Chapter Seven

Digging With A Stick

A/N: Another short chapter, sorry, but don't worry the next ones will be longer(I think). I hope you enjoy, I'm pretty satisfied with this chapter, considering my awful writer's block.

Midnight struck and there Sehun was pacing back and forth in his bedroom like a madman. His expression grim, his heart pumping, his body overwhelmed by the epiphany that had, only moments ago, hit him like a ton of bricks; Oh Sehun was gay. Oh Sehun was in love. And Oh Sehun was undoubtedly losing his mind. He was haplessly and inequitably in love with a man he barely knew. He was pacing back and forth in his room in the middle of the night because he was convinced this must all be a mistake, a big mix up in the order of things. Sehun was indubitably doomed for all eternity, he was going to hell, where there were hellish fires and water was scant. Sehun sighed and sat down at the foot of the bed. "This is the end! It's hopeless to ever turn back now." He whinged; crawling backwards he undid the blankets and slid under them. Sighing again, he pulled the blankets up to his chest and leaned to the side to turn of the bedside light.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun woke with a start as his phone's annoyingly high pitched squeal rang through the room. Picking it up off the table and flipping it open he groaned at the caller ID: Jongin. He pressed talk. "Hello?"

"Good morning!" Jongin sang; he was obviously a morning person. "I was wondering if you wanna go out this weekend?" Jongin sounded a bit nervous, his barely shaking voice betraying him.

"Sure." Sehun rubbed at his eyes and turned to the clock; only 7:30 a.m.

"Great. What do you say to dinner?" Sehun nodded then realized Jongin couldn't see him. His brain was still a little foggy.

"Yes."

"Wonderful. How about tomorrow? At 8:00? At A Hundred Years? I'll pick you up?" Jongin sounded hopeful, and though Sehun felt as if he had been deprived of sleep for weeks, he smiled.

"That sounds fantastic." He could hear Jongin smile through the phone. "I'll see you tomorrow, then." A noise of agreement came from the other end of the line. "Goodbye, Jonginnie." Sehun sounded so sweet as the syllables rolled of his tongue like warm honey.

"Goodbye, Sehun-ah." The line went dead and Sehun closed his phone and let his eyes shut as he held the phone to his heart. Maybe he was too tired to put the device on the table, or could it be that Sehun didn't want to give up the object that carried Jongin's magical voice to his ears?
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun opened his eyes slowly and groaned at the sunshine filtering through the closed blinds. It was funny how blinds seemed to do so little at keeping the sun out of the room. "I'm up." Sehun sat up and rubbed the heels of his palms into his eyes. Flinging the blanket off of his legs, he flung them over the edge and stood up. Stretching his arms, back, and legs he felt the blood start to rush through his body in entirety.

Trudging into the bathroom, he got ready for the day. Taking a shower, letting the beads of water run down his muscular frame, making his body slick. He lathered his hair with shampoo and used his body wash to clean the sweat and stink off his body from the previous day. Once his body was as clean as the Earth could possibly allow, Sehun shut off the shower and stepped out. Wrapping a towel around his waist he cleared off the smoky mirror. He picked up his toothbrush from the holder and squeezed toothpaste onto the bristles. Scrubbing his teeth, he gave them a good wash. Spitting and rinsing, he put the toothbrush back up. Opening the door and having some cool air whip around his body, he got goose bumps and the hair on his body stood up. Letting the towel fall to the floor, he dressed himself and looked to the clock; 11:30 a.m.

Walking through the house he did a quick clean up. He put on his shoes and decided to go and see Taekon. He slid his cell phone into his pocket and grabbed his keys. Locking the door and turning the knob a few times just to be safe, Sehun got in his car and drove to his best friend's house. Turning on the radio, he shamefully danced to snsd's song genie, and he pulled to a stop light next to an unknown car, with unknown passengers, he immediately put a stop to his embarrassing show.

Pulling into Taekon's driveway, he got out of the car and walked up to the house ringing the doorbell a few times. After a few minutes of looking for Taekon's car to no avail, Sehun decided to wait for his friend to come home. Sitting on the stoop outside of the latter's house, Sehun waited, wallowing in his self-pity.

Time ticked by; seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours and soon the hours had compiled be, what seemed like three hours, but only turned out to be two, which was confirmed with a check of his watch. Taekon's sports car pulled in behind Sehun's small, incomparable car. The car shut down and Sehun stood up. Getting out of the car, Taekon called out to him. "What're you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you."

"You could've called, Sehun-ah." Taekon reasoned lifting his shoulders for emphasis.

"Yeah, I suppose you're right." Sehun rubbed the back of his neck.

"How long have you been waiting?" Taekon implored. Sehun looked up in thought, albeit he knew the answer straight away.

"Thirty minutes, or so." Sehun lied. Taekon pursed his lips, and was finally standing in front of him, mere inches away.

"Good, I'm glad it wasn't too long." His best friend sighed. "Come inside." Taekon turned the key making the lock click open. Walking inside, Sehun shut the door behind him. He sat down on Taekon's normal priced couch and waited for him to come back out of the kitchen. "You thirsty?" Taekon called out.

"No." Sehun responded.

"Alright, suit yourself." After a few minutes, Taekon returned with a glass. Putting said glass on the coffee table, Taekon took a seat next to him. "So, what was so urgent that you waited outside my house for me to get home?" Sehun shifted uncomfortably and squeezed his eyes shut.

"I-I think I-I'm g-" Sehun didn't think he could continue. Taekon might hate him for this.

"Think you're wha-?" Taekon asked seriously. There was a few seconds of awkward silence before Sehun began again.

"I think I'm gay!" Sehun blurted it out before he had time to think. His eyes were still shut but he could imagine Taekon's face. All scrunched up with confusion and hatred.

"You are?" Taekon muttered. Sehun nodded the turned to him, slowly opening his eyes.

"Do you hate me?" Sehun whimpered out.

"No..." Taekon trailed off. "No I don't, Sehunnie." Sehun smiled.

"And we're still best friends, right?" Taekon frowned, but Sehun didn't notice.

"Of course, Sehun-ah." Sehun grinned.

"Good." He chirped. "I'm going out with a friend to A Hundred Years tomorrow." Sehun said excitedly. Taekon half smiled and half frowned.

"What time?"

"8 o' clock." Sehun beamed.

"Well, it sounds like a date." Sehun blushed.

"No, not a date."

"Ah." Came the one word reply for the older.

"You know I think I may be in love, though."

"With this friend of yours?" Taekon asked sadly.

"N-no." Sehun sputtered and Taekon smiled.

"Good, I can't have my little Sehunnie growing up too fast, now, can I?" Taekon bantered. Sehun blushed, he still couldn't admit it aloud, but he was sure that this would all come with time. Time wad all he needed. Just some more time to sort himself out.

A/N: Sehun finally realizes he's gay! What happens next? Haha. Okay, so two or three more chapters left. Stay tuned guys, this does have a happy ending. :D