Piece 018: Level One, Start.

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Kim-shi, can you please stop tapping your fingers like that? It’s distracting for us.’ One of the executives finally said it, couldn’t take anymore of Myungsoo’s annoying actions. He stopped for a while but there’s one thing that he didn’t stop, staring at Hyemi as if he’s going to eat her anytime.

Hyemi’s presentation for the session didn’t go as smooth as she wanted due to that. His stone eyes, they distracted her much more than his tapping fingers.

 

 

‘Did I do wrong? Why’d you stare at me like that? I couldn’t do my best before.’ Hyemi, being all blunt like she’s always was, directly confronted her employer soon after they went out of the conference room.

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at the lady before him. Now, he couldn’t see Son Hyemi as he did before because to him, this’s the damned girl who’s trying to play games with him.

 

‘You should’ve known better. Oh, and you made lots of mistakes before. Correct them and bring the new papers to my room by today.’ He handed a file from his hands to her complete with his poker face.

 

‘What? Mistakes…?’ She was left dumbfounded with the documents consisted of almost two hundred pages. Well, since she’s considered as a trainee in the company, paperwork is practically basics. Along the way to her room, she flipped through the pages casually until she accidentally bumped into someone.

‘I’m sorry…’ She didn’t finish her words when she noticed the person whom she bumped into.

 

‘You should be. And do I have to say that your presentation was way worse than mine. What’s up with all the stuttering? You’re going to lose, pipsqueak.’ A smirk curled onto her lips as she said those remarks in triumph.

Hyemi bit her lips, trying to suppress her annoyance towards this girl. She took a few deep breaths and reminded herself to be patient. It’s true, Chorong did way better than her before, so she just walked past her and went inside her room. She got loads of jobs to do and girls’ fight’s something that she thought was not necessary at that moment.

 

She skipped lunch and when the clock struck at six, she stopped for a break. Leaning on her chair, she sighed in frustration. To make it worse, at two before, Yang-shi came inside her room and gave her more papers to work on, it’s from L-shi, he said and it needed to be completed today. She’s not even finished with the first one and more came? Her head could explode, she thought.

While she’s busy thinking, Hyemi could hear her stomach grumbling and so, she hugged herself and whined on how hungry she was. Thoughts at all kinds of food that she could eat, Hyemi suddenly remembered the Japanese omelet that she had last Sunday from the lady back at the park. Bored, she took out her phone and texted the lady, Han Seungyeon. She remembered that name.

 

To: Seungyeon Onnie

Hello, Onnie. I’m wondering about our promise. I’m sitting at the office all hungry when I suddenly thought of your omelet. Text me when you’re free. I’ll be happy to learn the recipe anytime during weekends. ^^

When she hit the ‘send’ butto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter