Piece 017: On A Lovely Sunday and A Delicious Meal

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunday, such a beautiful Sunday. Seoul’s air was much different from Kyoto, much more pleasant and soother. Was my life already complete? I had a new life and was about to start with a new romance but my little heart could stop thinking about Kyoto, Sukiyaki Restaurant and most importantly Jiyong Oppa.

 

-Flashback-

My stomach hurt when I didn’t manage to click the front door open. It’s time for me to leave but I just couldn’t open the door.

‘Going somehere?’ I almost dropped my bag and felt like fainting when I heard that voice. With no guts to turn behind, I stayed frozen by the sealed door, trying to think of what to do next.

 

‘Like I said, I’m leaving.’ When I bravely uttered those words, I could feel my body was being spun, forcing me to face him. To my biggest horror, Jiyong Oppa’s face was as horrifying as a monster. My wrist hurt when he started to squeeze it tight.

 

‘Keep your things back! What did that crap told you that you’re being like this? You’ve never rebelled to me before, Han Seungyeon!’

 

‘“I love you”. That’s what he said.’

 

‘Nonsense! We’re engaged, remember?!’ He yelled at me and naturally, tears in my eyes started to pool.

 

‘I thought I left the ring on the dressing table. You didn’t see it?’ I said coldly, avoiding his monstrous gaze. But then, I could feel my wrist burning like hell that I thought it’s going to break anytime.

‘Are we going to live like this until we got old?  Every time I thought about us, you, hurting me every single day, I always thought that I was going to die before the day that we got married. I’m tired, Oppa. Let me go, please… If you still have the slightest care about me, then let me be. I have someone who really loves me and I know I shouldn’t let go of him.’ I could hold my tears any longer and oddly, his loosened his grip on my wrist and pulled me into his hug.

 

‘You have me, my dear. I love you. I love you more than he did. Please, don’t leave me.’ Jiyong Oppa started to sob while burying his face into my neck. My little heart couldn’t bear seeing him like this. I was suddenly reminded of how and why he’s like this, all wrecked and sad. It’s because of my parents.

 

And so, I put my bags aside and tucked him to sleep on the bed. He asked me to stay beside h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter