Chapter 6

The Artistic Punk

 

“ One more bead.” Donghae yawned, into the palm of his hand.
 
 Donghae’s shaky fingers pushed the thread in the ruby-like bead, missing only four times. As the bead fell, Donghae held the two ends of the string up, in front of his face. A pattern of different, but beautifully matching, reds dangled in front of him. A small smile appeared on the boy’s face as he slowly tied a not, making sure there was enough room for it to fit around Eunhyuk’s wrist. Once it was tightened, he placed it on his desk, and stretched, thinking back to why he even did this:
 
 Their meeting at the bakery.
 
 It was one of the most complicated, yet memorable, nights Donghae had had in a while After chatting at the bakery for about fifteen minutes, they finally dived into their muffins. Once they devoured the food, they started joking around, and teasing each other about the other’s dreams. Neither of them had a finalized idea about their future, so the two had went into a somewhat deep conversation about what they wanted to do. The elderly couple, had screamed “Get Married”, as an addition to their conversation, before leaving. 
 
 Donghae and Eunhyuk had went into an awkward silence for about five minutes after that, poking at the crumbs on their plates. Donghae, awkward about the atmosphere, suggested walking around. Eunhyuk quickly jumped out of his seat, and nodded. Donghae smiled softly and waved goodbye to Leeteuk as they left. 
 
 “ Donghae what are you doing?” Eunhyuk asked, with a soft chuckle.
 
 Donghae winked at the boy as he spun around in circles, going towards the tunnel. “ Spinning, want to join?”
 
 Spinning was Donghae’s way of relaxing, besides painting of course. If there was ever an awkward atmosphere back at his home, he’d spin, and everyone would relax. ( Maybe because it was more entertaining then anything else).
 
 “ I’ll pass.” Eunhyuk replied. Donghae stopped and pouted. 
 
 “ Come on, it’s fun.” Donghae noted.
 
 “ Nu-uh. We’re in college. I’ll act like I am.” Eunhyuk laughed. Donghae rolled his eyes and grabbed Eunhyuk’s wrists. 
 
 “ H-hey. Did you wash your hands?”
 
 “ Relax already and spin.” Donghae ordered. Eunhyuk laughed, and shook Donghae’s hands off his wrist.
 
 He spun around once, then stopped and crossed his arms. Donghae was grinning widely, and nodded.
 
 “ Good, now spin again.” Donghae encouraged. Eunhyuk sighed and spun once more, entering the tunnel as he did so. 
 
 Donghae squealed softly and followed to boy into the tunnel. He secretly wanted to impress Eunhyuk with his art, even if he said he didn’t like graffiti. He had somewhere, along the lines of the past three days of actually talking to him, to do this. Why? He had no idea.
 
 Eunhyuk though, once he entered the tunnel, felt hatred run up his spine. He stopped spinning and forced his attention to stay on Donghae, who had started spinning into the tunnel too, with a childish grin playing on his lips. Eunhyuk quickly glanced at the new artwork placed on the tunnel’s wall. He only felt more hatred boil up inside: The artistic punk had finally decided to show the world what he really is- A graffiti artist.  Eunhyuk wasn’t going to spoil his time with Donghae though.
 
 “ What you think?” Donghae asked, as he came to a stop, almost crashing into Eunhyuk.
 
 “ About what?”
 
 “ The art on the wall?”
 
 “ I think it’s disgusting.” Eunhyuk replied honestly. Donghae felt his own body tense. “ I already explained to you, I don’t like this stuff.”
 
Donghae stared at the beads, and felt tears forming in his eyes. Why did it hurt so much hearing it from him?
 
 “ I-I think it’s amazing.”
 
 “ It’s pathetic. They can’t make it in the art world so they ruin the beauty of a town.” Eunhyuk explained.
 
 The artist’s eyes started glossing over. Donghae’s nose suddenly made it difficult to breath, causing a soft sniffle to escape.“ I-I can’t make I-it in the art-art world?” Donghae whispered, looking back at the artwork.
 
 Eunhyuk quickly grabbed Donghae’s shoulders, shaking him gently. “ Shh, calm down. I wasn’t talking about you. You’ll go far. Do you see what you can do?! You are an amazing artist.”
 
 Donghae’s stomach tied itself in a knot. “ B-but, Eunhyuk.”
 
 “ Your art is better than the on the wall here.” Eunhyuk smiled softly. Donghae subconsciously lifted his hand and pushed Eunhyuk’s hand off of his shoulder, causing Eunhyuk’s bracelet to fall and crash into the concrete. A bunch of red beads rolled through the tunnel.  “ .”
 
 “ Eunhyuk! I am so sorry.” Donghae apologized, his rising anger vanishing in a split second. 
 
 The boy chuckled weakly and shook his head. “ No problem. It was cheap, and dirty anyway. I don’t know why I wore it.” Eunhyuk lied. 
 
 “ I’m still so sorry Eunhyuk.”  Donghae continued, bending down to pick up the beads.
 
 “ Donghae, relax, spin in a circle. I don’t care about it. It’s about time we headed home anyways. Get up, the ground is disgusting.” Eunhyuk replied, smiling gently, at the jumpy boy on his knees.
 
 “B-but.”
 
 Eunhyuk smiled, and lifted the boy by his arm. “ I. don’t. care.” 
 
 Donghae nodded sheepishly, dropping his head. Eunhyuk patted his shoulder. “ How about I walk you home. I don’t want you spinning into a lake or something now do I?”
 
 The artist glanced at the beads quickly before shaking his head. “ I’ll grab a cab, it’s not that far if I walk anyway.”
 
 “ You sure?” Eunhyuk asked as he took a step back.
 
 “ Of course! I’m a college student, I can act like it.”
 
