Chapter 17

I Offer You My True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora pours some hot water which she and others made for the villagers. It is already 4 a.m. in the morning, the storm already backing down for the last hours but the cloud is still squeezing the last drop of the rain. Few villagers formed a research and rescue team to look for missing person, it’s been almost an hour they started their mission and there still no sign of them to come back. Sora distributes the drinks to any villagers who are still opening their eyes. In her heart she believes that they will go pass through this like they usually do. They have been hit with much worse storm before, they have to mourn afterward but they are more prepared for the last few years.
 

“Everyone will be safe.”

Sora smile softly hearing those words from Asoka, she knows that he wanted to calm her down.

“How is she?”

Sora glance on her shoulder, there she see Maki, who is still unconscious.

“Still not waking up, it’s better that way, otherwise we needs to drag her down again, it’s already her third time. We need to find Yamapi before she wakes up again.”

“He will be fine, they will find him. They will find everyone.”

“I know. These two kids… they love each other so much, Maki already feel the pain when Yamapi was gone and when he finally back, this happen. God really testing them to their limit.”

“If God really take interest that much on them, it can only mean one thing.”

“What?”

“They’re destined to be together.”

Again she smiles softly, then her gaze stop on Yui who is still not moving on the veranda. She approach her slowly as she sit there motionless.

“Hot choc?”

Yui doesn’t response to Sora, she feels so empty inside of her.

“You know that your father wasn’t my first love right?”

“Hm.”

“When I get to know that you fell in love with Yamapi, you know what the first thing that comes into my mind is?”

Only then Sora getting attention from Yui, her eyes are red and her cheek is still wet. Sora knows she is hurt, nothing can cure the pain she bear. She knows it.

“How come my only daughter gets to experience the most painful feeling that I got?”

“What you mean?”

“I was falling head to toe for someone before, I go everywhere he goes. People around me try to warn me and said that we do not belong together. Deep inside me, I know they speak the truth but hey, I’m in love. I wouldn’t listen to them. I was with him side by side for six years but he only treat me like a good friend, but I on the other hand dreaming of our marriage. One day he found out that I’m serious towards him, and he starts to pull away from me. He gradually disappears and next thing I know he already have two children.”

“He didn’t say anything to you? Why can’t they say it in front of us?”

“Dear, they did. We’re too blind to notice.”

“Why? I’m not as good as Maki?”

“Hey! Don’t say that. Just because you have unrequited love doesn’t mean your love is lacking. It just that you’re pouring it to a wrong person.”

Yui’s tears fall again, Sora quickly hug her and give her a kiss on her forehead. The waves already calming down, the sound they made is really peaceful to listen.

“We found them!”

A loud voice from the main door can be heard clearly as everyone dashes to see what happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone in the room keep their eyes on Yamapi who already tremble unconsciously, Maki’s tears keep on walking down to her cheeks. She keeps on holding Yamapi’s hand and so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter