Choi Seunghyun

Love has no language

 

Seunghyun is 14 years old and has one sister
Father is in the army
Mother is a housewife

The next day

Seunghyun took a deep breath as he looked in the empty classroom. He knew sweat was going to break out when he had to stand in front of the class. Seunghyun was really good in math, he always had A plusses on his tests. The teacher had asked him to give todays lessons so he would be getting extra points. Seunghyun wasn’t really good in the English classes, so to make up for that, he had to get his extra points while teaching.

He knew people were going to laugh and throw stuff at him, but he had to do it. He did not want to fail this year because of English.

Finally the bell rang, it made Seunghyun startle. First the teacher came in. The greeted each other. Then the students finally walked in. They were noisy and they didn’t look or greeted Seunghyun. They all took place but they were still talking. Jessica was reading a magazine. John and Yesung sat quietly in the back and Yoona looked out the window. Seunghyun tried to think what to say. How to get this class silenced. Then Park Bom entered.

For a moment time went in slow motion for Seunghyun. He saw her walk in with a sad face. Her hair was in a ponytail and her eyes looked red. Maybe from crying? Seunghyun just watched her, how she sat down and quietly grabbed her books. She was sitting a little in the middle, behind Jessica. Seunghyun felt like flowers were surrounding her. So beautiful and so shiny.

Jessica noticed that Seunghyun was staring “What are you staring at freak?” She said a bit loud. Everybody in the classroom went quiet. Bom looked up from her books.
“Ehmm..” Seunghyun felt sweat breaking out of his back. “Welcome to… uhmm todays class..” he said quietly
“Speak up I can’t hear you!” John said out loud.
Everybody in the class started to laugh. Bom looked at John and shook her head a little.
“Eh… deh.. yes… today… ehm I will be your teacher… for math…” Seunghyun tried
“We know that we are in math dork” A random guy said
“Oké that is enough, anyone who has a comment on Seunghyun I will call their parents.” The teacher said. Finally everyone went quiet “Continue Seunghyun”
“Yes thank you”

When Seunghyun was finally finished with his explanation he gave the students an assignment to do in class. It wasn’t really quiet, people were talking and helping each other out with the assignment. Seunghyun noticed Bom was quietly busy, he walked towards her “Are you doing oké?”
Bom shook her head “I don’t get math, at all.” She didn’t look at Seunghyun, she just kept looking in her books.
“Its not that hard, if you would just…” But Seunghyun was cut off by Jessica.
“Teach… or whatever… I don’t get the fifth question.” She said irritated
“Oh.. excuse me…” Seunghyun walked to Jessica en tried to explain the question. When he finally finished and wanted to go back and help Bom, the bell already rang.  Everyone took their stuff and walked out
“Are you finished?” Seunghyun asked to Bom
Bom shook her head “Not yet.. I’ll finish this at home.”
“Will you be able to understand it?”
Bom gave a weak smile, that smile would melt Seunghyuns heart. “Probably not”
“I can help… if you want… should we have lunch together?” Seunghyun tried
Bom lifted an eyebrow
“So.. that I can… explain…” Seunghyun looked at the ground
“No can do chubby boy” John put his arm around Bom “She is already having lunch with me.”
Bom gave John a sarcastic look “No can do Johnny boy” She said and threw his arm off of her. “I need to get this, so I’m having lunch with Seunghyun oppa.”
Seunghyun smiled
John shook his head “Whatever” and he left the classroom.
Finally Bom noticed that Yoona was still sitting there. “I’ll see you at lunch oppa.” And she walked towards Yoona
Seunghyun could only say: “deh…” he watched how Bom walked towards Yoona and he couldn’t stop smiling.

