Piece 023: Warning and Confrontations

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn’t know what to say, his words were like a slap to my face. When Woohyun’s cousin mentioned about dumping people around easily, I immediately thought of Jiyong Oppa.  Guilt started to overwhelm me all over again after I nearly forgot about him since these past few weeks.

He’s probably right, I was the type who’d dump people but it’s definitely not easy for me.

 

‘What happened between you and Myungsoo?’ I looked up to his voice and tried to hold my tears, showing a smile.

 

‘Nothing. Woo-shi, I’m sleepy.’ I said, rubbing my eyes thus, wiping away the wet tears that were b in my eyes. He quickly held my hand tight but then, I could hear sounds heels tapping, coming closer towards us.

 

‘Oh, look who’s here.’ I looked down after I heard her screeching voice, afraid to make any eye contact. She’s Woohyun's mother and Woohyun's here, I wouldn’t even dare do make a move in front of her as a show of respect.

 

‘Please, Oemma… Just accept Seungyeon already. It makes me sad if you two don’t get along…’ Woohyun spoke but still, I couldn’t move a muscle as she's walking closer towards me, I knew it from the sound of her high heels.

 

 

‘Woo dear, who says I still can’t accept her? Who wouldn’t love a lady like her?’ I twitched when I could feel her fingers on my hair, caressing it softly.

‘She’s pretty and loveable too. I’d love to have her as my daughter in law.’ She said and then, shifted her hands onto my arms, holding it tight.

 

‘Really Oemma? You mean it? But a minute ago you…’

 

‘I just realized, dear. I can’t stop you from doing everything what you want. If this lady’s the one that you like, then fine. I’ll accept her. Besides, my son’s happiness is my only priority.’ I didn’t know why, her words seemed forced, insincere.

 

‘Aigoo, Oemma. Thank you so much!’ Woohyun’s voice turned cheerful as he hugged his mother tight.

 

‘I know it’s late. You must’ve had so many to do tomorrow. Why don’t you head off to bed while I’ll chat with this lady over here.’

 

‘It’s Seungyeon.’ I blurted, couldn’t stand being referred as a nobody.

 

‘Yeah… Seungyeon.’ The way she said my name, it’s filled with hatred.

‘So, move along, Woo dear. Seungyeon and I have a lot to catch up.’ She held my arm again and then, Woohyun hugged his mother and kissed my forehead. He looked so happy as he went upstairs to his room.

 

 

When his figure’s vanished from view, I suddenly could feel pain on my arm. Woohyun’s mother, she’s digging her nails into my skin! Aching in pain, she pulled me with her into the kitchen.

‘Listen here, I just want to let you know that I won’t let you ruin my son. You’re nothing but a tramp who knows nothing but messing with my son’s life. You’d better back away now from Woohyun’s life or you’ll get what you deserve!’ She hissed, still not letting go of my arm. The burning pain on my arm, I thought it’s going to bleed.

 

‘Let go!’ I yanked my arm free and rubbed the throbbing area on my arm. She’s quite surprised at my sudden acts, judging from the look on her face.

 

‘Oh, you’re a feisty one, are you… So, let me ask you, leave my son or else! Make up your choice, now tramp.’

 

‘No, I won’t leave him. Scratch me all you want but I won’t back off. You k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter