Chapter 5 ( It's Not a Date)

The Artistic Punk

 

  “ Welcome back to work Donghae.” Leeteuk laughed, at the panting boy.
 
 Donghae had sprinted from the University, to the Bakery, for what? He didn’t exactly know. When he entered the bakery, all he did was give a quick nod towards Leeteuk. This was usual for all the other workers but Donghae always stopped to chat with Leeteuk. He always gave a long, seemingly-never-ending speech about his day, then go off to behind the counter.  Leeteuk would have questioned the younger if he didn’t see some sort of spark in Donghae’s eyes.
 
 “ Where are the blueberry muffins?” Donghae asked. Leeteuk rolled his eyes and pointed to the shelf behind him. “ Thank you Hyung!”
 
 Donghae grabbed two blueberry muffins, placed them on two of the bakery’s plates and placed them on the table. Quickly, he placed his own money into the cash register as payment. He picked up two water bottles, placing them beside the muffins. Donghae spun around twice before smiling widely. 
 
 “ You’re missing something Hae.” Leeteuk laughed. Donghae spun around and furrowed his eye brows a bit.
 
 “ What?”
 
 “ How can you go on a date-”
 
 “ It’s not a date!” Donghae jumped, eyes widening.
 
 Leeteuk smiled. “ You can’t go, and do what ever, with out asking for?”
 
 “ A day off?”
 
 “ Yes.”
 
 “ Can I have a day off Hyung? Please? Please? Please? Please? Please?”
 
 “ Of course.”
 
 Donghae cheered but it quickly ceased when he heard giggling. Donghae spun around to see the, usual elderly women in the corner giggling, with their cups of tea. The boy shyly bowed, smiling at the two. The women giggled more, but went back to their conversation. As Donghae sat himself down, the entrance door jingled. Donghae glanced up, causing a wide smile to appear.
 
 “ Eunhyuk!” Donghae exclaimed, only to hear the elderly girls laughing again, causing a full on blush to appear.
 
 Eunhyuk grinned and walked in confidently. He hadn’t changed from his dressy attire, that was still somehow in perfect condition. He took a quick peak at what Donghae was wearing- a pink shirt, a white jacket, with white skinny jeans- then made his way in front of the said boy. He couldn’t help but wonder why, an artist would constantly wear white. The clothes would show an obvious stain with any of his paints and water could spill all over it, turning the clothes see-through. 
 
 “ You look nice.” Eunhyuk stated: It wasn’t a lie.
 
 Donghae found his face flushing in an instant. “ So do you.”
 
Eunhyuk’s own face began to turn pink, so he quickly sat down. Donghae turned his head away a bit, towards the elderly, who were practically dying of laughter. The boy pouted, trying to send ‘shut-up’ signals to the women. Eunhyuk finally raised his head to see the scene, causing him to erupt in laughter.
 
 “ Eunhyuk! Shut up!” Donghae ordered. Eunhyuk waved his hand in front of him for a few seconds, before he calmed down.
 
 “ Sorry, sorry.” Eunhyuk grinned. Donghae rolled his eyes. “ So before we go on. Why did you miss our date-”
 
 “ It’s not a date.” Donghae flushed. 
 
 “ Why did you skip out on our plans yesterday?” Eunhyuk asked, completely unfazed by the interjection. 
 
 “ I didn’t mean too!” Donghae exclaimed. 
 
 Eunhyuk nodded, not really believing the statement. “ Uh-huh. You were hanging with Minho? And Siwon?”
 
 “ No. I wasn’t! I was heading ther-here I swear! Can I explain?”
 
 “ Shoot.”
 
 Donghae grinned, and started his explanation. 
 
 After being questioned, he was surely stunned. Who wouldn’t be?  His heart was beating hysterically. He wasn’t comfortable with the feeling, and hoping it would just end he answered Eunhyuk with a “yes”. Eunhyuk had a triumphant grin planted on his face as he strutted off, announcing to meet there at four. Donghae groaned as he still felt his heart beating insanely. 
 
 He had went through the whole day planning, what he was going to do, what he was going to talk about at the café. This had frustrated all his teachers, since he didn’t normally pay attention and then he was in his own world. When all his classes had dismissed him, he was still half in a daze. He had left his classroom, crashing into the seats. Right before he actually took a step out, his teacher had forced him out of his day dream, asking about the final project. At that time, Donghae lied, and said it was almost done. He regretted that, later on. 
 
 The time it took to convince his teacher, he had to leave and not help with the next lecture, he found he didn’t’ have enough time to stop by the bakery. He dashed to his locker, practically ripping it open as he arrived. He picked up his phone, quickly dialing the number to the bakery, praying to god Leeteuk would answer. Donghae was almost out of the door when the phone was picked up. It wasn’t Leeteuk, and as he dashed towards Siwon’s apartment, where he was supposed to be staying that night, he tried to get the guy over the phone - Kangin- to put Leeteuk on the phone.
 
 Once he had the other over the receiver, he begged for the day off. He wanted to be sitting with Eunhyuk at the bakery, not working, and only sharing a few words. 
 
 He quickly arrived at the apartment, kicking it open with his foot. Siwon was sitting on the couch, his college books spread all across the coffee table. 
 
 “ Hey hyung.” Siwon greeted as he flipped to the next page. Donghae grinned in response and dropped all his arts supplies, and bag in the corner of the building.
 
 “ Hey Siwon, where’s Minho?” Donghae asked. 
 
 “ Clean up your stuff and I’ll tell you.”
 
 “ But Siwonnie, I’m in a hurry.”
 
 “ No Buts.” 
 
 Donghae groaned and dragged his stuff to the side table, gently placing everything down. He leaned his backpack against the wood, then turned back, arms crossed. 
 
 “ Done. Where’s Minho?”
 
 “ In the bathroom taking a shower.”
 
 “ Dang, I wanted to take one- What time is it?”
 
 “ Three-twenty-two. Why?”
 
 “ I’m meeting someone at the bakery, and I smell like P.E and paint.”
 
 “ You always smell like Paint, but why P.E?”
 
 “ I was painting in the Locker room today. They wanted  a stupid painting on the walls of the locker room! SERIOUSLY!”
 
 “ You could always say no.”
 
 “ They looked so desperate though. I couldn’t say no.” 
 
 Siwon chuckled and flipped through the next few pages, not really caring what was on it. Donghae sat himself beside the more-well-built man, leaning his head against the man’s shoulder. Siwon rolled his eyes, tapped the top of the head.
 
 “ Who are you meeting?”
 
 “ Some guy?”
 
 “ Name?”
 
 “ Eunhyuk?”
 
 “ Is it a date?” Siwon asked, stopping from turning the pages.
 
 Donghae’s face flushed, but he managed to send a disapproved glance to Siwon. “ I thought you were over this.”
 
 “ I am.” Siwon grumbled.
 
 “ Yeah, sure.” 
 
 Siwon nudged the smaller to the side, mumbling incoherent words. “ I am over it.”
 
 “ No you’re not. If I gave you the chance for a kiss right now, you’d swipe it in a second.”
 
 Siwon lightly glared at the smaller. “ Is that a challenge?”
 
 “ Of course not.” Donghae’s smile fell. “ I’m not joking Siwon. If you’re not over it, I’m leaving.”
 
 “ Donghae-”
 
 “ Are you not over it?” Donghae asked, standing up. Siwon grabbed his wrist and pulled him down.
 
 “ Are you?” Siwon countered.
 
 “ Ye-”
 
 Siwon’s lips pressed against Donghae’s, stopping any reply Donghae was trying to give. The smaller boy froze, eyes widening. Siwon put a little more pressure into it, before pulling back. 
 
 Siwon whispered softly. “ Are you sure? Can you tell me you’re really not over it, after that kiss, and go on that date?”
 
 Donghae ripped his hand out of Siwon’s hold and stomped towards the door. Minho stepped out of the shower, his hair still drenched, but the rest of the body seemingly dry.
 
 “ Hey Donghae. What’s-”
 
 “ It’s not a date.” Donghae yelled, as he scooped up his back pack and stormed out. 
 
 “ And Minho had followed me back the whole way, trying to get me to come over after a fight with Siwon, his brother. I wasn’t paying attention so I got lost, and I didn’t have you’re number, and I didn’t know if you had left, and I’m really sorry.” Donghae finished up, skipping over the kiss with Siwon, replacing it with a quick term of ‘fight’.
 
 Eunhyuk bought it though. “  I guess I can’t stay mad at you for that.”
 
 Donghae’s face brightened as he took a sip of his water bottle. “ No you can not.”
 
 “ So what was the fight about?”
 
 Donghae bit his lip and shrugged. “ Ongoing problems.”
 
 “ Mind telling me?” Eunhyuk asked, as he wrapped a towel around the water bottle, keeping the perspire on the bottle, away from him.
 
 “ It’s nothing of interest.” Donghae smiled sweetly. “ Do you want a warm drink instead? I’ll pay?”
 
 Eunhyuk nodded gently as he placed his bottle down. 
 
 Leeteuk, a couple feet away rolled his eyes at the two. The elderly couple beside him, followed the motions, smiling as doing so. A couple of kids, who were with their parents, copied their facial expressions.  It was obvious: What they felt, what they were doing, what was happening, to everyone but themselves.  
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 So what you think? 
 
Sorry for the wait xD 
Honestly? I was busy, and then didn't have any inspiration. I almost put this on a Hiatus, but then I reread the comments, and I was all hyped up. So seriously, no matter how pathetic I sound right now, please give me comments? I really fall in love with every single comment I get, even if I don't reply to it on your wall.

 I might start putting replies on this thing, next chapter I'll probably try it out. I dunno.
 
 So.... Siwon and Donghae? What's going on there? ( tell me your guesses 'cause I need ideas, and I actually am not a hundred percent sure xD)
 
 Eunhyuk? Not much of him here :( So depressing for me, cause he can be such a fun character to write about. 
 
 Leeteuk? :) guess what his role is going to be :D 
_____
 
 And now for some shameless self promoting: 
 
 You know, I'm a writer right? And I'm terrible at keeping track on things ( You probably don't know that yet lmao)
 but I have this other story 

I See Him
 
 Just check in my stories ( I am still knew to this, and completely confused on the whole link thing)
 So yeah. Have fun, enjoy. 

LOVE YOU ALL
 
KriKri