Piece 022: Manners and Shouts

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Aigoo! My head! My eyes!’

I quickly held Aunt Joori’s arms, supporting her as she let go of the piece of paper in her hands. The wedding card fell helplessly down on the marble floor while I alone kept pushing my aunt up. She definitely couldn’t handle the news but his son just stood still at the dining room, acting all usual.

He didn’t care about his own mother? How senseless.

‘Woo darling, how could you?! Wha-what if that tramp’s trying to trick you?! I don’t want you to get hurt..’

 

‘I know Seungyeon. She’s a –‘

 

‘Remember what happened to your cousin. I don’t agree with this idea from the start. Think about this thoroughly, Woohyun-ah. I don’t want the same thing that happened to your cousin to happen to you all over again. That lady of yours, she looks unpromising…’ My father swiftly cut his words and went to him, patting Nam’s shoulders gently.

When my father mentioned about it, I suddenly felt a little angry but I tried to hold it in.

 

‘Uncle, please. There must’ve been a reason why Suzy left. She’s not that kind of person. Myungsoo-ya, can’t you think logically? She promised me –‘

 

‘Promise? You believe in her promises?! You’re so naïve, Woo darling… It’s obvious that she fell for Myungsoo’s assistant and they decided to run together on that day. Oh, thinking of it all over again makes me mad…!’

 

‘Stop it!! I don’t wanna talk about that matter anymore!’ I finally exploded and yelled, letting go of Aunt Joori’s arms. I couldn’t take it anymore. Why must they mention about that thing again when I already decided to forget them all?

Afraid if I couldn’t hold myself from breaking any stuff, I stomped out of the house but when I reached the front door, I suddenly bumped into Nam Woohyun’s mite. The feeling of hatred towards her was also the same as I held for him when I looked at her clueless eyes.

 

 

‘Wait!’ I could feel her hand on my wrist before I could take a step away. Breathing hard, I shot a glare at her but she didn’t flinch for a second.

‘I-I heard everything…’

 

‘Get your hands off of me.’

 

‘I think you should cool down and get rid of all the anger inside of you. I know you’re mad but –‘

 

‘You shouldn’t meddle into other people’s business. But I wonder though, how far did you fell for my cousin? I’m just hoping that he would end up like me, dumped on the wedding day. You seem like the type who’d dump people easily, right?’ Her face changed when I said those words to her but she still didn’t let go of my wrist.

 

Finally, the mite let go when I suddenly heard the sound of Nam Woohyun’s voice from behind. Not wanting to make a hassle, I qui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter