Chapter Five

Digging With A Stick

A/N: So, I promise I’m much funnier in person...Ahem, anyway, it took me several weeks to even come up with something presentable and I think I’ve gotten it as good as it’s going to get. I ran all of my jokes by some friends and they swore up and down they were good. Some of them were too long to put in here, but if requested I think I have one more stand-up joke that refers to where I live. It’s called “movie ghetto” and people seemed to really enjoy it. So, if anybody wants to hear the other joke or jokes just request them and I’ll put them as an extra scene for Sehun’s comedy, however, it will be in its purest form, so you’re left to imagine the crowd and such. Hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

Coming to a stop in the middle of the stage, Sehun wrapped his pale hands around the cylindrical object, taking it out of its stand. "Thank you for coming out tonight." The crowd cheered loudly as a response to Sehun's comment of gratitude. “As a man I do admit to enjoying video games. In fact, my favorite is the one with the zombies.” More excited yelling reverberated off the walls in the closed-in stadium. Jongin sat folded inward, feeling uncomfortable. This was not him, he was not the social butterfly that Sehun was. And the latter was currently making this very difficult for him. "I think the threat of zombies is taken too lightly, so tonight I will put forth my suggestion as self-proclaimed ‘president-of-the-world-after-ninty-percent-of-all-humanity-has-had-their-heads-eaten-off.’” Sehun counted off each word on his fingers. “And speaking of zombies eating people’s heads off: how do they create new zombies? If in order to kill a zombie you cut off their head, how do the dead people even become zombies to begin with? Wouldn’t they automatically be dead considering they have no head?” Sehun shrugged his shoulders. The crowd chuckled. “Good question.” He chimed swing his arm up in front of him in a gesture conveying a ‘good job’ feeling. “Already thought of that and since we’ve put into plan the military force for subduing zombies called ‘Oh-crap-zombie-apocalypse-forget-all-of-your-training-frack-you-every-man-for-themselves’” He counted off the words with each finger again. “(and yes, as the name suggests we all work together) we’ve come up with an answer.  In order to fight off the alien invasion that is bound to happen, we’ve decided we’re going to mate these zombies. That’s right. We’re going to mate zombies in a secure location (because in every Hollywood movie-that we take our information from- this works out great) and then kill them. And regardless of what you’re thinking this has nothing to do with getting revenge; it’s all about saving the future.  First we save the human race from zombies then from aliens! Oh, and, by the way, all of this happens in 2012. Yeah,” Sehun scoffed. “I know.”

The show continued and Jongin hadn't realized his body had slowly but surely been relaxing, the knots in his back unwinding ever-so-slightly. He exhaled watching Sehun continue to arouse the audience with a certain majestic feel radiating off of his slender body.

“I wonder at what point people lost the common sense to pull a door open when pushing clearly wasn’t working. When did business owners have to sit down and have a meeting discussing the lack of cliental because people couldn’t figure out how to open the door. I wonder when they had to start labeling a door’s working instructions, ‘push door.’ And then over time they had to make it even more obvious and follow it with the exact opposite of what it was, ‘push not pull.’ Next thing you know they’re going to have to put on mirrors ‘your reflection.’ Then, after awhile people are still going to be confused and they’re going to have to put the lengthy ‘your reflection not your clone’ on there and god only knows what’ll happen then, they might have to add ‘there is no government conspiracy/cover up.’ If we start needing anything more than that we’re pretty much screwed.” Jongin laughed. He, too, had pondered the same thing. Sehun strutted across the stage effectively making the crowd do everything from cheer to guffaw at Sehun’s hysterical takes on day-to-day situations. Jongin grinned widely, his self-conscious worries easing a bit as his laughter gradually got louder.  

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Jongin made his way to his car, a smile gracing his lips. He hummed to himself. Sehun's show had put him in such a great mood. He opened his car door, humming the chorus of the song before sliding in. Putting the car into reverse Jongin pulled out of the parking spot. Putting the car in drive he pulled up behind a car waiting patiently.
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun ran from back stage and past all of the workers congratulating him. Suddenly, an arm was trust in front of him and Sehun skidded to a halt. "You might not want to go out there. All your fans are out there and they're going to want autographs." Sehun made grunts of disapproval. "Sehun..."

"But...my friend!" Sehun pushed past Taekon's arm, disregarding his advice. He ran out of the exit and hid behind the wall. Watching as the cars rolled by, his sights fell onto one: Jongin's. He ran out and there was yelling of his name and people rushed towards him. He fought past them. "Jongin-ah! Jongin-ah! Wait!"
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
At the call of his name, Jongin turned his head. "Sehun?" He muttered in disbelief. Sehun pushed past the crowd and rounded Jongin's car, throwing open the door and jumping in. He shut, locked the door and turned to Jongin panting. "What was that?" He yawped.

"Drive." Sehun panted a one word command. Jongin drove forward and then out of the parking lot. The drive was silent and Jongin had cleared his throat awkwardly for what seemed like the umpteenth time. Pulling into Jongin's bachelor pad-as many had called it, he pulled the keys out of the ignition. "This is your house?" Sehun looked to him with big, curiosity filled eyes. Jongin nodded.

"I suppose you could say it's my bachelor pad." Jongin swallowed; he was anything but cool now-a-days. Sehun got out of the car shutting the door and staring at the two-story house in awe.

"Bach-wha?" Sehun mumbled. "I really should have become a businessman." Jongin walked past him and up to is door via the stone steps.

"C'mon." Jongin gestures for Sehun to follow him inside. Sehun runs to catch up to the elder and stops the moment he reaches the front door. The chandelier hangs above the dining room table. The ceiling fan spins gracefully, keeping the room at a pleasant temperature. The couch is plush and a spotless white. The carpet is adorned by a matching rug and the coffee table is glass.

"So this is how the other half lives." Sehun's lips parted as he took the house in from his perch on the porch.

"Well, don't just stand outside you'll catch a cold." Jongin's face scrunched up in concern. Sehun nodded dumbly and stepped inside, Jongin shutting and locking the door behind him. "Well, this is my home...what's mine..." Jongin trailed off. "We can share." He concluded his sentence and Sehun hummed absentmindedly in response. "Would you like something to drink? I have soda...um, orange juice...I think I've got some-

"Beer." Sehun cut Jongin off and the latter was a little taken aback.

"Um, sure; I have that." Jongin walked into the kitchen. "Oh and take off your shoes, please." Sehun did as he was told and within a few minutes Jongin was back with a six pack of beer. "So, congratulations on your big night. You were really funny." Jongin sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to him. Sehun tentatively sat down on the very expensive couch.

"You do realize that if I break this I won't be able to pay for it."

"Would it be insulting if I said I know?" Sehun his tongue and Jongin chuckled.

"It would be." Sehun pouted. "Did you like my show?" Jongin took the top off the bottle and took a small sip.

"It was very light-hearted." Sehun blushed.

"Thank you. I tried." The younger frowned and Jongin frowned with him. Sehun had an effect on him that Jongin couldn't begin to explain. Never, in all of his life, had he ever met somebody with who he shared a connection such as the one he was currently sharing with the other. Sehun popped the cap on his bottle and took a big swig of the fizzy, harsh tasting liquid. He turned to face Jongin. "So, I'd like to get to know you better, Jonginnie." Sehun cooed, making Jongin chuckle.

"You too." The latter nodded. Sehun bit his lip, looking up thoughtfully.

"What do you do for a living?" Sehun inquired making Jongin smile.

"I'm a businessman." Sehun chuckled.

"I already knew that." The elder gave a small laugh and took another sip of his alcoholic beverage.

"Sorry; I'm in a lot of different fields, advertisement being one of them." Sehun looked intrigued and Jongin could help but smile at his child-like expression.

"Do I know of any of your ads?"

"No, but you will soon." Sehun made an 'o' shape with his mouth. Nodding his head, Jongin took another sip of his beer and so did Sehun.

"Okay. What's your favorite color Kim Jongin?" Sehun crooned playfully. Jongin put a finger to his chin, thinking hard.

"White or blue." The elder said still in his thinking position. Sehun hummed.

"They're both on our flag." The younger acknowledged.

"Yes they are." Jongin nodded smiling.

"How old are you exactly?" Jongin laughed.

"I'm twenty-four. How old are y-"

"I'm twenty four too!" Sehun squealed. Jongin laughed, bringing the bottle to his lips. "Okay...um, what's your favorite food?"

"Uh, I don't know." Sehun poked his lips out, trying to think of a new way to phrase it.

"Well, then, what do you enjoy eating?" Jongin thought back to his earlier meal.

"I like chicken and rice." Jongin's mouth watered at the thought of the meal. The corners of the younger's lips turned down as he admired the older's choice.

"Sounds good." Jongin nodded, swallowing the saliva that had gathered in his mouth. Sehun put his lips around the bottle and let the liquid slid down his throat. "So, are you dating anyone?" Jongin frowned; he didn't want to think about that right now.

"No." He mumbled taking another big swig of his beer. Sehun frowned.

"Why not?" Jongin grabbed another bottle and handed Sehun one.

"I suppose I haven't found the right person, yet." Sehun looked torn and swallowed more beer. At this point, Sehun was a little tipsy and Jongin seemed to be losing more and more reality with each sip.

"Maybe you should slow down." Sehun reached out to pull the bottle from Jongin's lips, but his hand missed and fell on to his thigh. "Oh god, I'm so sorry." Sehun pulled his hand away as if he had been burned by the barely acknowledgeable contact. Jongin laughed.

"It's okay. I understand; I'm irresistible." He laughed louder and Sehun blushed, his cheeks a bright tomato red.

"W-what? I n-never said th-that." He sputtered, making Jongin laugh more.

"Adorable." He mumbled making Sehun's blush grow. "Let's play a game." Sehun cringed at the idea.

"What game?"

"Truth or dare." Uh-oh.

"I don't know, Jongin-ah."

"Fine," he grumbled. "How about we play 'have you ever,' then?" Sehun mulled over the idea for a moment and surmised it was safer than 'truth or dare.'

"Okay."

"Whoever has done something before has to take drink of beer." Jongin slurred. Sehun wasn't liking the sound of this.

"Fine." He reluctantly mumbled. "You can go first." Jongin nodded and thought about it.

"Have you ever had a pet?"

"Yes, I had a lizard once." Jongin laughed. The elder could not hold his liquor.

"Okay, take a drink now." He slurred. Sehun did as he was told then looked to Jongin, his expression grim.

"I'm done playing, Jongin-ah." Jongin frowned. "Let me take you to bed." Jongin stood up wobbling woozily.

"I d-don't wunna-ah!" Sehun stood up quickly to steady the falling Jongin but tripped and pushed him down to the floor landing on top of him. Sehun's eyes widened as he realized his lips were on Jongin's. The latter's lips were moist and had the taste of beer spread across them. They were soft and puffy and felt nice on Sehun's own. Despite the sparks that seemed to fly around them Sehun stood up and picked Jongin off the floor, wrapping one of the older's arms around his shoulder. Limping up the stairs as Jongin directed them to his bedroom, Sehun felt awkwardness seep in. Putting Jongin in bed and covering with the heavy comforter, he his heel. "Where will you sleep?" Jongin sounded worried.

"I'll sleep in the guest bedroom we passed earlier."

"Okay." Sehun looked at the clock next to Jongin's bed; 11:58 p.m. It wasn't late at all and Sehun was anything but tired. A little wobbly and a bit drunk, but not tired. He held onto the wall as he made his way down the hall and entered the guest bedroom. Crawling into the bed, he turned off the bedside light and snuggled into the sheets.

The time dragged on slowly and the darkness filled his vision. He looked over to the clock:12:30 a.m.; Sehun groaned.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Jongin woke up and turned to the clock; 12:30 a.m. Looking around he realized he was in bed. Slowly, he recalled Sehun was in guest bedroom. Throwing off the blankets, he swung his legs over the bed. His body felt like jelly and he fell when he first stood up. Using the bed for support he picked himself up. He stumbled out of the room and into the hallway holding onto the wall. He checked the bedrooms as he walked down the hall and seeing a lump in the sheets he walked into the room and poked it. "Sehun?"
OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Sehun picked his head up off the pillow and pulled the sheets down so he could see. "Jongin?" Sehun mumbled looking up to the shaky frame that was holding onto the bedside table.

"I'm lonely." He blushed and looked away embarrassed. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" Sehun sighed a frown spreading across his lips.

"You'll regret this in the morning, Jongin-ah." Jongin frowned.

"Can we worry about that in the morning?" Sehun sighed, defeated. He couldn't make Jongin stumble all the back to his room. Sehun scooted back and pulled the blankets up, giving just enough room for Jongin's muscular frame to fit under it. Sehun rolled onto his side, his back to the other. Jongin moved closer and Sehun moved further away. "Will you talk with me until I go to sleep?" Jongin pleaded.

"Fine." Sehun sighed, he already couldn't sleep, he might as well do something to pass the time. "What's your earliest childhood memory?"

"I was two and I ate cereal for the first time."

"Jesus, you've got a great memory." Sehun's eyes widened; shocked and slightly amused by Jongin's unbelievable recollection.

"What's your's?" Jongin asked sleepily.

"I was at a park and I met my first friend there. I had no friends until that day. He was really nice. I moved the following week, though. I never saw him after that day." Sehun frowned, he always felt bad thinking about it. Together for only five minutes, Sehun had really liked the boy, in a friendly way, of course. Sehun expected Jongin to say something, anything, but the air was filled, only, with light snores. "I'm glad you won't remember any of this in the morning."

A/N: Thanks for reading! And you can comment or message me, whatever you want to do to let me know if you want the extra scene is fine. And thank you to one of my best friends, Jessica, for proof reading this and giving me comments on it. She stopped right before the accidental kiss though because she hates . Lol. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. :3