A Very Merry Christmas

Digging With A Stick

A/N: So, everybody was upset about the of the story which means I've done my job correctly. No story is good and complete without the "WTF" . Haha. Anyway, what we've all been waiting for! Enjoy! :D

Week one:
Monday:
"Hey, this is Sehun, again...." Jongin ignored the answering machine, continuing to make a sandwich. "I just wanted to tell you that it's not what it looked like." Jongin sliced the sandwich in half. "Okay, well...please...just call me back." Jongin sat down at the table and took a bite.

Tuesday:
"I've missed you so much~ Please pick up the phone, before I run out of time and the machine cuts me off!~" Sehun sang. "JonGIN!!" He finished the song with a loud cry at the end. Jongin turned out the lights and went to bed.

Wednesday:
"I was thinking and...I've written you a poem." Jongin walked towards the phone. "It's called "Jongin I need you to pick up the ph-" Jongin picked up the phone and slammed it back down.

Thursday:
"Jongin-ah...I'm really sorry." Jongin opened the front door and walked out, shutting and locking it before he departed.

Friday:
"Please, Jongin, I never meant to hurt you. I didn't know he was going to do it." Jongin turned the TV up louder to drown out the sound.

Saturday:
"You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm tellin' you why, Santa Claus is coming to town!" Sehun sang. "Christmas is in a week, Jongin-ah." Jongin folded his clothes, turning on the radio.

Sunday:
"Never gonna give you up! Never let you down! Never gonna run around and hurt you...again!" Sehun sang; singing was becoming a bit of a habit for him. Jongin continued cleaning.

Week Two:

Monday:
"Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree! How lovely are your branches?! Christmas is on Thursday!" Jongin walked into the house carrying groceries.

Tuesday:
"You're my best friend, best of all best friends, I can be your best friend too!" Sehun paused. "I don't...I don't know why, but that seemed to fit perfectly...weird." Jongin picked up the phone and slammed it down again.

Wednesday:
"Have yourself a merry little Christmas, hmm, hmm, hmm." Sehun hummed the words he couldn't remember. "Listen, Jongin-ah, tomorrow's Christmas and....I just...I don't wanna spend this one without my best friend." Jongin frowned and walked towards the phone, his hand lingering above it, faltering. "Okay, goodbye, Kai." The line went dead and Jongin let his arm fall to his side.

Thursday, Christmas:
"Merry Christmas, Jongin." Sehun hung up quickly this time and Jongin was on his way out the door, ready to go to Minho's party.

Sehun sat on his couch fiddling with a piece of fuzz. It was Christmas and Sehun was all alone. He supposed he could call Taekon, just so he wouldn't be so lonely, but he was sure Taekon had plans. He heaved a sigh and leaned back closing his eyes. Sehun wished for something, anything to make Jongin come back. Sehun would take being friends over nothing any day. He just missed the other's presence so much, and knowing he could never get him back was making everything worse. Sehun's phone rang and he picked it up and flipped it open. "Hello?"

"Sehunnie, it's your umma."

"Hey, Ma, merry Christmas." Sehun smiled.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm sulking, Ma." He frowned.

"Over what, baby?" She crooned.

"I found someone I love and now they want nothing to do with me." Sehun sounded like child who wasn't getting what he wanted.

"What, Sehun-ah?! You gotta do something! Go get this person back! If you let them go you'll regret it for the rest of your life." Sehun felt his brain get a little bit of new found valor that his heart yearned for. He stood up from his seat and grabbed his keys.

"You know what, Ma? You're right." Hanging up the phone without another word, and assuming his mom would understand, Sehun put on his shoes and ran out the door. Jumping into the car, Sehun slid the keys into the ignition. He turned them and the car sputtered and staled. Sehun cursed. He turned it again and again, but his attempts and pleading fell on deaf ears. "C'mon! C'mon, you piece of crap!" Sehun gave up and pulled the keys out. Minho's house was a couple of blocks away; he'd have to run. Jumping out of his car and slamming the door he took off in hopes of catching the elder. His feet hit the icy concrete hard and his body began to sweat after the first block. The snow came down on his head and he was shivering. In his hurry to get out he forgot to grab a jacket. He skidded across the icy ground and turned the corner, not stopping for a moment. His feet dug into the ice with each stomp and his body quaked as the cold started to get to him. He pushed forward and his breath came out in short, labored puffs. Turning the corner again, he continued in a straight line. He followed the street signs and finally he could hear the music. He pushed forward harder and finally he was rewarded with the sight of the house. "Jongin!" He called out in hopes of finding him. He ran past the people outside and up the stoop and into the house. His eyes searched the crowd, desperately trying to find his target. His sights felt onto the one he searched for. He ran, and finally, came to a stop in front of Jongin.

"Sehun, what're you doing here?" Jongin looked around awkwardly.

"Jongin," Sehun began.

"I don't want to talk to you." Jongin growled, a hint of sadness playing on his words.

"Please, Jongin-ah, I need you." Sehun pleaded.

"Don't."

"Jongin, you gotta listen to me." Jongin pushed past him and Sehun spun around grabbing Jongin's arm turning him around to face him. "Please, I love you." Jongin's eyebrows knitted together. "You're the last person I think about before I fall asleep. The moment I stop talking to you I feel the urge to call you. Went I don't see you for more than a week I get antsy. When you're not there it's like my heart is under water. You've made me everything I want to be with a simple "hello." You make me an honest man. You make me love you and though I wish I could hate you for it, for making me fall so hard and then turning away, I just can't. I can't hate you because I'm hopelessly and haplessly in love with my best friend...which is you." Sehun finished and took a deep breath. Jongin stood dumbfounded for a moment, trying to fit all the pieces together. Jongin's expression was unreadable, but when he smashed his lips forcefully onto the younger's, Sehun felt every bit of emotion that filled that one action. Jongin's hands found their way to Sehun's face, deepening the kiss. Sehun curled his hands into Jongin's shirt and pulled him closer. Time and space seemed to not exist as their lips still lingered on one another. Their hearts fluttered and their stomachs felt warm. Sparks flew around them and they heard nothing of what was taking place in their general area.

"Guys, stop. People are watching." Minho pulled them apart and the two panted hard.

"Sehunnie..." Jongin trailed off.

"Kai..." Sehun did the same.

"Take me home." Jongin pleaded.

"I would love to, but I actually ran here." Sehun laughed awkwardly.

"That's okay, Sehunnie, because I'm already home." Sehun raised an eyebrow. "Anywhere you are is home to me, Sehun. You are my home." Sehun smiled and threw himself at the older, wrapping his arms around the muscular waist. Jongin returned the gesture and wrapped his arms around Sehun's back, resting his head on the top of the Younger's own. "I love you too, Hunnie. I always have, since the very first day we met."

A/N: So thweet. :3 I really like this chapter! *Dances around happily* I wrote that. Hehe. ^.^ Well, there's one more chapter left and I'm a little sad. Don't really want this fic to end. :( Oh well. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading. :)