Finally it was lunch time. When he walked into the cafeteria it was really crowded. He couldn’t see Bom anywhere. Kind of stupid that they didn’t say where they would meet. He finally saw Bom standing with Yoona, and Jessica was there too? Jessica was sitting. Seunghyun wanted to know what was going on so he moved a little closer to hear them.
“Jessica unnie, what you did was wrong… tell her your sorry…” Bom said
“No! and I don’t want to talk to you Park Bom, you just made your worst enemy.” Jessica said with a y look.
John was sitting next to Jessica “Bom, are you crazy coming up here? What the hell… just let this go by and come here have lunch with me the way you should.”
Bom shook her head “You guys will never learn it will you. You’re playing with peoples feeling. Why couldn’t…”
“Bom.” John stood up and walked towards Bom “Let this be… come on hang out with us again? Let things be the way they used to be.”
But Bom shook her head “And what if I don’t?”
Yoona looked at John
“Come on don’t make this harder than already is.” John said
“You know what John oppa… I’ll make it really easy for you… its over!” Bom said and grabbed Yoona by her hand “Let’s go” And she finally walked away.
“Thank you Unnie… you’re too good.” Yoona said and hugged Bom
Bom smiled “I…”
“Bom Noona, I’m sorry for interrupting but… math?” Seunghyun asked
“Oh…” Bom looked at her watch “Oppa, im so sorry I totally forgot! I’m spending my lunch time with Yoona today I hope you don’t mind… maybe we can do it after school in my place?”
Seunghyun felt a bright and happy angel land on his shoulder. HER PLACE? HELL YEAH! “ehm.. sure thing noona…”

“Oké great! Ehmm I’ll see you at three at the long tables we could take the bus together?” Bom asked
Seunghyun only nodded “oké…”
“Alright I see u then bye oppa.”

It was 15:15 already but there was no sign of Park Bom. Seunghyun sighed. She probably forget about him…
“Oppa.. i’m so sorry! I know I’m late!” Bom walked towards Seunghyun
Seunghyun felt a huge relieve. She showed up! “That’s oke… everything alright.”
Bom lifted her shoulders “I guess. At lunch I broke up with John… and I know that somehow I should feel sad… but I’m doing pretty good.”
“Oh.. well.. I’m sorry..” Seunghyun tried
“pff.. don’t be please!”
“Bom unnie!” It was Dara “What is going on with you?”
Bom gave a confused look “what about me?”
“You’re fighting with Jessica, breaking up with John… this isn’t like you, you always tried to keep your popular status.” Dara said looking concerned
Bom looked at the ground “It all doesn’t matter anymore…” She said
“Wha??”
“Unnie, I’ll call you tonight… oké?” Bom said
Dara nodded “Ohke..” She grabbed her stuff “I gotta go, see you tomorrow.”
“I’m sorry about that…” Bom looked at Seunghyun with a smile, but Seunghyun could see it was a broken smile “Shall we go?”
Seunghyun nodded “yes.”
In the bus it felt a bit awkward for Seunghyun. They didn’t really talk to each other.
“so…”He tried “anything I need to know about your parents before I say something stupid?”
Bom smiled “Nothing…”
“Oké…” Seunghyun felt like he needed to keep the conversation going “What do they do for… a living?”
“Well my father creates sunglasses and my mother is a stylist.”
“Wauw… a stylist..”
“yeah.. Its kind of awesome, she works for Yang Hyun Suk. Do you know him the singer?” Bom asked
Seunghyun nodded “Yeah… she works for him?”
Bom nodded “She also puts clothes together for Swi-T the girl group, its really great.”
“yeah that’s pretty awesome..” Seunghyun didn’t lie “did you ever meet them?”
Bom shook her head “no! I wish I had, but maybe one day… or not…” Bom went from excited to sad “So what do your parents do?”
“My dad is in the army, and my mom stayed home for me and my sister.”
“You have a sister?”
“Yes… but she lives in America… she’s a model.”
“Really??” Bom said shockingly
“Yes… you wouldn’t say right?”
“No… its not that… its just… wauw that’s great.” Bom said with a smile 
Seunghyun also smiled

“ehmm Bom noona?” Seunghyun tried
“dehh?”
“I’m glad you broke up with John…”OMY GOD! Seunghyun thought, did that just came out of his mouth?
Bom smiled “yeah me too… this is our stop. Are you coming?”
Seunghyun smiled “Lets go.”
---------------------------------------------

Park Bom is so sad. Do you guys know whats going on with her?