Chapter 2

The Artistic Punk

 

  “ Eunhyuk, what is it?” The professor asked.
 
 College professors rarely memorize a student’s name. It was usually the punks who had their names floating in the professor’s brains, but Eunhyuk was special. Everyone in his line of work, knew him as the genius, as a prodigy. He always got A’s, even on tests the teacher would purposely give out with information they had not taught them. Eunhyuk knew the periodic table forward, backwards, alphabetical, spiral and much more. He could name every president of the United States, and every ruler of Korea: He knew all the known rulers of China, and could give you the name of someone who was very important in any league of information. He knew all this, but he didn’t really know how to do it.
 
 He was good at knowing, not doing. You could give him a math problem, and he would memorize certain parts of it, so he didn’t have to do all of the hard work which he didn’t understand. He had lived his life memorizing stuff to get people off his back. He only could do basic math, basic chemistry equations. Which was good enough for his college apparently.
 
 The school also didn’t know this
 
 “ May I be excused.”
 
 “ You’re having a big exam on this on Friday.”
 
 “ I know all about the periodic table, now may I please.”
 
 The teacher sighed and nodded his head. The class whispered words of mostly praise, some of jealousy, and some of pure astonishment. Eunhyuk never let any of this get to his head, in the sense it making it greater. It hurt him occasionally but he would never let anyone hear that.
 
 He slowly packed his bags as the teacher resumed his teachings. He placed his red journal, than his blue journal in to the bag, in that order. The black pencil case, with the pencils and pens organized went in next. Beside the case he pushed in the water bottle he had occasionally sipped through out the class, being bored to tears by what he was being taught. He then zipped the pocket up, ping the larger one next. He slipped his perfectly clean black laptop in, curling the wires around it before hand. He put the sync-able mouse in the side pocket. When all done he zipped it all up and swung it around his shoulders. 
 
 Eunhyuk smiled as he gently waved to his classmates. They waved back quickly before diving back into the teacher’s discussion. Their professor moved very quickly, and it was quite hard to keep up. Eunhyuk didn’t mind though. He knew what the teacher was saying.
 
 Eunhyuk didn’t have any reason to leave the class, except to just leave. He hated sitting in the classroom with a bunch of untidy students, sweating in the classroom’s heat while the professor writes in messy hand-writing on the board. If Eunhyuk hadn’t grown up with these kind of students he probably would have had a heart-attack in there. Eunhyuk sighed at the thought and fixed the bag over  his shoulder, re adjusting the strap. 
 
 The school’s hallway’s always looked the same accept for the different pictures. The hallways are white, with grey lockers, and trash cans in most corners. The trashcans don’t ever seemed to be used though, in Eunhyuk’s opinion at least. Those are the basic hallways. If you’re transferring from one building to another, and your on a higher floor you cross through the ‘sky tunnels’. These are hallways that are made completely of glass, except for the floor, that cross from one building to the next, over campus. It’s very helpful when you are a double major and don’t have time to run down four flights of stairs, to the next building, than up another four flights. 
 
 In the normal hallways though, Donghae’s pictures are hung up almost everywhere. Janitors had started to use them to cover up messes which they don’t want to clean, and Eunhyuk had given them a really long speech about that, seeing how he wasn’t one to fight.  The pictures had mostly been ones of teachers, but the ones hung in the lobby and the school offices are of angels and meadows. Really calm ones that welcome people in.
 
 As he walked around, he admired the paintings. Even if the paintings were of some of the creepy teachers of the school, they were still well painted, or sketched. It made some of the evil teachers actually seem to glow happiness. Eunhyuk chuckled as he realized those teachers could never smile even if they were paid a million dollars. Still, the paintings did make you at least imagine they could.  He really did need to praise Donghae in person, and not type an email to him, anonymously like he usually does. 
 
 Right as he turned the corner, his foot got caught and he fell forward. He heard something splatter, a few curse words which he wasn’t sure if he or something else let out, and a loud clank. He quickly covered his head as his body collapsed on to the ground. It took him a minute to stabilize, but when he jumped up his eyes met another pair, almost causing him to loose balance all over again. The boy had a white scarf wrapped around his neck, with a used-to-be-white t-shirt pressed against his body. The boys hands were up, a paint brush in one, seeming to be defending himself.
 
 “ Donghae?” Eunhyuk asked. “ Did I fall on you?”
 
 For some reason he sort of wished he did, even if it would be like a very televised meeting.
 
 “ You fell. Over me.” Donghae replied softly pointing from one side of his folded legs, to the other side. 
 
“ Eh, sorry about that.” Eunhyuk apologized, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.
 
 Donghae nodded his head, and gently smiled at the boy. His heart was beating erratically and he couldn’t place the feeling in his heart. His attention though soon turned towards his painting. It was almost finished: A phoenix swirling brightly in the sky. It not was covered in dark blue, and red paint. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if Eunhyuk had only tripped over the red, since he could easily work with that when repairing the masterpiece, but the blue was impossible. Donghae sighed, seeing his work now going to be put to waste. The phoenix was made as a request from the art-director, and he was also hoping to use it for his final assessment that marking period, which was in less than a month.
 
 Eunhyuk watched as Donghae’s head fell in despair, and Eunhyuk dropped to his knees to become eye level. “ What’s wrong?”
 
 “ Nothing.” Donghae lied, giving a bright smile like usual.
 
 Eunhyuk raised his eye brow and looked at the space in front of Donghae. He was expecting maybe water, or something less important than what was really there. Eunhyuk knew that the painting was important, he knew that the hard work put in paintings were very special. He glanced back over at Donghae before asking:
 
 “ Can you fix it?”
 
 “ Of course.” Donghae replied, but in his own head, added ‘ In about a month.’
 
 “ You sure? Maybe we can wipe it off?” Eunhyuk chipped in, reaching his hand out to wipe the paint off. Donghae quickly smacked it down though.
 
 “ Sorry.” Donghae mumbled, his face heating up a bit. “ It will smudge the rest of what has been done. Thanks though.”
 
 “ Right, didn’t think about that.”
 
 Donghae nodded.
 
 “ Was this important?” 
 
 “ No.” Donghae lied again.
 
 “ What was it for?”
 
 “ Fina- a teacher.” Donghae grinned. “ I can always remake it.”
 
 “ Are you sure?” Eunhyuk asked, not hearing the boy’s stumble of words.
 
 “ Yeah, of course.”
 
 “ Great.” Eunhyuk chirped, and stood up.
 
  As Eunhyuk brushed the dust of his pants, he found his fingers covered in blue gunk. He glanced down, and found his stomach twists in knots. The whole bottom of his, right, pant leg was drenched in blue paint. He curled his fists and inhaled deeply.  
 
 They weren’t dirty, at least what’s he attempted to tell himself.
 
 His chances of becoming calm, and collective once more, dwindled as Donghae let out a small giggle. Eunhyuk shot his head towards the boy and narrowed his eyes, which Donghae didn’t notice. Donghae’s eyes were glued on the staining jeans, his possible crush was wearing. When ever he found paint splattered on his own jeans, he found it hilarious so seeing it on someone else was just a new sight. He didn’t mean anything by the giggle, and he certainly didn’t expect it to cause any harm. 
 
 It was paint on pants, that’s an artist’s life, so to him it wasn’t dirty. 
 
 “ What are you giggling at?”  Eunhyuk asked, placing his hands on his hips. Well they were on his hips until he realized there was still paint on the finger tips.
 
 “ The paint.” Donghae replied, and stood up himself. “ It looks pretty good.”
 
 “What do you mean it looks pretty good?!” Eunhyuk screeched shaking his legs around, getting more paint on the painting. Not that Donghae cared anymore, really. “ It’s a complete mess!”
 
 Donghae showed off his own legs which were covered with a variety of colors, and then pointed at his now tie-dyed t-shirt. “ It comes with the territory, besides look how much more fun my shirt looks?”
 
 Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes even more and crossed his arms. “ If it wasn’t made that way, it shouldn’t be like that.”
 
 Donghae rolled his eyes. “ I have a few extra pairs of pants if you want.”
 
 “ How would they fit, I’m bigger than you.”
 
 “ Not by much.” Donghae chuckled, his face blushing once he figured out how friendly they had become.
 
 “ Fine, lets clean up.”
 
 “ We can do that later, now come on.” Donghae announced grabbing onto Eunhyuk’s arm and tugging on it.
 
 “ But it’s a mess!”
 
 “ Let the janitor take care of it!” Donghae retorted, dragging the taller boy out. 
 
 Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. “ Those janitors don’t do !”
 
 At that, Donghae laughed and pulled him down towards his locker on the second floor. Even though everyone is given lockers in every building they attend too, no one really uses them. Donghae only uses them for the purpose of art-storage. Instead of having to drive back to the dorm to start, or finish a project he could always just grab the supplies from his lockers and go straight to work. He was a procrastinator, a huge one, but he loved to have everything in easy reach. 
 
 So when he opened his locker, he wasn’t surprised to see Eunhyuk tense up and widen his eyes. Donghae had prepared himself for that moment since he asked the boy if he wanted a new pair. 
 
 When he grabbed the pants, Donghae shut the locker with his foot and forced Eunhyuk to follow him to the bathroom. The bathroom was probably the cleanest, looking areas of the school in all honesty.  The Janitors had taken their time to clean it, and the stalls were almost like mirrors themselves. The context of what happens there, every day, any day, doesn’t appeal to Eunhyuk though. He actually hated it. 
 
 Once inside, Donghae chucked the pants at the now completely, confused and shocked boy, and ordered him to change. Eunhyuk sighed and ped his pants all nonchalant but quickly froze at the sound of a muffled scream. Eunhyuk shot his head up to see Donghae covering his eyes.
 
 “ What the, what are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked.
 
 “ Covering my eyes!”
 
 “ Why? We’re both men!”
 
 “ Go change in a stall.”
 
 “ But-”
 
 “ Go.”
 
 “ Such a girl.” Eunhyuk grumbled walking into the largest stall, to stay as far away as possible from the ‘object of disgusting’. 
 
 “ Says the person scurrying away from the toilet.” Donghae huffed crossing his arms, after lightly tapping his now burning cheeks.
 
 “ You’re not gay right?”
 
 Donghae flinched and shook his head. “ No. I am not gay.”
 
 “ Good.”
 
 Donghae sighed and turned around to gaze at himself in the mirror. What else was he suppose to do?
 
 “ So do you like art?”
 
 Well, He could apparently seize the opportunity to talk to the boy he has been ogling over for months now.
 
 “ Do you normally talk to someone who’s using the bathroom?” Eunhyuk joked.
 
 “ You’re not using it, you’re not even close to it. You’re just changing.”
 
 “ Fine then. And yes, I do, most of it.”
 
 “ Most of it?” Donghae asked, as he swung around and leaned himself against the sink’s counter. Eunhyuk than walked out of the stall holding his pair of jeans, all nicely folded. The leg with the paint was folded into the middle so he wouldn’t have to touch it. 
 
 “ How does it fit?” Donghae questioned.
 
 “ A little tight.” Eunhyuk groaned.
 
 “ Well you can either change back to those, or deal with them until you get back to your dorm, or apartment, or what ever.” Donghae argued.
 
 “ I’ll stick with them.” Eunhyuk admitted. 
 
 Donghae grinned and stuck his tongue out. “ Anyway, what did you mean by, ‘most of it’ ?”
 
 “ Oh, I love what you do.” Eunhyuk noted quickly. Donghae could only bask in the compliment for a moment. “ But there are some things like, graffiti that pisses me off to no end.”
 
 Donghae went rigid, but let his mouth ask the next question:
 
 “ Graffiti?”
 
 He wasn’t sure if he wanted to hear the answer or not.
 
 “ Yeah. I hate it. It doesn’t belong. There’s this one guy that pisses me off to no end though. He should leave Seoul as it is. His paintings are stupid and immature. And he signs his pictures with fish faces, I mean what kind of gangster does that?”
 
 “ G-Gangster? Are you sure he’s a gangster? I mean he could be a good guy, just getting his art out there.”
 
 “ If it’s not a gangster it’s a punk. Either way, I hate him.”
 
 Donghae nodded, and wobbled out of the bathroom. Eunhyuk quickly followed. “ Hey, Donghae, you alright?”
 
 “ Of course?” Donghae replied, bobbing his head up and down a bit.
 
 “ You sure?”
 
 “ Yeah, perfectly fine. I should go start working on the final project.”  Donghae mumbled. Eunhyuk watched intently before sprinting in front of Donghae, which was quite difficult with the uncomfortable set of jeans.
 
 “  I’ll see you at Blue Bakery today right?”
 
 “ Y-Yeah why?”
 
 “ Have a drink with me.”
 
 “ I-I…”
 
 “ Please?”
_____________________________________________(O).(O)_________________________________________________
 
HEY! 

 So, I got the second chapter! I worked so freaking hard on this. 
 
 What did you guys think? Is the story moving too fast? Too slow? 
 
 This chapter was too see Eunhyuk's non-existing OCD and what he was known for/like in the school. His character is officially the most developed xD

 When he's out doors, he's completely fine with it, cause that's where everything is suppose to be, but these things ( As you saw in the story) are sort of points that he can't stand. 

 The way his bag is in order, is actually really important. ^.^

 So comments? Questions? xD Donghae?

 What do you think Donghae's answer will be?
 
Kri