Test 4: Background Check

Kwon Jiyong vs. 6 Men
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 7: Test 4: Background Check

----------------------

[a/n: Woohoo! I got this updated! i've been stuck in this story for some odd reason! I guess i really don't have a sense of humor! (^_^;) Mianhae if things aren't getting any better. I'm losing it since my brain wants to write something sad. Oh brotha! lol but please enjoy this! PS Long read ahead, i had too much fun on this one!!!]

----------------------

After the disaster of their last test, the boys had gathered again. This time each brother had thought really hard what to do next. Obviously their test hasn’t been hard for Jiyong since the guy always end up escaping.

And not only that, the six brothers, even the single men had sure felt the wrath of the wives. Like Dara had suspected, her sister-in-laws are indeed behind her back. The wives did the scolding to the six which made the young girl relax.

The boys sat still their minds all far away from their current situation. It sure has been hell of a week for them after what just happened to each married men.

Eric sure did enjoy the sofa; get that not the guest room but the sofa. His wife, Yejin didn’t dare talk to him for two days. And not only that, he was left to take care of their two kids while she went out blowing big bucks on new shoes, clothes, bags, etc.

After her so called mini shopping spree the girl didn’t stop there. She sure left Eric hanging from what could have been a steamy night for the two of them.

Hyesung on the other sure had a bit easier week compare to the three married men. His wife Soojin was kind enough to let him sleep in their room the next night, but he still didn’t get to escape the no love making for the whole week.

Like Yejin, Soojin sure had treated herself to a shopping spree including a day spa and new hairstyle. Hyesung, who doesn’t like to spend much, sure felt bitter seeing the credit card bill that had arrived a couple of days after. Her so called mini shopping cost him a fortune. A bit exaggerated in Hyesung’s part really.

Andy, for the first time felt his wife, Soomi’s worst wrath of the night. Not only did he get yelled at, but the girl sure used her martial arts technique which taught Andy a huge lesson. He did end up sleeping in the guest room like some of his brothers did.

After the beating from his wife, he sure paid a surprise visit to Minwoo’s studio and he didn’t dare think about their age difference as he kicked Minwoo’s . For some it would have been a serious business but in the end the two end up laughing. Minwoo however apologize since he clearly saw how beaten Andy was.

Last and definitely not the least, Dongwan sure had the worse out of all the married brothers. His wife being seven months pregnant didn’t help either. Not only is her mood swings an issue but her angry state at the guy’s action on going to a strip club sure affected him more.

His wife, Haemi didn’t speak to Dongwan for three days and once she started speaking to the guy she made sure it was a hell of a week for him. She pretended to crave for a food which the guy would fetch but once the husband returns she pretends not to be interested anymore. Not only that, Haemi sure cause Dongwan’s a sleepless night leaving him with a huge dark circles around his eyes.

Of course there are also the two single men who wasn’t outcast in times like these. The wives made sure that they all gave Minwoo and Junjin hell.

All at the same time, the wives brought their kids and left them in a time where the two were busy.

Minwoo, who was in his studio at that time, was interrupted when the sister-in-laws all ganged up on him pretending they all needed a babysitter. The guy didn’t object seeing the deadly stare each wife is giving him.

In the end the six kids were left with him making his workplace messy and out of place. Minwoo sure had lost his patience and a bit of his temper. He was never experienced with kids especially if there are six of them. He then remembered how his parents must have suffered so much having the six of them.

Junjin also experienced the same thing Minwoo had, this time the kids were left in Junjin’s favorite gym. The kids sure ruined many of his gears making the guy throw another fit.

The five brothers ended up scolding the guy for how he reacted which sure scared the kids out.

Now the five are sitting in one room thinking deeply what to do next. Their sudden silence was intruded when Hyesung came in running out of breath. The other brothers looked at him weirdly as the guy tried to catch his breath and on his hands were envelopes.

“You okay hyung?” Andy asked but the guy felt his age so in the end he could only nod.

“What do you have there?” Minwoo was rather curious with the envelopes he was holding.

“Okay,” Hyesung sat on the single sofa giving each brother an envelope. “For the past couple of days, while my wife ignored me I did some research.”

“Research on what?” Eric asked opening the envelope.

“Well, if you let me finish,” Hyesung glared at the older guy. “I asked a friend of mine which is a detective, you all know Detective Lee, right?” he asked earning nods from each brother. “I had asked him to do a little investigation on Kwon Jiyong.”

“So?” Dongwan said making the guy sigh as they didn’t get what he meant by all this effort he did.

“So the papers here in the envelope are the result of what he found,” Hyesung explained. “I suggest we do background check on him.”

“But you already did that hyung?” Junjin flashed the envelope at him. “Why bother asking him or do one when you have these?”

“Well that’s the point,” Hyesung said making the five brothers confused. “I had asked for a copy of Detective Lee’s report that way when we do our own background check we can check if he’s lying or not. And I have thought of more questions to ask unless you guys have something to ask as well.”

“Hmm I see what it is,” Eric smirked. “So this right here,” he meant the envelope. “Is our key to whether he’d lie or not to us?”

“Exactly,” Hyesung smiled. “I mean all the stuff in here is his basics so I figured to do more questions and use that lie detector test machine again.”

“The machine we don’t know how to use?” Andy asked making the idealist nod. “What’s the point of it?”

“I guess to use as a threat,” Minwoo added earning a nod from Hyesung.

“Ooh we should take out some of the fake things we used to scare Dara’s past suitors!” Junjin couldn’t help but like the ideas. “I heard Butler Kim found the jar of fake bloody fingers. And the fake tongues, those usually work when it comes to scaring suitors.”

“The shed in the back near the golf course will sure help the scene you know,” Dongwan smiled thinking of their past jokes at Dara’s suitors.

“So call?” Hyesung asked making the five nodded in agreement. “So tonight at 7 pm after dinner, two people should kidnap Jiyong.”

“I volunteer!” Junjin raised his hand.

“Me too!” Minwoo joined smiling evilly.

“Good,” Hyesung smiled, “The rest of us will take care of the place. I suggest you two take the golf cart that way it’ll be easier for you guys to move around.”

“Will do sir,” Junjin looked at Minwoo who had the same smile as he does.

-

Junjin and Minwoo decided to join Dara and Jiyong for dinner while the brothers plan the rest of the test in the shed near the golf course. Not to be too obvious, the two decided to stick around the mansion that way they won’t get caught again.

“Where are the other brothers?” Jiyong asked.

“Hmm I heard their still persuading their wives,” Dara answered while the two brothers nodded.

“Sorry about that bro,” Minwoo said making Junjin nod as well. “We didn’t mean to bring you to that place. And sis I regret taking Jiyong there.”

“It’s all forgotten oppa,” Dara smiled seeing her brothers apologetic looks. “Ah that’s right!”

The three looked at Dara’s sudden outburst.

“Jiyong,” she called making the two curious. “Tonight the girls and I are going out again.”

“Again? Can’t I come?” he asked making Dara smile.

“Baby,” Dara brushed Jiyong’s hair aside. “Of course you can’t, it’s a girl’s night out. Plus Haemi Unnie got Dongwan oppa’s credit card and she promised to take us girls out. So you can’t come. I bet Minwoo and Junjin oppa will love to hang with you.”

“Can’t do sis,” Minwoo said. “I have some recording to finish. And you know me.”

“Oh, how about you Junjin oppa?” Dara asked Junjin which made the brother nervous. He was never good at lying.

“Hmm I guess after I finish my training I can get him,” he said making Minwoo smile.

“That’s great,” Dara said. “See, now you have Junjin oppa to accompany you later tonight.”

“Great,” Jiyong gave a tight smile which didn’t escape Junjin’s and Minwoo’s eyes.

-

Once Dara left, the two brothers talked to one another and had also buzzed the team that is in the shed asking if all things are set. And once they got a call that it’s a go, the two placed their winter mask on looking at Jiyong who was out in the pool area in the backyard.

Junjin prepared himself to tackle the guy while Minwoo had the cloth bag to cover Jiyong’s head

“Yah!!!” he yelled feeling a pair of huge arms around him and the cloth bag covering his head. The guy tried to wiggle but Junjin’s grip had sure locked Jiyong in place. Minwoo quickly got the ropes he had in his pockets and tied Jiyong’s hands and feet which made it hard for the guy to fight.

The two tried to hold their laugh seeing Jiyong scared. “Please let me go!” he yelled but nothing is stopping the brother.

Once their victim was set, Junjin carried Jiyong like a sac of potato and placed him in the back of the golf cart along with him while Minwoo drove away. 

The two arrived at the said location and quickly called for help by Minwoo’s finger whistle. Automatically, the brothers came out and all looked at their victim trying hard not to laugh seeing how pathetic Jiyong looked and all looked forward for their so called interrogation for tonight.

“Bring him in,” Hyesung whispered to Junjin.

Junjin settled Jiyong in the chair while the brothers all stood in front of the guy. He slowly peeled the cover on his head allowing Jiyong to see what’s in front of him. And automatically he knew what he is in for, another test.

The place sure gave the interrogation feel to it, as there is one light for him while the rest are dimmed to dark. He felt nervous all of a sudden to what the brothers have in store for him.

“Hello dear brother-in-law to be,” Eric said making the other brothers smile.

“Are you ready for this test?” Andy asked making Jiyong shut his eyes.

“I knew you’d come after me again,” Jiyong whispered.

“Good you know,” Junjin grinned.

“Don’t worry Jiyong,” Hyesung walked closer to the guy and slowly he untied the ropes in his hands and feet. “This test is quite easy.”

“It is,” Dongwan followed. “All you have to do is answer us in full honesty in all questions we have.”

“Okay,” he mumbled.

“But of course,” Minwoo took the cloth off their machine making Jiyong’s eyes wide. “We have to connect you to this baby!”

“A lie detector machine?!” Jiyong said making the six brothers nod.

“I see you are well aware of this machine,” Hyesung said. “It’s also another way to detect whether you are lying or not. Andy over there is quite good at this machine so you can’t escape us.”

“So just be honest,” Eric said. “If you are honest about things there shouldn’t be any problem right?”

“Well of course not,” Jiyong answered. “But what if I’m nervous and it came out different from what I have in mind. Are you going to believe me or the machine more? I know how this kind of machine works too. Well the point of it.”

“We’ll know Jiyong,” Minwoo said. “All we want is your honesty. Go on Andy connect him!”

Andy followed and Jiyong sure felt a surge of adrenaline. He is never prepared for this kind of test and knowing a machine like this i

Please log in to read the full chapter