Chapter Six

Digging With A Stick

A/N: For the sake of argument we're going to say that Kai and Sehun speak perfect english, because I thought the featured song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ) fit what I was trying to do perfectly. So enjoy!

Feeling something warm against his chest Jongin moved closer to the source. His eyes fluttered open, his fuzzy vision slowly becoming clear. As he gradually became coherent he realized his head was pounding and something soft was moving against his chin. Moving his eyes downward, he gasped and his eyes widened. Sehun was snuggled up against his chest and his own arm was wrapped securely around his waist, and the other was under Sehun's head and his hand was flat against his lower back. "Oh my god." He whispered, trying not wake the younger. With each thought of what might have occurred the night before Jongin became more and more panicked. He didn't want to push Sehun away fearing he might find himself to be, either scantily clad, or bare-. Plus, though he'd never fully admit, he missed waking up with something in his arms, and a pillow could never really fulfill his, only human, need. Sehun moved again, his hands clenching Jongin's shirt and tiny hums coming from the sleeping body. Mentally sighing, he realized if nothing else, his shirt was still on, but that still didn't put him in the clear. He squeezed his eyes shut as he had another dagger into his skull. Sehun murmured something softly and Jongin's face loosened at the sound of his voice.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun breathed in Jongin's sent, his mind and imagination still caught up in the strings of dreamland. Warmth surrounds his body, and seeking more, he wiggled his sleeping body further into warm envelopment. He hummed and clenched tighter onto the heat.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Jongin breathed in through his nose, strands of hair tickling him. He groaned; he really had to use the restroom. "Sehunnie..." Jongin's eyes widened. "I mean, Sehun-ah, please wake up..." He trailed off. "I really need to urinate." He whined. Feeling the younger's body move against him, he wasn't sure whether to smile or frown.

"Jongin..." Sehun picked his head up from being buried in Jongin's shirt and he gasped at the sight before him. He rolled out of Jongin's arms and scooted across the bed until he was at the other side nearly falling off. "I-it's s-so not what it looks like! Let me explain." Sehun begged trying to control a situation that needed no controlling.

"Over lunch." Jongin deadpanned and stood from the bed, going into the bathroom and shutting the door; leaving a very confused Sehun in his wake.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun took notice of Jongin's defensive driving. He watched for other cars as much as he watched where he was going. Sehun, despite the awkward silence, felt comfortable in the car while he was driving. Taekon drove like a mad man, and Sehun was beginning to notice something was bothering his best friend. After five minutes of driving in pure silence, Sehun just couldn't take it anymore. "Can I...turn on the radio?" Jongin gave him a sideways glance and pressed the on button rather harshly. He winced as the loud voice boomed over the radio; he turned the volume down some.

"This is X58O, your English radio station!" Sehun's eyes widened slightly and he turned to Jongin, his expression playfully curious.

"You listen to American music too?" Jongin gave a curt nod, barely giving him a glance.

"Ohhh, ohh." The song began. "We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of..." Jongin stared straight ahead, trying to pretend like the song wasn't on, and Sehun shifted awkwardly in his seat, looking out the window attempting to divert his attention to something other than the impeccably terrible timing of the song. "You wouldn't get this from any other guy, I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling. Gotta make you understand." Jongin cleared his throat, his mouth suddenly dry. "Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you." Sehun bit his bottom lip, mentally kicking himself for asking to turn the radio on. "We've known each other so long. Your heart’s been aching, but you're too shy to say it. Inside we both know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it, and if you’re asking me how I'm feeling, don't tell me you're too blind to see it." Sehun hadn't realized he'd been tapping his foot, but when he did he put it to a sudden stop, his foot making a thud on the car floor. Jongin glanced at him, but when Sehun reciprocated he looked away quickly.

Pulling into a spot in the parking lot of Blue Ocean, Jongin turned off the car and got out of the metal contraption making his way to the building. Sehun moved slowly behind him, trying to make as much distance between them as he could without losing the other. "Hello!" The bubbly hostess chirped loudly. "Where would you like to sit, sirs? Inside or outside?" Jongin turned back to Sehun.

"Outside." Sehun mumbled. Jongin nodded and turned back to the hostess relaying Sehun's choice.

"Outside, please." Jongin mentally groaned at Sehun's choice. The sun was way too bright today.

"Yes, right this way!" She picked up two menus and waved for them to follow her. Walking through the restaurant, they finally came to the doors leading to the patio. She showed them to their table-the only table left open- and handed them their menus. "Your waiter will be with you soon."

"Thank you." Jongin gave her a small smile and she skipped away. Jongin opened his menu and looked inside, letting the table fill with silence.

"Jongin-ah...?" Jongin hummed in response. "Can I just tell you what happened?" Jongin put down the menu looking into Sehun's eyes. "You got drunk and we talked..." He trailed off.

"Did we sleep together?" Jongin cut straight to the point and Sehun blushed.

"Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. You were lonely and wanted to sleep with me...."

"Did we have ?" The elder asked bluntly. Sehun gasped shaking his head violently.

"No!" He yelped, then leaned across the table and whispered, "I'm not gay." Jongin's lips were still pulled into a straight line, his expression unreadable.

"Good." He said finally, a small smile spreading across his face. Sehun sighed in relief. "What do you want? I'm paying." Sehun shook his head.

"No, I can pay for myself." Jongin smiled at Sehun.

"No, I've got it. It's a congratulatory gift." Sehun swallowed and nodded.

"Okay."

"Now, what do you want?" Jongin repeated, watching as Sehun flipped through the laminated pages in the menu.

"Egg and shrimp ramen!" Sehun's eyes glistened in the sun and Jongin chuckled lightly.

"As you wish." The latter hummed. A man approached them and pulled out a pad and a pen.

"Hello, I will be your waiter today, what can I get you?" Jongin looked up.

"I would like chicken and rice and a coffee." He pointed to Sehun.

"And I would like egg and shrimp ramen and lemonade." The waiter scribbled on the pad and walked away.

"Lemonade?" Jongin laughed. "Manly." Sehun frowned.

"Shut up. You're gonna be short if you keep drinking all that coffee," Sehun scrunched up his face. "Oh wait, too late! Ohhhhh." He derided. Jongin laughed.

"Awh, Sehunnie, don't make fun of your elders, it's rude." Sehun pouted.

"You're not that much older." Jongin laughed at Sehun's pout. "Besides, you started it." Jongin couldn't help but smile at Sehun's childish attitude. He loved how Sehun would pout at Jongin's playful jokes.

"I'm sorry, Sehunnie." Sehun grumbled and looked away.

"Alright, I forgive you, Jongin-ah." Sehun turned back to Jongin, the most beautiful smile gracing his lips. Jongin hummed in response.

"So, did I do anything detrimentally embarrassing last night?" Sehun snickered.

"I'll never tell." Sehun joked, but Jongin frowned.

"Sehun-ah, please tell me you're not going to black-mail me with photos, or tell everyone I did something awful, which I probably did because I am a terrible drinker, I mean I-" Sehun's small chuckle cut him Jongin off. "What's so funny? I'm serious." Jongin pouted and Sehun stopped laughing.

"I promise I would never do any of those things." Sehun was serious all of a sudden and Jongin felt assured. "Your secret is safe with me." Jongin raised an eyebrow.

"Secret?" Sehun opened his mouth to respond but closed it when the waiter came back with their food. Sehun's mouth watered in anticipation and his stomach growled.

“That was really fast, thank you!” The food was placed before them, and Sehun dug in viciously. ing his chopsticks in and lifting the ramen to his mouth. Jongin hadn't let the subject go and when the waiter was out of sight he repeated his concern.

 "Secret?" Sehun slurped up the last bit of his ramen.

"I just meant that you can't hold your liquor." Sehun explained, taking another bite, or slurp, of ramen. Jongin made an 'o' shape with his mouth and scooped up some chicken and rice with his spoon. The chicken fell of the spoon and he frowned. Using his fingers to put the chicken back on the spoon he lifted it to his mouth, only stop the movement an inch from his mouth.

"Do you believe in destiny?" Jongin's eyes lifted from his spoon to look at Sehun's face that was currently looking sideways.

"I believe we make our own destiny." Jongin moved the fork the rest of the way to his mouth, using his lips to take the food off the fork. Sehun turned to him.

"Well, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of destiny, don't you think?" Sehun's eyebrows knitted together at Jongin's response. Jongin took a sip of his coffee and looked at Sehun again.

"How so?" Jongin sounded genuinely curious and Sehun felt a little nervous to explain.

"Destiny is something you're not supposed to have any control over; it’s supposed to be written in the stars; it's supposed to be something you can't change." Sehun explained. Jongin seemed to think about what Sehun had just said before answering.

"Can you give me an example?" Sehun gulped uncomfortably.

"Like whom you fall in love with." Jongin hummed in thought. Sehun's breath was still hitched in his throat and Jongin seemed oblivious to his current state of being.

“Love?” Jongin stared into space his eyes low and his expression showing the sadness he felt towards the subject. Seeing his face, Sehun wanted to hug the elder and make the pain go away.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Dropping Sehun off at his apartment he gave into the hangover. He groaned rubbing his head. His head had been pounding all day and the radio and the seat outside had seemed to make it worse. To his surprise, Sehun had seemed not to notice his wincing every time a sharp pang rung through his head.

Pulling into his driveway and running into his house he locked the door and fell onto the couch. Closing his eyes, he whined. Not even closing his eyes was helping the shrewd headache. His eyelids fluttered chaotically as he tried to will his eyes to stay closed. He groaned again. Seeing a picture of Sehun's face in his mind, he felt the pain ease a bit.

Jongin stared at Sehun, his eyes drifting over the younger's hair. The outlines of his beautiful face making Jongin want to kiss it. Kiss everything that made him smile. Kiss everything that made his heart stop. Everything that made him catch his breath. Everything that made him feel like reality was a dream. Everything he would never admit to loving.  Everything that made him realize he was not gay.

A/N: So honestly I'm not a big fan of this chapter, but I had to write the first chapter for another story I'm doing called "A Hundred Memories" Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/234437/a-hundred-memories-sekai Anyway, I think I accomplished what I was trying to in this chapter, so I hope you might have liked it if even a little bit. And please check out that story and tell me what you think! Thank you for reading! XD