School days.

A little big change.




You walked out of the car over to the other side so you could open the door for Midori.
Once she was out of the car you could see by the look on her face that she was just as amazed as you.

"Omg this is beautiful!"
"I know! I've been here a few times before, but never at this time of year."
"wow..."
"let's go!" You shouted with excitement as you grabbed her hand and pulled her into the park.



The river looked stunning in the orange glow of the sun.
"Hey look over there!" you yelled while pointing to a group of small baby ducks and it's mother.
"Aaaw, that's adorable."

As you looked to the side you saw something even more stunning than the river itself.
It was Midori, her dress dancing with the wind, her long hair carried behind her, the soft light making her seemingly glow.

"You look really nice today."

"Hm?" you were cut out of your daze by her soft voice.

"Did Kat dress you up too?" she said with a small giggle.
"Ah, yes! The scarf is nice isn't it? Kat gave it to me, it used to be her brothers."
"Yeah it looks nice on you."

You could feel your face light up at her compliment, even though it should've been you complementing her.

"But you look nicer!"
"Eh, w-what?"

She seemed surprised and even with her hand covering her cheek she was unable to completely hide the color filling her face.

"Come on, let's take a walk!"

While she was still in daze you grabbed her hand and led her along the boulevard.


You walked for a while, talking about everything and nothing.

"So tell me about the place you came from."
"Curaçao?"
"Yeah that."

There was a small pause before she continued.

"Ehm, it's a small place, interesting people, not to much to do.
 I do miss it sometimes, the city, my friends even though most of them probably don't live there anymore."

"Really? Where do you think they went?"

"Holland? America? Either way, I highly doubt any of them would want to stay there."

"Why?"

"There's no good education, it's small, personal grudges maybe? Well let's say that Kat and I left because there was no good education."

"Was there no good education at all, or just the stuff that you wanted to study?"


"Well there used to be a university there, but by the time I graduated it was gone."

"That's pretty bad actually."

"Yup."

"So if you would want to study something you would have to move to a different country?"

"Yeah, sadly."

"What about normal schools? High schools?"

"There's a lot of them but there's only a few good ones, and sadly I had to go through the living hell of a bad one."

"What about Kat? I've never heard her talk about that stuff."

"Kat doesn't like talking about it because she says it takes to long to explain."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I know that she only says that because high school was hard for her. Kat had to do 8th grade twice and the second time a lot of things happened between her and her friends and her brother basically had a mental breakdown at that point causing her grades to drop. After that she had to go to a private school where she didn't know anyone and it was hard for her to make friends because of the way she looked."
"How did she look then? It couldn't possibly have been that bad, I mean, she's a stylist."
"Well it wasn't necessarily bad, it was just different from what people were used to there. I think that was around the time when her hair was blue? No, it was black and purple at that time because the school had just started and I remember that I had accidentally cut my hair to short at that time."

"You cut your hair to short?"

"Yeah, my bangs were waaay to short at that time."

"I bet that looked pretty funny." you said as you smiled at her.

"It did.. Sadly." she she said as she gave you a fake sad look.

"Hahaha, don't worry, we all have those moments in our past, just think about Kris before we debuted."

"That wasn't as bad! At least he had a nice face."

"You have a nice face."

Your sudden compliment seemed to have left her with red cheeks and little to say.


"You.. Ehm, ah! The movie!"

"What time is it?"

"5:45"

"Oeps, let's go!"


You grabbed her hand once again and led her back to the car, saying goodbye to the nice scenery and onto your next destination.