Chapter eight

Digging With A Stick

A/N: So, my friend hates and hates kpop and I've made it my mission to convert her to Sekai! I've come up with a story to try and sweep her off her feet. I made a separate account because I don't want her reading all my other stories....because I know her in person, haha. Anyway, if you guys wanna check it out I wouldn't be completely opposed. :) Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/238425/under-maintenance-sekai

Pulling out the younger's seat, Jongin smiled. "Here" He stepped back from the seat and rounded the table excitedly. Jongin sat down in his seat hard and looked to the other, his expression priceless.

"Jongin, you okay?" Sehun asked nervously and the former nodded. "You look a little...excited." Sehun drawled.

"I'm just happy to see you again. I've missed you." Sehun blushed a bright red and smiled awkwardly.

"I missed you too." Sehun looked away timidly and Jongin chuckled quietly.

"Hey, so, I think we've reached a point in this relationship to where it needs to be upgraded.”

"Upgraded?" Sehun gulped.

"Yeah."

"Like how?" Sehun's palms were sweaty and his mouth was suddenly dry.

"I think...we should give each other nicknames!" Sehun sighed in relief.

"Okay, what's mine?" Sehun asked excitedly.

"Hunnie; I thought of it the other day." Sehun blushed, Jongin was thinking about him. "What's mine?"

"Um, uh, hmm…" Sehun was drawling a blank and his mind was still wondering how much Jongin thought about him. "What do you like to do?"

"Hm," Jongin hummed in thought. "I like to fly kites." Sehun nodded.

"Then we'll call you Ki, but it has to have cool spelling so how about: K.A.I?" Jongin's face brightened with joy; Sehun had just chosen a nickname for him.

"Yes. I like that." Jongin beamed making Sehun giggle.

"So, Christmas is coming up...what are you doing?"

"I'm going to Minho's party."

"That sounds cool."

"We should go together." Sehun smiled wide and Jongin grinned. Sehun fiddled his hands in his lap nervously. Jongin was feeling as nervous as Sehun, though he'd never admit it. Jongin cleared his throat at the awkward silence between the two.

“Sure that sounds fun.” Sehun hummed.

"What can I get you to drink?" A waiter approached them.

"Lemonade, hunnie?" Sehun giggled and nodded. "And I'd like a coke, if you could." The waiter smiled and nodded, scribbling in his note pad, then turning and sauntering away from them. "So, is lemonade your favorite thing to drink or something?" Jongin inquired.

"Yes, I've loved it since I was a kid." Sehun explained. "My mom used to make it all the time for me." Sehun grinned at the memory. "I even had a lemonade stand once. A nickel per glass." Jongin looked surprised.

"I always wanted to have a lemonade stand. Anybody who was anybody in my neighborhood had one, but my mom always said 'no.'" He frowned and so did Sehun.

"Well, one of these days we'll make one." Sehun crooned consolingly.

"Yeah, who's gonna want to but lemonade from two old guys?" Jongin pouted and Sehun giggled putting a hand on the former's.

"Well, I'll dress up as a male stripper." They both laughed loudly, making the surrounding tables glare at them.

"Oh, that'll wo-" A drink was put down in front of him and Jongin stopped mid-sentence. "Thank you, sir." The waiter nodded.

"Do you know what you'd like to eat?" The waiter implored. Jongin looked to Sehun and Sehun looked back. They both shook their head 'no.'

"Sorry, we've gotten caught up talking. I'll wave you over when we're ready." Jongin smiled brightly.

"Okay." The waiter bowed and left.

"What were we saying?" Jongin asked. Jongin was in such a bright mood, finally he was back out with his best friend and nothing could bring them down. "Oh, right, the other night you were telling me what your earliest childhood memories were, and I must have fallen asleep before I heard it. It's one of the few things I remember, actually." Sehun blushed. It was hard enough to tell him the first time, but now he had to tell him again?

"I, um, met my first friend on a playground. I helped him with his eyes and we played together." Sehun looked away and Jongin's eyebrows knitted together.

"With sticks?" Sehun snapped his head back to Jongin. Sehun gulped and nodded.

"How'd you know?"

"Because I was tha-"

"Taekon?" Sehun whispered almost not believing his eyes.

"Sehun-ah." Taekon dropped his hands down to his knees and panted. "Please, tell me you haven't told him yet?" He begged and Sehun shook his head.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun breathed.

"I came to tell you that you can't do this."

"Why not?" Sehun frowned and noticed they were beginning to gain and audience.

"Because Sehun," Taekon began. "I'm in love with you!" Taekon yelled and Sehun was startled. His best friend was in love with him? "I've been in love with you since the first time I met you. You mean the world to me. I love everything about you! I love your humor, I love the way you feel everything with your entire being, and I love the way you smile and light up a whole room. You are my everything, Sehun." Taekon leaned forward and smashed his lips onto Sehun's. The latter's eyes widened in shock, but he didn't fight back, in fact, he let his eyes fall closed.

Jongin sat horrified by the sight. He was embarrassed, jealous, and most of all, all around hurt. Jongin felt his heart drop to his stomach and he stood from the chair. Looking away, finding the sight to disconcerting, Jongin walked away from the scene and he could feel the cold eyes of the costumer's and employee's watching him as he vacated the building.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Two chapters left! :)