Piece 020: Complicated Thoughts and Determinations

Jigsaw
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn’t know where I was going or why did I leave Suzy alone. Everything’s in my mind’s all tangled up, it’s like I could explode anytime. This stupid game… Why did she pull me into this play? What did that girl wanted from me? To hurt me more? I was wrecked enough, so why bother trying to tear me more when I didn’t have anything left to give? Crazy wench you, Bae Suzy.

 

‘Drink up! Drink up!’ A man’s voice shook me to the real world, a drunken man to be exact. He’s enjoying by himself, gulping a bottle of liquor while walking wobbly along the sidewalk not far from where I was. Shifting my gaze away, that’s when I realized that I was walking around downtown based on the colorful neon lights and the drunken people hanging beside the cold buildings around me. How far and how long did I walk?

 

 

After noticing a bus stop nearby, I took a seat and waited. No one’s around and it’s getting colder. It’s like the wind was shredding my skin apart but nothing could be compared to my crushed heart. I brought my right fist up close to my face and spread it open. It’s the ring I gave her. I’d thrown mine ages ago but seeing this again after quite some time, it’s like all the suppressed feelings that I’d kept all these years had risen up and scorched my little mind.

I looked up at the sudden screeching sound of the bus and got up. The ring, I kept it close into my pocket. My mind must’ve been so preoccupied with what happened back at the company before that I forgot about my car and so, I boarded the bus home for that night.

 

***

 

‘Don’t you want to go to bed?’

 

‘No. I’m not sleepy yet. Woo-ssi, you’ve been so busy these past days that we didn’t have the chance to chat. Don’t you know that I’ve made a new friend?’

 

‘Oh, really? Who’s she?’

 

‘She’s a nice girl. I met her at the park last weekend. We had breakfast together and she tried my omelet. I promised to teach her how to cook it.’

 

‘Hey, you didn’t make me one of those…’

 

‘Uh, you’re right… I’ll cook you delicious food only for you soon, okay?’

 

 

There they were, cuddling at the couch under the same blanket without noticing that I was home. How sickening it was to watch them like that. It’s so unfair that that Woohyun jerk got all that he wanted when I was still broken from what Suzy had done to me. And even now, he’s still all smiling, kissing a girl that he loved. Me? I was all alone, tricked, played and dumped behind.

Couldn’t stand seeing them all lovey dovey, I stomped my feet upstairs. Yes, I wanted them to notice, to know how much I hated seeing that jerk smiled and laughed when I didn’t see what was so funny about.  

 

 

‘Son Hyemi.’

I didn’t bother changing my clothes as I plopped my body onto the empty bed. That name, what’s her real name? That or Bae Suzy or something else? How many different people that she’s trying to be? Was Bae Suzy a fraud too? But her father… I still remembered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter