Chapter ten

Digging With A Stick

Sehun walked up and down the aisles of the Cash-N-Go grocery store, in search of his favorite dinner side dish. Making a noise of triumph, he walked briskly down the aisle and came to a stop next to a man. He faced the boxes and snapped his hand out only to have another hand collide with his own. Sehun's eyes widened as something kinetic s through him. He looked up to the other man who was reaching for the same item. Said man bowed continuously. "I am so sorry, sir, my mistake." Sehun giggled and bowed as well.

"No, I am the one who should apologize. In my haste to get my favorite side dish I disregarded your actions." They both lift themselves up to stand straight. Their eyes met and something sparked. Something that was unexplainable. Something neither of them was ready to admit.

"I guess we both like kimichi." The man chuckled nervously.

"I suppose you're right." Sehun smiled. A long comfortable silence rested over them, until Sehun spoke again. "I should probably get going...I’ve got dinner with the family tomorrow." The man repeated 'yeah' as Sehun talked, assuring both himself and Sehun that it was time for the younger to leave. Sehun gave a smile that lasted a few prolonged moments, while Sehun looked the man over. The man looked away timidly. Sehun his heel and began walking away from the scene. Sehun came to a sudden stop at the end of the aisle; he in a breath and turned around quickly. "Hey," Sehun yelled down the aisle. "What's your name?" Jongin, who had been watching him leave solemnly, stumbled over his thoughts, trying to remember his own, birth-given name.

"Uhh, Jongin! Kim Jongin!" He yelled back. Sehun smiled, his eyes turning into upside down U's. Sehun giggled and turned around walking away with a very satisfied look playing on his face. Jongin's eyes widened and he waved in Sehun’s general direction then realized he wasn't speaking and stuttered into a yell. "H-Hey, hey!" Jongin got quieter as Sehun didn't turn around. "What's your name?" Jongin whispered sadly.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
"Excuse me, sir." Sehun smiled at the barista behind the counter. "I would like my coffee black, with three sugars and two milks." The man behind the counter nodded and was back with his coffee in record time. "Thank you." Sehun chirped and turned around scanning the room for a spot to sit. His day brightened as his eyes landed onto a very specific person. The man he was staring at looked away quickly. Sehun’s grin widened-he was sure it was Jongin.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Jongin's mind raced with questions. Could it be him? No, of course not.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun approached the man and watched as he squirmed in his seat. "Is somebody sitting here?" He asked and Jongin looked up, then back down quickly.

"No."

"My name is Sehun. It's nice to meet you."

"My name is Jongin. It's nice to meet you as well." Sehun smiled brightly and Jongin blushed; today was the first day of the rest of their lives, and they both felt it. Their fate was in the hands of life and the rules they once thought would apply were now falling away.

Though nothing is engraved in stone, there is one rule to life that could never fall away. A rule so simply said-expect the unexpected-is the one constant platform, explanation, and justification that humans use to survive. If you believe something can only go one way, you're going to be disappointed. Each day we're faced with little encounters that could possibly change our lives forever. The most seemingly meaningless conversation you have shared with someone could mean more than you can begin to fathom. Love can be blossoming and you not even know it. Life is made of simple actions, simple words that can change a person forever. In some sense every human being is tethered together, everything we do will affect how another person lives. It's scary to think about it, but how we act today will not only affect our future, but also the futures of those who are around us. Though it's true we're all connected some were made for more than just a ribbon stringing them together; some were designed for fitting together. And so, because of this truth, a friendship ensued between Sehun and Jongin, taking three seemingly meaningless encounters and beginning a love story that would be passed down by generations to come.

A/N: Omg, guys! I put this last chapter up so long ago and they took it off! DX I'm so sorry. Here it is for those of you who never got to read the last chapter. Please don't hate me. Lol. Bye guys! Thanks for reading! I said something much more profound in my last status. Lol!  ^-^