Dehh!” and Chaerin hung up.

Even though Bom’s clothes were only sold online, Bom really wanted her clothes to be sold in stores as well.
Mr. Johnson had one of the biggest Asian clothing stores in New York. Bom really wanted her clothes to be sold in his store. So therefore they had a meeting today with him.

After 15 minutes she arrived at her own office. The  interior  was brown with white and the neon lights made it look really modern.
Bom entered and saw the receptionist “Good morning.” Bom said.
“Good morning Jenny, I’ve got your mail here.” The receptionist said
Jenny… that was Park Bom’s American name.
“Thanks.” Bom grabbed her mail and walked to her own office.
She greeted everyone who she saw walking by.
The company wasn’t that big but she had all the room and employees she needed.
In her office she saw Chaerin sitting on her own desk.
“Morning Unnie.” She said without taking her eyes of her screen. She had half long blond hair and was wearing and cute purple cap. Of course Bom designed it

.
“Morning, could you check if there is anything interesting in this for me?” Bom gave her the mail and walked to her own desk
“Yes of course.” Chaerin grabbed the mail.  “So yesterday we sold 5 of the new florar dresses!” Chaerin said exciting
“Really?” Bom took place on her desk and started her laptop
“Yes. Pretty good huh, ow and the HP jeans are all sold out!”
“You see, I told you we had to put those on sale.” Bom said proudly.
Chaerin smiled “Business is going good huh?”
Bom nodded “let’s just hope the meeting will go good as well.”
“Of course it will. He seemed very interested, especially about the new collection.”
“Yes… that’s true, the whole business slash free time theme was a good idea huh?”
Chaerin nodded “Yes, yes very good.”

Everything was going according to plan that morning. Bom looked at clock, only one hour before mr. Johnson would show up she thought.
All of the sudden Chaerin’s phone rang “Good afternoon, Springclothing speaking how may I help you? Ow hello Mr. Johnson.”
Bom looked up from her work trying to catch something from the conversation.
“Yes.. oh really? Well.. that’s unfortunate. But it’s a great deal for you…. Tomorrow? Let me check her schedule.”
Bom felt a bit disappointed, did mr. Johnson really called to reschedule?
“yes tomorrow is good, same time same place.” Chaerin said  “Oké thank you for calling. Bye” and she hung up

“What was that all about?” Bom asked
“Well its kind of weird.” Chaerin said “Mr. Johnson just got an offer today and a mr. Seunghyun bought his store.”
Hearing the name Seunghyun gave an ache in Bom’s heart. “s-s- Seunghyun?”
“ Yeah… anyway Seunghyun is also very interested in Springclothing so he will be meeting us tomorrow same time alright?” Chaerin said
“Did…..” Bom waited for a sec   “Did he also gave a last name?”
Chaerin shook her head    “No… just Seunghyun, he’s probably Korean…. Judging by his name. That’s good right!?”
Bom nodded and bit her lower lip. It couldn’t be Choi Seunghyun right?   
No… he wasn’t into fashion right? No… it was probably someone else.
But still… even if it wasn’t that Seunghyun, hearing his name made her think again. The way she thought about him when she first moved to America. She couldn’t sleep for months only thinking about him. She couldn’t reach him. Dara did saw him in school a couple of times but he was very… a loner Dara would say.

“Should I clean up the meeting room?” Chaerin asked
Bom snapped out of her thoughts “No… leave it, we don’t have any other appointments for today so… we can use it for tomorrow again.”
“Alright.” Chaerin said and went back to work
But Bom couldn’t concentrate one bit, she was only thinking about those two weeks she spent with Choi Seunghyun.
And that kiss… and… the way she just left him out there. He must have been going through a really hard time.

Finally it was time for Bom to go home, after hearing Seunghyuns name she didn’t do anything useful at all. She rushed home to cook for Siwon but even in the whole ride home she couldn’t stop thinking about Seunghyun…. Even when she was cooking, all her mind said was: Seunghyun, Seunghyun, Seunghyun.
Her thought were interrupted by her cell phone, she saw her boyfriends name on the screen. She picked up:  “Seunghyun…. I mean Siwon.” She recovered quickly
“Seunghyun?” She heard Siwon say
“Yeah I’m sorry… what’s up?”
“Babe… I’m sorry… I’m late again…”
Bom sighed “how late will you be home?”
“It will take another 2 hours, you go ahead and eat I’ll see you later.” And he hung up
Bom hung up “great…” she said with a sarcastic tone. She sighed again. It didn’t even bother her tonight that Siwon was late again… her mind was too busy thinking about Seunghyun…
 

He is probably married now…. Having a great live….she hoped…. Poor Seunghyun… Bom knew she made his life miserable.