 Eunhyuk chuckled and walked away. Donghae waited until he was out of site before he dropped to the ground and started picking up all of the beads. He pushed them into his jeans pocket , followed by the string that took twenty minutes to discover. Once they were all secured in his pocket, Donghae jogged back to his apartment. 
 
 He had an art project, sure, but he needed to apologize to Eunhyuk. For what? Donghae felt like there was more than the whole ’breaking the bracelet’ ordeal, but he was going to figure that out later. At least he was planning too, but after running out to find a store which was open to buy new beads to replace the lost ones, he had only enough energy to complete the bracelet.
 
 Donghae sighed and dropped the beads on the table. “ I should be punching that dude in the face.”
 
 At the same moment, Eunhyuk dropped onto his bed. Kyuhyun crawled up the side of the bed, dropping his controller on the ground for once in his life. 
 
 “ You okay Hyung?” 
 
 “ Peachy?”
 
 “ Sounds delicious.” Kyuhyun joked. Eunhyuk managed a soft chuckle.
 
 “ How was your date.”
 
 Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at the younger’s choice of words. “ It wasn’t a date.- Kyuhyun what are you doing? “  Eunhyuk exclaimed as Kyuhyun dropped his chin on top of Eunhyuk’s stomach.
 
 “ Being me. Poor young, bored me.”
 
 “ Don’t you want to hear about Donghae?”
 
 “ And now I hear his name.”
 
 Eunhyuk shrugged, brushing his fingers through the younger’s hair. “ My bracelet broke.”
 
 “ for you.”
 
 “ The red one.”
 
 “ Now, that really for you.” Kyuhyun looked up, any sign of a smirk gone.
 
 “ I don’t think I’ll be able to manage with out it.” Eunhyuk whined, dropping his hand onto Kyuhyun’s neck. Kyuhyun groaned, causing vibrations to run through Eunhyuk’s stomach.
 
 “ It’s a bracelet. You would loose it sooner or later.” Kyuhyun noted. “ Wait, never mind. It’s you. Mr. Neatness, you wouldn’t loose it.”
 
 “ Shut up.” Eunhyuk groaned smacking the top of the boy’s head. “ I need that bracelet! I feel all twitchy and uneven with out it.”
 
 Kyuhyun sat up and stared at his hyung. He knew Kyuhyun had neatness down to an extreme, a scary extreme, and organization. He worried about his hyung, not that he ever admitted it. On top of all that, he lived with the guy. He knew that if something went out of place, Eunhyuk got very unpleasant to be around.
 
 “ Maybe we could find something else to help.” Kyuhyun suggested. Eunhyuk sighed and shook his head.
“ I just want to go to sleep, Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk announced, closing his eyes.
 
 “ Are you not going to change?”
 
 “ !” Eunhyuk exclaimed getting up and grabbing his selected pajamas. As quick as lightening the boy was in and out of the bathroom, fully changed and on the bed. 
 
 Kyuhyun chuckled and rolled onto the floor to crawl out of the room. Eunhyuk just let him, as he flipped to side to side. Without that bracelet, he had become restless.
 
The following day, Eunhyuk sat in the computer lab. He had an hour in between his first lecture and his second.  This hour was spent on completing the English assignment he decided to ignore the day before, which wasn’t normal for him. 
 
 “ ing bracelet.” Eunhyuk groaned slamming his head against the desk. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and he quickly shrugged it off. Everything was off now. He couldn’t even get four hours of sleep.
 
 “ What?” Eunhyuk asked, rubbing his bagged eyes. 
 
 “ E-Eunhyuk right?” A soft voice asked. Eunhyuk spun around, neatly fixing his hair. 
 
 “ Yes?” 
 
 “ I’m Reowook. I was wondering, could you help me with the computer?” Reowook asked, a blush creeping on his face.
 
 “ Fine, why not.” Eunhyuk grumbled. The boy, Reowook didn’t notice the distaste in the man’s voice, and softly squealed as he sat beside the boy.
 
 “ It’s frozen, I don’t know what to do.” Reowook explained. Eunhyuk sighed and took the computer mouse, moving it around and testing things out with the keyboard. While rebooting the computer he felt someone gently tapped his shoulder.
 
 Eunhyuk groaned, rather loudly, and swung the chair around. “ What?” He asked. 
 
 “ Sorry.” Donghae muttered, his face growing a bit red.
 
  “ You should be. What do you need?” Eunhyuk asked, not registering who he was talking to you. 
 
 “ I got you a present-”
 
 “ Seriously? You had to interupt me for that?!” Eunhyuk groaned swinging around.
 
 “ . Didn’t know you were this rude.” Donghae growled, shoving the bag, where the bracelet was into the older boy’s head.
 
 Reowook gently grabbed the bag. “ The beads don’t match.” Reowook quietly mumbled.
 
 Eunhyuk chuckled harshly. “ You call yourself an artist and you can’t even make the beads match.”
 
 Donghae’s face fumed and he walked out.
 
 Suddenly it all clicked in Eunhyuk’s mind. “Wait, Artist?! DONGHAE?!”
 
 “ The beads look good though. Aren’t they pretty?” Reowook chimed in, smiling at the bracelet.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note:
 
 So, what do you guys think? 
 A new mystery has been added: The bracelet? Why is it important? Why can't Eunhyuk function with out it?  When will you figure this out? Once I remember why it's there ( I have it written down somewhere....)
 
Eunhyuk was just plain cruel in this chapter xD Why did I do that? I have no idea! I guess I wanted some drama to spark the fire >:) 
 
So comments? Questions? Opinions? Does any one else think of Onions why they spell Opinion? Only me?
 
Sorry for late posting, it's hard being a junior, taking two languages, six extra curriculars plus guitar class, and all that all homework crap I have to do v.v

 ANYWAY! I hope you enjoy it :)